More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 05, 06:23:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Flashing red pool
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flashing red pool  (Read 3806 times)
sunkitten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Flashing red pool
« on: 2006 March 16, 20:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some (not all) of the pools in my neighbourhood are flashing red since installing OFB. I tried replacing the pool, but it didn't help. Also, in neighbourhood view I've had some lots flashing red.

System specs: Asus A7N8X mobo, 1 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9550 PCI vid card w/128 mb VRAM, 120 GB hard drive w/ 48 GB free space. All expansions installed with the exception of the Holiday Pack.

Does anyone know what is causing this? My neighbourhood was fine before installing OFB but this (and other problems) are making it not so much fun to play.

Thanks,
Sharon (SunKitten)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Flashing red pool
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 16, 20:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is due to your video card, I think. Try updating (or rolling back if you recently updated) your drivers for your video card.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 16, 22:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pool o' blood.  Have you killed any of your sims lately?

Lol, first thought I had.  It might also be a water recoloring hack, if you have one.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 16, 22:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using one of the new lighting mods from MTS2 that change the look of the water?

Maybe that might cause the problem ?

if not, install it, and it will probably help! It worked for me with the pond water! Cheesy

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 16, 22:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never heard of a "pool of blood" recolouring hack.  Sounds like something Pescado might dream up, however.  Cheesy
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 16, 23:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recolour hacks will generally keep the recoloured thing looking like the original substance, ie recoloured water would still look like water. A flat-fill replacement like this is a graphics bug. A lot of people got something similar when the game first came out, actually.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 17, 06:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had red pond water, and the pond water recolors fixed it... anyway, I mean the lighting mod that is supposed to change something about the specularity or the surface of the water, and the way it is mapped, or something like that that I don't entirely understand, but seems related.

sunkitten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 17, 06:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any lighting mods in my game. At the same time I got OFB, I also got a new video card, and updated to the latest drivers... this is probably related to my other problem with bluescreening/rebooting. I'll see if rolling back the drivers fixes the problem, because there are families I can't play right now because of the bluescreen.

The bluescreen message does cite an ATI video driver "atidvag" (I'm sure this is spelled wrong, but can't recall the exact spelling).

Thanks for all your help. Smiley

Sharon
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 17, 11:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What did you install first, the video card and its drivers or OFB? If you installed the video card and the drivers AFTER OFB try reinstalling OFB. Sometimes the game doesn't pick up driver changes.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: