More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 17:30:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB super challenging!! Well, maybe difficult? umm.. well hard as Uni?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB super challenging!! Well, maybe difficult? umm.. well hard as Uni?  (Read 14351 times)
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: OFB super challenging!! Well, maybe difficult? umm.. well hard as Uni?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 05, 06:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what this customer limit you are talking about is.. I have eight family members (one human and his seven servos)at the business, and I most times have at least ten customers at once. I have the hacky sack hack again.. so at least they aren't playing inside.... but he wants to always run outside to join or watch the game that is going on.. heh.  Either that or play redhands or rock,paper,scissors with someone.. A hack that would make it so adults don't auto initiate those would be great.. Kids,teens,ya's I have no problems with.. but I can't remember the last time I've had the urge to break into a rousing game of rock/paper/scissors...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 05, 08:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I say anything else I have a hack request.

GET RID OF THE SPAM WANTS TO HIRE EVERY FUCKER YOU EVER MEET!!!! You think sims love playing ssx? Think they desire instruments? Think they are stupid? NO!! They want to hire every bastard who ever comes within 20 miles of them, and rarely have less than 3 of thier want slots taken up with "hire Sim X, who is currently playable and at the top of the nat science career, as a 15$ an hour cashier".
That's already in testing, in a form: I made it so playable sims with high career levels already were simply not eligible hires, which cuts down on the "hire spam" both in the form of people you DON'T EVER WANT TO HIRE clogging your hiring panel, and the wants. I may or may not seperate it from harderjobs.

Anyway, how hard is OFB if you are not retardo?

Well, after playing last night for several hous and getting 3 businesses up to 8 ranking, I have to say, its not that challenging unless you make an away from home witha  sim that has no skills, no friends, and no money (i.e. one that couldn't afford it int he first place)
Hard varies. What did you expect?

If you want something more difficult, don't run venues, since these are basically free money, and only run retail from home...where you have to deal with everything in REAL TIME since there is no time on community lots.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 05, 09:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I started a new CAS sim.

No cheats, no insp rewards, no job, no marriage/move in, no servo. Only that sim alone and any regular employees.

Home is at lvl 8. Comm lot is at lvl 6. 15 days before elder.

The backyard store is a combo crackhouse/giftshop. Its botha  charge by the hour "bubble blower" (not big bong) access and a shop to sell my paintings (still only lvl 7 skill) and assorted crap (low level toys for crafted).

Started as a tiny store on a porch, built up a few customers, and took the grant path of rewards. One of my first customers was "the reporter" so  I made friends and started banging her daily. Once I hit lvl 3 I added the bongs and started charging 7$ a minute to shop and smoke crack in my house. From then it was pretty quick to lvl 5 and I took the last 2 grants, giving me plenty of start-up money.

I bought a comm lot, stocked it with crap, and alternated between home and comm lot. The comm lot has 2 employees, one gold stocker, and one gold salesperson. The home lot is still just small amounts of goods so I have a part time stocker but don't keep him there all that much (besides, the gardener and maid do most of the non-stocking maintenece).

I get there with all my needs as green as I can get them, call in employees, open store, hit the toilet, and stand behind the register. The two of them are hitting yellow/red the same time I am at about 1/4 energy. I usually need to hit the toilet once before the day is over. I closet eh store, send the salesgirl home, help restock, and head home for recovery. I pay both the employees one step above fair. That way they won't quit no matter what, and hang on without a break until pretty red.

Again, no real challenge other than making sure your bars don't bottom out while at the comm lot (because then your sim won't do anything, like cash out the one person standing there after closing the store, or get in the taxi to go home, or pick upt he dirty plate that is upsetting him so much...

The initial opening of the comm lot was a huge and fast drop of money until I gained a few more wholesale skills and could make a profit on anythign I made or buy and still sell it for cheap.

The sim has a LTW of owning 5 high rated bus. I may see what I can knock out with him.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 05, 12:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim has a LTW of owning 5 high rated bus. I may see what I can knock out with him.

Very cool Smiley Sounds like that kept you entertained for a few hours and might have a few more in it. Are you going to try Pescado's suggestion next and do only retail from home?

Unsouper
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 05, 13:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, no real challenge...

Samon: I agree with Pescado, if you want a real challenge, don't run a venue, and run a business retail out of home only. It's been tough going for me, but maybe I am just a retardo.  Tongue

Also, you have an advantage over me when I started mine in that you actually know what you are doing.  Grin

That's already in testing, in a form: I made it so playable sims with high career levels already were simply not eligible hires, which cuts down on the "hire spam" both in the form of people you DON'T EVER WANT TO HIRE clogging your hiring panel, and the wants. I may or may not seperate it from harderjobs.

I think this feature what kind of a bad idea in the first place. Some people share a neighborhood with family members or roommates who could seriously screw things up by making their level 10 job sims or their sims at work just about to get a promotion into cashiers and stockboys. Also, they have no badges so what's the point? And if some other playable sims do have badges then they have their own business and again, hiring them can screw things up for someone else.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 05, 15:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I am finally getting the hang of my business. It helps to have a romantic. I just have him call up his lovers randomly and invite them over and sell them things...such as the ridiculously expensive hot tub for $11500.

"Honey...why don't you get this tub and help out my business a little?"

*wink wink*

"We could do several activities in there, ya know..."

*bat eyelashes*

Ding!

I made that sale and made a horrible profit of 100%  Grin.

Yeah, home business shld be tuff. I am trying that one next after I get my existing store to level 10.

Go Away
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 05, 16:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running a business out of your home is challenging. It was a breeze with established simmies (PermaPlat, bunches of money, retired family-members, etc.) but with a brand-new sim, that was a whole other story. You are in no way retarded Motoki, unless we both are...

Sanmonroe, I agree whole-heartedly. I have ALL the wants panels clogged up with 'hire...', and for the first time since I own TS2, I am contemplating joining the ranks of the kitten-killers. I checked on the insim, and the Object-insim (the one that's made from the science reward) has the option to refresh the wants panel. It might be worth a try. The clogging is not a big deal with my established sims, they are in PermaPlat, but it will be a bitch to play my brand-new business owner if she can't get any reward points just because the panel is clogged up.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 05, 17:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could always just not have any friends. I'm sure Pescado would approve.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 05, 17:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running a business out of your home is challenging. It was a breeze with established simmies (PermaPlat, bunches of money, retired family-members, etc.) but with a brand-new sim, that was a whole other story. You are in no way retarded Motoki, unless we both are...

Sanmonroe, I agree whole-heartedly. I have ALL the wants panels clogged up with 'hire...', and for the first time since I own TS2, I am contemplating joining the ranks of the kitten-killers. I checked on the insim, and the Object-insim (the one that's made from the science reward) has the option to refresh the wants panel. It might be worth a try. The clogging is not a big deal with my established sims, they are in PermaPlat, but it will be a bitch to play my brand-new business owner if she can't get any reward points just because the panel is clogged up.
Slight correction: the InSIM kills puppies. The InTeen is the kitty-killer.

And refreshing the wants will likely make them re-roll again. You're probably going to be better off if you go into debug mode, ctrl (or is it shift?) + click on a want, and the sim will think that they have achieved the want, stopping it re-rolling. Though it could force more annoying wants to roll...

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 05, 19:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, no real challenge...

Samon: I agree with Pescado, if you want a real challenge, don't run a venue, and run a business retail out of home only. It's been tough going for me, but maybe I am just a retardo.  Tongue

Also, you have an advantage over me when I started mine in that you actually know what you are doing.  Grin

The "venue" was only open when the shop was open and not even there until lvl 3 or 4. There is no way to run a combo and keep it open all the time. So I did have all the restrictions and difficulties of a regular sales shop, someone had to be on duty the entire time. And the 7$ an hour wasn't exactly a huge outpouring of money either. 8 hours or so a day at home, or every other day or two (once I opened the second shop) charging a couple sims 7$ to blow bubbles while they rebuilt their shopping need was the point, not the cash.

Webcest.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 05, 19:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what this customer limit you are talking about is.. I have eight family members (one human and his seven servos)at the business, and I most times have at least ten customers at once. I have the hacky sack hack again.. so at least they aren't playing inside.... but he wants to always run outside to join or watch the game that is going on.. heh.  Either that or play redhands or rock,paper,scissors with someone.. A hack that would make it so adults don't auto initiate those would be great.. Kids,teens,ya's I have no problems with.. but I can't remember the last time I've had the urge to break into a rousing game of rock/paper/scissors...

You have 10 customers, that walk onto your lot on their own, with a non-lvl 10 rank, all the time?

What hacks and mods are you using?

The only way this can happen is if you are rank 7 and have a good review (adds 3 to rank for a few days) or have some game mod in startup or a hack that removes the restriction.

You can get tons of customers once per day at home if you throw a party. But as long as the party sims are there, or any other called over guests other than a date, the leaving shoppers will not be replaced.

Webcest.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 06, 11:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get tons of customers once per day at home if you throw a party. But as long as the party sims are there, or any other called over guests other than a date, the leaving shoppers will not be replaced.

Ooooh Tupperware parties! Or Avon or those sex toys ones. For bored housewifes. I never even thought of that. Thanks :) Should be funny... and could do the evil Wifes or something and feed a random one to the cowplant. They ought to be Uni professor's wives, but I still haven't even figured out how to give Uni profs wives and I'm iffy about the businesses.

Unsouper
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: