More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 15:26:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  home business Hotel, is it possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: home business Hotel, is it possible?  (Read 3941 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
home business Hotel, is it possible?
« on: 2006 March 08, 10:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

will customer actually stay and sleep in your home business lot? or its a wasting of time
i know there is a community sleep hack but thats for community businesss
thanks
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: home business Hotel, is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 08, 13:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no one knows?
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 08, 13:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone's asleep.  Ha ha..  The only thing I can think of is a Hotel Collection that I downloaded from MTS2, all the stuff is used on community lots as they would  be in houses..

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 08, 13:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that you posted after I went to bed (1am Eastern) and before I got up (8am Eastern), I'd say that a significant portion of of people are busy sleeping themselves. Or have gone to work without checking MATY. Wink

Why not test it yourself?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 08, 13:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure you cannot sleep on a community lot as the game arrived out of the Maxis box.  There is something about it in the guide, with respect to a furniture store, but I can't find it right now.

Found it!  "...you can place previously unavailable home-only items (such as beds) on community lots for actual use, but they'll have only limited interactions (for example, Sims can Relax or WooHoo on a bed but can't sleep on it)."

In other words, you can run a brothel, but no hotels!  I'm sure someone will fix that sooner or later.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 08, 14:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im about to build a new house for the family im playing and i want it to be carefully planned and not a abomination piece-of-crap like my current house. and my current house is so tiny i barely have space move around my own family members, will be a disaster if i would to start home business now and test it heh

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 08, 14:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure you cannot sleep on a community lot as the game arrived out of the Maxis box.  There is something about it in the guide, with respect to a furniture store, but I can't find it right now.

Found it!  "...you can place previously unavailable home-only items (such as beds) on community lots for actual use, but they'll have only limited interactions (for example, Sims can Relax or WooHoo on a bed but can't sleep on it)."

In other words, you can run a brothel, but no hotels!  I'm sure someone will fix that sooner or later.

thats NOT what i mean, the title of my post is "HOME business....", i know you CAN make a hotel on community lot because there is a community SLEEP hack on MTS2. the hack re-enables sleep options on community lot beds and people will sleep there.
What i want to know is if customers will sleep in a HOME business hotel. cuz somehow i suspect that they behave the same on a residential lot as they do on a community lot.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 08, 14:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What i want to know is if customers will sleep in a HOME business hotel. cuz somehow i suspect that they behave the same on a residential lot as they do on a community lot.

I can only share my experience that if I have customers hanging around late at night at my home bakery (which is just about daily), they will use the hot tub or swings for hours on end but have never gone into the house (even with the doors unlocked) and used an empty bedroom.  Or played pool for that matter.

They leave at 6 a.m. when my family arises.

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 08, 14:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

may be cuz its a bakery (retail type business) and not a pay-to-spend-time business?....
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 08, 15:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the enable sleep on community lot has been modified http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=136854

Edit: Changed the required fatigue level for visitors so they'll sleep *before* complaining about being tired and leaving the lot.  That should make visitors sleep properly on lots.

Maybe that will fix your problem?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: