More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 06:54:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Graduated from uni problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graduated from uni problem  (Read 2840 times)
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Graduated from uni problem
« on: 2006 March 02, 08:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim, Polly, graduate from uni with seemingly no problem. Combined her with her family, then went to her fiance's house to get them married. Teleported Polly to the lot, had the guy "throw wedding party", but then the wedding arch was unclickable. I also couldn't have the guy click on Polly and "propose" anything.

I made Polly selectable in debug mode, and the game appeared to consider her a senior in college, although she had a memory of graduating and growing up and moving out.  I exited the lot without saving and went to play Polly on her own lot. Same trouble, although after a couple of minutes on the lot, Polly grew up to an adult, but only had 5 want slots and her age time line showed no YA stage.

I fixed her up with the lot debugger and redid the wedding and she appears fine, but has two grew up memories in a row.

I've never encountered this before, and other sims that graduated with her are fine.  Any ideas what went wrong?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Graduated from uni problem
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 02, 09:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you actually play her on her parents' lot, or did you just move her in and then teleport her straight out again?

Zephyr Zodiac
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 02, 15:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The house that Polly was moved into, was it a house that existed before you installed Nightlife? And if so, was it loaded and saved after Nightlife was installed but before she moved in? Some people have had similar problems with that. Mine had want slots that vanished, but I think the YA sign was still on their lifeline.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 02, 15:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually got the impression that all dusty did was to combine the families and then move to the boyfriend's lot without actually entering Polly's family home.  I think this might cause some kind of wierdness, because she wouldn't have been properly saved to the lot she was supposedly living on.  (Just as YA's when they return to the neighbourhood aren't properly there until you actually close their old lot and move to the neighbourhood.)

Zephyr Zodiac
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 03, 04:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Zephyr I did what you said. Lazy me, trying to avoid loading extra lots as it is so slow on my computer. Thanks for the advice, I'll avoid that in future.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 03, 04:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just had a feeling, from what you said......Maybe if you use the Lot sync timer, it will take a bit of the hassle out of loading lots for you - at least you won't keep having to return to the hood!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: