More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 18, 12:48:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My Trashcan has disappeared!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Trashcan has disappeared!  (Read 4321 times)
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
My Trashcan has disappeared!
« on: 2006 March 07, 16:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My legacy lot's trashcan has mysteriously disappeared, I noticed this when I saw the maid in some sort of endless loop of taking the trash out of the disposal unit, drop it, pick it up, put it into the machine, take it out again.... repeat.

Is there anyway to get my can back? Or do I have to move the family?

Thanks in advance.

Gosh.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: My Trashcan has disappeared!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 07, 16:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get a buyable one at http://daydream.etowns.net/

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 07, 16:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much  Grin

Gosh.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 07, 16:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have OFB replacing the trash can might not work as you cannot place anything beyond the sidewalk, even with moveobjects. You may have to move them out and back in again to reset the lot.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 07, 17:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have OFB replacing the trash can might not work as you cannot place anything beyond the sidewalk, even with moveobjects. You may have to move them out and back in again to reset the lot.

Yeah I have OFB, I was unable to place the can where it usually goes (the out of bounds thing) but I put it near the mailbox (on the other side of the sidewalk) and so far it's working. If I notice my sims starting to have problems I'll move them out, but for now everything is working.

Phew.

Gosh.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 07, 20:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this the only cure for this problem?  The last thing I want to do is move everybody out and in again, because of losing all the furniture and fixtures & fittings.  I really do wish they would do something to enable us to leave those behind, I absolutely hate furnishing lots.

Actually, now I come to think of it, I don't think it would work, because I moved a couple of newly-graduated sims into a lot after installing the expansion and their lot behaved in exactly the same way.  What I want to know is whether it's a glitch or deliberate.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 07, 20:52:23 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 07, 20:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You dont have to have the trashcan where it is.  Even if you move it, it will still work. So replacing with a buyable one should work
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 07, 21:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you get it back, keep an eye on it.  I had a dissapearing mailbox so I kept exiting without saving and going back in to see if it was reproducable or not, and it was.  Every time I got my sim to sit down and read from the cinderblocks bookcase (the elcheapo block one) it would go *poof* and dissapear.  I deleted said bookcase and replaced it with slightly more expensive one and no more problems.  It's quite possible its the same scenario with your bin, give it a try.

Axe murdered since 2006
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 07, 22:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I have OFB, I was unable to place the can where it usually goes (the out of bounds thing) but I put it near the mailbox (on the other side of the sidewalk) and so far it's working. If I notice my sims starting to have problems I'll move them out, but for now everything is working.

*slaps self in forehead* It didn't even occur to me that the trash can could be placed someplace else besides one tile away from the mailbox. Glad you got it working and hope it stays that way!

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 07, 23:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy has a fix for things that disappear due to cloned bookcases, in his section.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 08, 00:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah but it wan't a clone, standard issue Maxis bookcase. Don't yet know if it was a conflict with a hack, haven't finished all my testing yet.

Axe murdered since 2006
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 08, 01:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So portal deletion is alive and well still?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: