More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 October 05, 10:26:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540282 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Face and body skin mismatch
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Face and body skin mismatch  (Read 15209 times)
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Face and body skin mismatch
« on: 2006 February 19, 01:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey all,

I've been lurking here for quite some time, but obviously never have posted.  Has anyone noticed a missmatch between face and body skins since the last patch?  I'm having that problem. I also have Helaene's default eye set, and some of my sims have been reseting to the maxis default.  Any ideas or thoughts?
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Face and body skin mismatch
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 19, 01:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a weird error the other day when I sent one of my elders to repair a broken trash compactor.  He got electrocuted, but survived, and went to work afterwards as though nothing at all had happened.  When he came home from work I noticed that somehow his head skin tone had changed to 4 (dark) while his body was still skin tone 1 (light).  Change Appearance was definitely showing him with a dark skin tone, so I canceled out of it.  I quit without saving, and went back into the lot.  This time he didn't get electrocuted, everything was normal, and he died of old age the next day.

I have never seen this before the latest patch.  For what it's worth, I don't have any custom skin tones in my game.

Karen
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 19, 02:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey all,

I've been lurking here for quite some time, but obviously never have posted.  Has anyone noticed a missmatch between face and body skins since the last patch?  I'm having that problem. I also have Helaene's default eye set, and some of my sims have been reseting to the maxis default.  Any ideas or thoughts?

I had this on a sim after installing some new default replacements.  I cured it by using a mirrow to apply blush hitting accept, then removing the blush and hitting accept.  After that her face skinetone was the same as the body.
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 19, 02:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the skin missmatch was able to be fixed by changing appearance on the mirror,  but the eye change has stayed unchanged.  Also, the thumbnail pic shows the missmatch afterwards and the head that pops up when you choose actions shows the missmatch as well. Doesn't really change gameplay, just annoying.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 19, 02:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the skin missmatch was able to be fixed by changing appearance on the mirror,  but the eye change has stayed unchanged.  Also, the thumbnail pic shows the missmatch afterwards and the head that pops up when you choose actions shows the missmatch as well. Doesn't really change gameplay, just annoying.

Can't remember if eye color was changable since i've never tried (if it is can try same thing as the blush).  But as for the thumbnails you could try doing change apperance several times and accept the changes (doesn't matter if you didn't do any) it should reroll the thumbnail maybe it'll fix itself.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 19, 05:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to get the eye color change to work correctly with sim surgery. Last time I tried, I was trying to get my simself's son to have my new eyecolor, and my poor teen boy wound up with all my makeup, instead! And, yes, I did check the appropriate options. "Eye color only".

I've also had the skin mismatch after using sim surgery to change the skintone on a couple of my sims. I was changing them to the medium skintone that their father has. I went to change appearance in the mirror, and the toddler then looked like he had too much foundation on. You could see it at the hairline. I then deleted and imported him back in with the teleporter shrub, and that finally fixed it.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 19, 05:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the idea i forgot.  Deleting them and going back into the lot afterwards.  I had a sim stuck with the elixir of life effect (blue glow) so i saved, deleted her, saved again then went back into the lot.  She appeared near the mailbox and no longer had the endless effect on her.
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 19, 13:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a whole family's whose eyecolor defaulted to the maxis brown. I wish there was a fix for this. Does contact lens work?
I also had one of my CAS created Sim,  whom I'm not currently playing, lose his hair. Now he walks around bald. I was quite surprised when I saw him walking around a community lot bald. I guess I should play his family to change it  back but I wonder why that happened in the first place?
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 19, 15:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm..  Thats a thought, will have to try that Brynne. Mine are all kinda messed up. It seems to have taken effect on most the neighborhood, even the townies I created in CAS and imported out.  Their body and hairline is one color and the face a different
one.  They seem to have lost their custom skintones as well.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 19, 16:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Wolfee

Have you been working on your hair styles in the game?    I know a lot of people have been working to put the custom styles into the correct color bins.     The only way I have had hair go missing in my game is from deleting the endlessly ugly toddler styles that looked like someone has just used a paintbrush and drew a few lines.    I didn't realize at the time that if you delete a toddler style from a set that the whole set is fubarred.    Just take your sim to the mirror and "change appearance".   You will have to choose another style probably.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 19, 20:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't realize at the time that if you delete a toddler style from a set that the whole set is fubarred.    Just take your sim to the mirror and "change appearance".   You will have to choose another style probably.

I've deleted the toddler styles for a LOT of hairstyles, I'd venture it's past the hundred mark at this point, and I've never had one fubared skin. I use the "set age = 0x00000" method, however.  But I guess that's technically "hiding" rather than deleting...Still, it's the simplest, and also the least error-prone.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 19, 21:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use sim surgery anymore.  I just go right in the character file in SimPe and change the values to point to whatever eyes or skin I want.  It's easy ! (Here i go again Smiley )
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 19, 21:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

alot of people have been having this happen (along with the blue face issue), even people that don't use any custom content, so I'm wondering if Maxis screwed something up and its just showing up now...
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 20, 00:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, my god, angelyne! Your avatar...
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 20, 01:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Wolfee

Have you been working on your hair styles in the game?    I know a lot of people have been working to put the custom styles into the correct color bins.     The only way I have had hair go missing in my game is from deleting the endlessly ugly toddler styles that looked like someone has just used a paintbrush and drew a few lines.    I didn't realize at the time that if you delete a toddler style from a set that the whole set is fubarred.    Just take your sim to the mirror and "change appearance".   You will have to choose another style probably.

Well I have been deleting hairstlyes but not toddlers at least I don't recall ever doing that. The hairstyles I do delete are only the ones that don't show up in bodyshop or CAS, as what happens when you don't have the mesh for that hairstlye. I don't understand why that even happens because I never download a hairstyle without downloading the mesh as well first

I wish I could understand Simpe better to do the stuff the rest of you  all do with it. and yes I read the tutorials,  but it's still confusing.
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 20, 05:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*nods* I agree.. very cute bunny.   I tried to raise wild bunnies once.. all died.. Cry
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 20, 06:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey all,

I recently used simsurgery to change the facial structure of a number of NPC's, and every single one has had that problem- even when i didn't mess with the skin tone at all, just the shape of the face. I have been using change appearance in the mirror to reset their looks and the thumbnails, and the problem seems to show up afterwards.. I haven't tried getting them to check appearance a second time to see if it solves the problem, however, I don't really see how it could...
« Last Edit: 2006 February 20, 06:44:35 by Ellatrue » Logged

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 20, 10:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found a way to update the portrait and fix any skin issues for any Sim which is much faster than change appearance. With testing cheats active, shift-click the Sim and 'make vampire', then shift-click 'cure vampire'.
Presto, change-o, fix-o.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 20, 15:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, my god, angelyne! Your avatar...
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Check the new one out Brynne Smiley  I got it at http://cuteoverload.com/

I've decided that this forum needs a good infusion of cuteness and fuzzyness.  To even things out you know.  Won't you join ?
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 21, 15:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be a problem with default replacement skintones? I notice I am having this problem with sims that have one kind of skintone, but not some of the others, and I believe I have deleted some of the default replacements for the darker skintones. Could it somehow revert to the maxis skintone at the hairline?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 21, 15:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the new one out Brynne Smiley  I got it at http://cuteoverload.com/

I've decided that this forum needs a good infusion of cuteness and fuzzyness.  To even things out you know.  Won't you join ?

You mean my avi isn't cute and fuzzy enough?  Cry

But look what I found there! Awwwwwwww...a puppy butt!

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 21, 15:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That and www.dailykitten.com are just about the two cutest sites ever.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 22, 01:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

on man that kitten site.......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww <glass breaks>
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 22, 01:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C'mon Brynne, join in the cute cause!

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 22, 01:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You better not let Pescado see the fuzzy and cute things.  When he's done with them, they'll be very uncute.  Noses on your arms, uncute.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: