More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 04:07:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Issue with the Ticket Machine
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Issue with the Ticket Machine  (Read 3106 times)
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
Issue with the Ticket Machine
« on: 2006 March 15, 08:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After trying out a variety of home businesses, I decided I'd try to open up a little cafe/hangout place, and use the ticket machine which I haven't before.

I set the price, set to start charging customers, and opened the store!
People lined up to the machine, I used sales on them, they filled the buy bar and that chime sounded.... but then I get this:

Ok I figure, apparently they can't get in the way they want to, so I unlock all the doors, and expand the front steps a little. Nada. In desperation I do this:

Still doesn't work! So I motherlode Sim Brynne up the wazoo, and have her buy sims gone wired to see if it happens on normal lots:

I'm tearing out my hair with frustration here! When not charging, the customers can come in on both lots and use everything, so I have no idea what the problem is. Am I confused as to how the ticket machine works? The customers will stand there, fill up the bar, think about a wall, then go back to debating on buying a ticket again, until the bar fills again... Then they eventually leave.

I had debug mode running, but got no errors. I am using Pescado's directors cut, a few hacks from Jeff and Crammy, and the rest is all hair and clothing.
Normal shops without a ticket machine work just fine.

Gosh.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Issue with the Ticket Machine
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 15, 08:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your ticket machine is facing the wall, so the sims cannot access to it to buy their ticket : try placing it one or two tiles from the wall and you should not have any problem.
Pioupiou
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 15, 08:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have the part of the machine the sims take the ticket from blocked by the wall. Move it so they can get to the part that has the little screen on it.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 15, 08:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 15, 08:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man, I can't believe that was it. Boy is my face red.
Thank you both very much. I'm just gonna go hide in shame now   Embarrassed Roll Eyes

Gosh.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 15, 15:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hee-hee, I made the exact same mistake myself once.  I didn't realise what I'd done wrong either and ended-up deleting the machine in frustration.  Eventually worked it out when I was on another lot.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 15, 18:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For such a small object, it has a HUGE amount of Sim-Useable space.  Keep it free and clear and all is good.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: