More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 07:29:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Idiot of the Day
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Idiot of the Day  (Read 3997 times)
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Idiot of the Day
« on: 2006 February 28, 15:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I Do realize I'm about to come off like a blithering moron, but I've come to the conclusion I'd prefer the laughter and pointing, and even the removal of body parts, to allowing myself to stumble on any longer in the dark, blind to a key element of the game. I also realize that it may be difficult for anyone to believe that I've owned the game for an entire year and have not the first clue about this, but...well...errr....K, I'm going to spit it out--How does one know what a particular sim's "lifetime want" is? Where is this bit of information? I'm certain it's staring me in the face and I'm, somehow, wholly missing what seems to me is quite obvious to everyone else.

Please, someone...anyone...be kind enough to relieve me of my ignorance. Admission into Retardo Land is a small price to pay in exchange for an answer to this burning, and humbling, question. Thank you.

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Idiot of the Day
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 28, 15:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hover your mouse pointer over the aspiration meter in the control panel on the bottom of the screen, and a window with the LTW should pop up.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 28, 15:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Uni...
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 28, 15:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...I don't have any EPs. Is there an alternate way in the base game? Thanks for your post, Tina G.

jsalemi - Thank you for your response, as well.

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 28, 15:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And of course, if you don't have any EPs, then you aren't an idiot for wondering about it!

And no, you do need either Uni or NL for them to be included.

Zephyr Zodiac
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 28, 15:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have no idea how relieved I feel just now, Zephyer. Thank you...I was beginning to grow just a little concerned about myself Roll Eyes

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 28, 15:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  Of course, when you do install an EP, you'll find nearly all your sims are in the WRONG JOB!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 28, 16:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that is why Pescado has kindly made hacks for us to change the LTW until it makes sense.  Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 28, 16:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps in RL he was a frustrated All-in-wrestler whose parents made him take a "safe" job in local government!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 28, 22:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason your sims are all going to be in the wrong job is that a sim can't have an LTW he already would have had, so if he's maximized all skills, he can't have it as an LTW anymore, and similarly, if he's at the top of his job track, he can't have that LTW either, so  he has to have something else. Which tends to make it the wrong job.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 28, 23:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was referring to how, when you first get the game, you put the sim in one of the jobs he/she wants, but then, when you install Uni, they often have a different job as their LTW. So then they have to change jobs, or change LTWs!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: