More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 20, 12:29:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maxis does it again!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis does it again!  (Read 61666 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Maxis does it again!
« Reply #125 on: 2006 March 14, 18:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I confess to being lazy with my fro and not doing the family. I suppose I should someday. It works just fine though other than, as mentioned, when you change the haircolors by default it switches to another mesh instead of staying on the afro.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2006 March 14, 18:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmkay so I need both. No biggie. SimPe gets a lil complicated.

*sighs* I still need to purge my custom content of eye colors I won't use. I like that people don't like wasting your time by only uploading one eye color, but sometimes I don't NEED another set of frakking blue!  Tongue

At least I don't have as many skintones as I used to.  Smiley

Which reminds me, I always wondered if deleting things in game deletes them from my pc as well or does it just disable it? I never bothered to test it. Because cleaninstaller takes to long to sipher through for big delete jobs.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2006 March 14, 20:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting stuff in-game deletes it totally. I don't think it's even in your recycle bin after that, it's *gone.*

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2006 March 14, 20:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always suspected it's one of the causes of empty package files (deleting stuff in game) but have never been able to prove it. But yep, it's gone as in really really gone when you delete it that way. I don't think it deletes meshes though IIRC. And unless they changed it, you can't delete from the mirror or clothing rack either.

Personally, I hate deleting in the CAS it's a real pain.  Angry

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2006 March 14, 20:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't delete meshes.  And the last time I tried deleting from CAS, it took way too long for it to do it's thing before I could delete the next one.  I decided to just make a note and delete all of them at once, including the mesh, from Windows.  The good thing was that I had saved each style in its own folder with the picture, so I knew which one. Smiley

I am interested in Louis' hair binned.  I was thinking about attacking his next, but I wasn't too eager to do it just yet.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2006 March 14, 21:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See my problem is I have too much stuff  Roll Eyes So unless I can see what I am deleting I don't wanna mess with it.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2006 March 14, 21:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I agree 100%. I have too much junk that I don't want but it takes WAY too much time and hassle to get rid of it so I just put up with the long loading time to start the game and go grab a cup of coffee or start some wash or something.

I'm not a big fan of paying for custom content if you've read my posts Wink but I'd even pay for a decent program that makes managing custom content and organizing and deleting files easier to deal with.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2006 March 14, 21:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have simscleaninstaller, but it makes organizer your downloads into folders moot because it lists everything in the folders when you try to look at your "loose" stuff.

Oh well, my downloads folder is much better now since I got OFB. The 20 minute loading time made me get rid of everything and be a lil bit more discriminate when downloading. So I need to get on all these catagorizing before I get nuts with it again.  Roll Eyes

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: 2006 March 14, 22:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you clear the "recursive" check box it won't show everything in subfolders Smiley

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2006 March 14, 22:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*face bumps*  Embarrassed Well, slap me like a red headed step child. I didn't know.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2006 March 15, 01:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah stupid datgen keeps freezing on the last file to scan.  Angry *growls* Fifth time I've tried it too.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2006 March 15, 02:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It did the same thing to me too.  I thought it was the file, and I deleted it.  But It kept freezing on the one before that, and before that...I finally gave up figuring it was a bug in Datgen.  Sad
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2006 March 15, 02:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well, I'll just start start on my skintones in SimPe.  Tongue

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2006 March 15, 02:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forget but I thought I had to restart every time after I did one. Also, I think the beta version is newer than the last regular one.

It's buggy but still a lot more user friendly than SimPE so I just deal with it, but if SimPE works better for you guys then go for it.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2006 March 15, 03:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just couldn't get datgen to open the files if I tried to scan them. I don't know enough about the names of the hair files to manually open them. I am tew duhmB.  Sad

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2006 March 15, 03:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would use it if I could get it to work.  How are you getting it to work, Motoki?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2006 March 15, 03:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... I just got all my eye colors properly geneticized. Trying to do my skin tones as it's....not set up the way the faq on Syera's thread. So confused now... The faq on her thread says to select "Texture Overlay XML" and then alter the genetic line from 0 (I am assuming) to something between .05 to .90 but there is not an option to select texture overlay xml on the skintone files like there was for eye colors.

So I just want to make sure I am reading SimPe right, I think the OFB verison changed things up a bit. To alter genetics on skintone it looks like I have to do:

Open file > Skintone XML > Skintone XML > Change the genetic line of "0" to the new value I want

I just want to be sure before fubar'ing everything. So afraid of messing things up!

((cross-posted to Syera's thread in Peasantry))
« Last Edit: 2006 March 15, 04:18:20 by Jelenedra » Logged

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2006 March 15, 06:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I pls get a link too if its done? Thanks Cheesy

Go Away
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2006 March 15, 07:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to be sure before fubar'ing everything. So afraid of messing things up!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just make a backup copy of the file before you make changes to it and worst case scenario you can always delete the new file and go back to the original one.

Rainbow: I don't recall how I got datgen to work, I just sort of did. Haven't messed with it in a while. I think if I remember I could do one hair at a time but if I tried to do another without restarting datgen it would freeze or some such thing.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2006 March 15, 10:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow: I don't recall how I got datgen to work, I just sort of did. Haven't messed with it in a while. I think if I remember I could do one hair at a time but if I tried to do another without restarting datgen it would freeze or some such thing.

Yeah - I think it was to do with file size sometimes.  Some of those hair files are really big and DatGen seemed to choke on them.  Though this was not always the case - it did some large files without complaint but all the ones it wouldn't do (without a fiddle) were big files.  I ended up doing all the hairs/families it would do easily first and then doing the rest one by one - restarting the programme between each take.  A bit of a PITA but I got them all working eventually.  It is a lot more straightforward than the SimPE method though you could always fall back on that if you get stuck.  I used the most up-to-date debug version of DatGen too - not version 7.13 but the debug of that (I think).  It worked where the latest official version didn't.

http://www.datgen.info/downloads.aspx

Inteen for AL, yay!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2006 March 15, 16:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried downloading the debug version last night and it managed to load all the files up, but when I went to the category editor nothing was in the list of files to edit and hitting "search" caused it to have a crictical error and shut down. *sighs*  Roll Eyes I'll try again tonight, but it looks like I'm stuck trying to figure out SimPe.

kattybiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2006 March 15, 17:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jelendra -

If you know which files are your hair files, try moving everything else out of the download folder before running DatGen.  I think the critical error comes from it having to scan so many files - once I isolated the hair files as the ONLY thing to look at in the search, it ran for me.

As for the list of pre-binned....I have most of Lyran's hair binned as well as most of NeptuneSuzy's.  I'd be happy to put them up somewhere to download if we started a list.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2006 March 15, 17:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that when it was freezing on the official release. I haven't tried since getting the debug. That was actually how I genetic'ed all my eye colors. I created three new folders: Dom, Rec, Hyper and went through cleaninstaller (because it has thumbnails) and moved them into the apporiate folder. Then I went to SimPe and opened each folder and went through and added the genetic trait. Went much quicker than loading up the thumbnail in SimPe. Once I was done just moved everything back into it's original folder. Opened up the game and tested and it worked beautifully, my violet eyes are no longer dominant over brown.  Cool

I just haven't gotten the skintones done yet because the new layout of SimPe doesn't match Syera's instructions. So I don't want to fiddle until I know I got it figured out.

kattybiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2006 March 15, 18:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might work, then...mine froze on the official release too, but separating it out worked for the debug.  Of course, this might be because I have the slowest computer ever.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2006 March 15, 18:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will fiddle with it tonight, I got inspired to make a Revan Sim while fiddling with SimPe.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: