More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 23:38:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't change townies wardrobe
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't change townies wardrobe  (Read 4065 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Can't change townies wardrobe
« on: 2006 February 19, 23:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I used to makeover all my townies with the magic mirror, now I don't have it, I'm trying to go on a lessened hack "diet". I figured I could use boolProp to make a sim selectable and then use Pescado's clothing picker. Empty wardrobe, and nothing to buy. On dressers either. Has it always been like this, meaning I need the mirror or patience and use gameplay in OFB, or do I need to go through my other hacks?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Can't change townies wardrobe
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 19, 23:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sarah, wait for OFB.  They said that's something you can do with than expansion.  If you are desperate, you can always use the puppy killer, make them selectable, take them Downtown and buy them clothes.  Alternatively, you can use Inge's bush, move them in take them downtown, buy them clothes, change them in the mirror and them use the bush to make them townies again.  Those are the only two solutions I can think of.  That's what I had to do w/Kaylynn in one incarnation before I moved her in with a family.  They have to have their own clothes and you have to have them buy them for them to have them.

Sorry.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 20, 00:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a hack from what's-his-name, the DMA WooHoo NPC starter pack. I didn't keep the NPC's just the hack that allows you to change NPC's clothing,  appearance, facial structure, the works..  It looks like a red alarm system pannel. 
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 20, 01:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I almost installed that, but I was concerned about the amount of baggage that was coming along with it.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 20, 03:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gus, I have the DMA clothes-buyer too - without the  "baggage" added.

Just unzip the pack on your desktop, open it, search for the Outfit Changer, copy and past it in your downloads folder. You can find it in miscellaneous/miscellaneous section, and as Angelyne  said, it looks like a red alarm. Then you can delete all the rest DMA folder.

Edit: Sorry Angelyne, need another pair of glasses, thinking it was Cheriem...Smiley.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 20, 07:14:40 by gali » Logged
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 20, 04:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Gali lol, not me Angelyne.  I suggested the Simlogical bush or the puppy killer.   Cheesy

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 20, 16:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know you spend too much there here when all the names start blending together Smiley
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 20, 19:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put in a 'casual NPCs' hack and made a couple of the maids selectable to try to buy them clothes with J.M.'s clothing tool. I could buy the clothes okay, but when it came to putting them on, there was nothing there. When it got to the Change Appearance part, I could do that okay, too, but the maids were apparently naked when I was adjusting their hair and the like. In the end, they became totally invisible, which I kind of like Tongue They arrive, do their thing and apart from the occasional ghostly plate flying around, I hardly notice them. Kinda nice, though I wouldn't cry if I could fix them, either...
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 20, 22:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that making the maids (or any NPC) selectable isn't enough to change their clothing.  However, using the DM hack, you can select an NPC and change their clothes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: