More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 18:02:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims won't age after graduation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims won't age after graduation  (Read 5762 times)
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Sims won't age after graduation
« on: 2005 August 22, 03:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 2 sims that have graduated and are back in Pleasantview. They won't age, they stay on 29 (it's been over 3 days now since they graduated).

I do not have aging on/off and I don't use boolprop. I do use the buyable rewards hack for university.

She is also pregnant. I tried moving her out of the house, and she did get the 'belly' but still won't age even when I moved her into a new house, then I moved him back in with her, then I moved both of them back into the sim bin but that didn't help either. I've also deleted them several times. I've spent many hours on this couple and don't want to lose them, they have several skills almost maxed out, I really like playing this couple. Are there any fixes for this problem?

I've tried the age transition fix, I've typed in 'aging on' just to be safe, I've downloaded the SimPE in hopes of finding something out but I am totally unfamiliar with that program.  I've posted this in several forums and have not had any advice that has worked yet.  This is very frustrating!  I hope someone can help me in here.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Sims won't age after graduation
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 22, 03:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you write again Shift+ctrl+C, and in the window - aging on  ?

Perhaps some hack you used turned off the aging?
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 22, 04:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done that already.   Wink

The hacks I use are the buyable rewards for Uni, better bodies, less modesty, less shooing, sleep naked, the final exam fix and I just tried the Age transition fix today and that didn't work.  I use motherlode and some recolored objects I've been using for months now, and that's it.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 22, 04:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done that already.   Wink

The hacks I use are the buyable rewards for Uni, better bodies, less modesty, less shooing, sleep naked, the final exam fix and I just tried the Age transition fix today and that didn't work.  I use motherlode and some recolored objects I've been using for months now, and that's it.

I have the buyable reward for uni too - it's not the culprit, my aging goes fine.
I have final exam fix too - not the cause.

Try to remove better bodies, less modesty, less shooing, and sleep naked (this one seems suspicious), then see the consequences.
You can return them one by one, until you find the "bad hack".
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 22, 04:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only behavior that matches the symptoms you've described is if you're using houses originally built in a Uni neighborhood, cut-and-pasted via lotbin to a regular neighborhood. But since you did the move-out thing, that should have fixed it. Don't really have any other explanations right now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 22, 06:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only had that happen with the uni Sim Tiffany Sampson. From my neighbourhood, I had this adult who she was seeing/bonking move her in. Now, can't recall whether I used a hack of sorts to move her in, as it was awhile ago, but alas, she couldn't age. But she never graduated unlike your sims. She got pregnant yep, but acted like a teenager pregnant. Couldn't wear clothes. Only Pj's. She had her baby normally but still didn't age. I killed her off eventually and then did what is against the law on this forum, and moved her through the lot bin from other town. Started again with her. Cheated though to her stats to where they were initally.

Still don't know why it happened to this day.

Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 22, 07:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only behavior that matches the symptoms you've described is if you're using houses originally built in a Uni neighborhood, cut-and-pasted via lotbin to a regular neighborhood. But since you did the move-out thing, that should have fixed it. Don't really have any other explanations right now.
No, they have moved out of the campus and are living in Pleasantview. But now that you mention it, the house they are in came from the bin from one of the campuses.  I will certainly try them in a Pleasantview house, and thanks!  And thanks to everyone else trying to help.  I'll post my results with trying a new house.  I think even the house I moved them to for her to show her pregnancy came from the campus bin also.  They were residential homes but nevertheless, they came from a campus.

Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 22, 15:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are a genius!  It worked!  I moved them into one of the houses that already come in Pleasantview, and at 6 PM, my heart took wing!!  They aged!  I can't thank you enough!  I tried everything, even retrieving the game from the recycle bin!  I'm so glad I didn't empty the bin and pulled the game out for one last chance, you have no idea how relieved I am to not have lost this game.  Thank you so much!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 22, 19:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never delete your game unless you have made a back-up - you never know whether you'll live to regret it!!!  I'm glad you sorted it all out though!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: