More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 21:16:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Serving up Servo
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Serving up Servo  (Read 12018 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Re: Serving up Servo
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 18, 02:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that doesn't make much sense.  Tongue
Particularly since every time one of my Servos tried to repair or clean a leaking shower, he took major damage.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 18, 07:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SIm hot tubs must be filled with a magic, non-liquid substance.

Instant gratification takes too long.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 18, 08:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The badges are random. I believe they only get one badge and I think it's always gold, but they definitely are random and have no bearing on what badges the creator does or doesn't have.
No, they're random and not necessarily one badge, they're issued using the same apparent random-badge function townies get, because I got one with two silvers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 18, 08:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Upon further testing I found that only spawn servo through debugging seems to pass on badges and skills - at least on my end of the game. I have no idea if that would be true with the buyable servo as I havent "bought" it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 18, 08:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Activating a Servo copies all of the activator's skills, personality, and sign, but not interests, "genetic" personality, or badges. It instead receives random badges that may or may not be good.

Servos also automatically receive 10s in cooking, cleaning, and mechanical, regardless of the activator's skills.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 18, 10:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Servo came with a gold robotics badge and no other.  The person who activated him had two silvers as I recall, neither in robotics, although the person who made him had a gold robotics badge.  What bothers me most about Servos is the fact that every one made adds another character file to the neighbourhood, which would certainly stop me making as many of them as I would have done otherwise.
Did you know that Servos can power up by sleeping in a bed? I wonder why Maxis added that in. How can a robot power up by sleeping? Do they plug themselves in the nearby wall outlet?
Servos can power up by sleeping in a bed because there is no other way for vampire Servos to recharge. Without this feature, a vampire Servo's motives would drop rapidly every time the power need bottomed out (would run outside to recharge, and the sun would have it's normal effect on vampires).

Did you know that Servos can phone the repairman if no one else is in the house when it breaks down (even if they don't have a cellphone)?
« Last Edit: 2006 March 18, 11:28:11 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 18, 10:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What bothers me most about Servos is the fact that every one made adds another character file to the neighbourhood, which would certainly stop me making as many of them as I would have done otherwise.
Making a Servo on the craftbench does not add a file, only activation creates an actual character. Until a Servo is activated, it is merely an object.

Servos can power up by sleeping in a bed because there is no other way for vampire Servos to recharge. Without this feature, a vampire Servo would die* every time the power need bottomed out (would run outside to recharge, and the sun would have it's normal effect on vampires).
I'm not sure Servos *CAN* die like that, because in order for a Servo to die, it has to bottom out in Hunger, Energy, Bladder, etc., which it does not have.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 18, 11:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servos can power up by sleeping in a bed because there is no other way for vampire Servos to recharge. Without this feature, a vampire Servo would die* every time the power need bottomed out (would run outside to recharge, and the sun would have it's normal effect on vampires).
I'm not sure Servos *CAN* die like that, because in order for a Servo to die, it has to bottom out in Hunger, Energy, Bladder, etc., which it does not have.
You were right, its motives just bottom out (with the exception of Social, which just decayed normally).

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 18, 14:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they're random and not necessarily one badge, they're issued using the same apparent random-badge function townies get, because I got one with two silvers.

Well I sure wish someone would make a tool in or out of the game that calls that random townie assign function. I thought about getting a whole list of all my playable 'townies' last night and generation random #s for 1 2 or 3 badges, then for which of the 7 badges, then for which of the 3 levels etc etc but I have a lot of sims like that and it was taking too damned long and I gave up. :p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 18, 19:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you know that Servos can power up by sleeping in a bed? I wonder why Maxis added that in. How can a robot power up by sleeping? Do they plug themselves in the nearby wall outlet?
Servos can power up by sleeping in a bed because there is no other way for vampire Servos to recharge. Without this feature, a vampire Servo's motives would drop rapidly every time the power need bottomed out (would run outside to recharge, and the sun would have it's normal effect on vampires).

According to the Guide, it was only supposed to be the coffin that allowed Servos to recharge. I think this is an oversight on Maxis' part. It doesn't make sense (unless they're plugging themselves in the wall) that Servos recharge by sleeping.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: