More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 13:24:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  stupid move-out controller, how I despise thee!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: stupid move-out controller, how I despise thee!  (Read 2185 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
stupid move-out controller, how I despise thee!
« on: 2005 December 09, 23:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it happened again, when attempting to move another Uni sim back home, that the move-out controller got stuck and he wouldn't transition or leave. Nuked the thing with the Lot Debugger & tried again, no joy (this didn't work the last time either). Then I tried what I'd done before to correct the issue, which was have he & another controllable sim visit a community lot & have him move home from there. No such luck this time, upon completing his phone call the game kicked me back to the Uni neighborhood without saving. Then I tried entering one of the off-campus houses & moving him in there with Inge's teleport bush, then having him move out from THAT house, but again, the move-out controller got stuck & even after nuking it he wouldn't leave. So my last resort is to teleport him straight home using the shrub again, then going into SimPE & turning off his "on campus" toggle, then manually enter the correct # of days for his adult lifespan - I've altered it using Inge's agecons hack to 39 days instead of 29, but when moving Uni sims into the house using the shrub & fixing the Uni toggle with SimPE (had to do this with another sim earlier) it defaults them back to 29 days. This issue more than anything else is making me never want to send another sim to Uni. I suspect it might be the "no family size limit" hack affecting these move outs, but truth be told I've been using so many hacks lately I wouldn't know where to start looking for the culprit.

Ok, just needed to vent, I'm all better now  Roll Eyes
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: stupid move-out controller, how I despise thee!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 10, 04:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh!  I can relate.  I just had this happen with one of my favorite Sims from my favorite sorority.  Not even the Lot debugger worked.  I had her cousin from Downtown call her over to move in but then there was no move in option so I just added her to the family with the InSimenator and then when she moved out unto a new lot, she had no face.  Luckily when I took her to the mirror she got her face back.  And now she's engaged to hnote's David Beckham Sim so I guess it ended happily.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: stupid move-out controller, how I despise thee!
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 02, 21:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I was done with this problem, but it's started up again.  Poor old Twain is stuck at Uni and refuses to grow-up and leave, which is a shame because he's in love with the Diva and she's waiting for him.  I think maybe it might be because his clock ran out while he was at the SS lot, having been abducted the previous night.  None of my Sims leave campus autonomously without a party, so I didn't even notice the "Returning Home" thingy until he was back at the dorm.  I tried to move him out so he could leave from another lot, but the game wouldn't let him because "another Sim is trying to move out" - NO, it's the same Sim!  Then I tried to move the next graduate, Posie Flump, but she couldn't go either.  I now have three of them waiting to leave.  I really want to get this sorted tonight because I'm expecting OFB to arrive tomorrow, so if moving them back via someone in the neighbourhood doesn't work I'll have to manually put them into the Uni family bin in SimPE and see if they can move into another lot and leave that way, although it sounds as if that might not work either.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: