More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 17:09:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mail glitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mail glitch  (Read 5833 times)
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Mail glitch
« on: 2006 January 29, 21:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just happened to me in the Pleasant house I was playing today: Mail arrives, but when I tell any of the sims to go get the mail, they will walk to the mailbox, but then don't take the mail, and the action falls off their queue. I don't remember adding any new hacks recently. Any idea what could cause this? I have both expansion packs, and do not have the pay at box hack that I know to be incompatible with NL.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Mail glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 29, 21:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps an invisible stuck object is blocking the way. Try dropping some stuck object removers in front of the box and see what dies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 29, 22:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was quite interesting. I had to drop it on top of the mailbox before it found anything, and then I got a message "*Emitter - vampire in sunlight burninated" WTF?

The problem is that the mailbox itself gets deleted in the process. I did not save the game yet after the burnination because I wasn't sure about losing the box. Is there a safe way of replacing it?

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 29, 22:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carrigon at VS has a collection that includes the residential mailbox and trash can. I've used them to convert community lots to residential lots.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 29, 22:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also just now found a buyable mailbox replacement at Sim a Little Dream a Lot http://daydream.etowns.net/. I think I have the courage the wipe out the mailbox now  Cheesy.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 29, 22:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also just now found a buyable mailbox replacement at Sim a Little Dream a Lot http://daydream.etowns.net/. I think I have the courage the wipe out the mailbox now  Cheesy.

That one works fine.  Just remember that you have to use move_objects on to place it on the lot.

Karen
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 29, 22:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That one works fine.  Just remember that you have to use move_objects on to place it on the lot.

Karen

Thanks  Smiley

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 30, 02:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the message on the "Sim a Little Dream a Lot" site gave me a laugh

Support sites that own legal games & use the exchange to host some files!  Be suspicious of anyone who claims the exchange is evil or refuses to use it.  Why would anyone host a lot file on their own site? They could prove their legal game status on the exchange as well, but choose not to?  Ask yourself WHY?

I'd be more likely to ask why anyone would want to upload anything to the exchange  Roll Eyes  according to that site everyone who hates the exchange has illegal copies of the game  Shocked

edit - their "Lot Setup Collection" is Carrigons
« Last Edit: 2006 January 30, 02:39:10 by Sleepycat » Logged
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 30, 03:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the exchange because it's the ultimate way to download crap you don't want, and because it's full of copyrighted material with no credit to the actual creator.
I hate the exchange because I'm fanatical about copyright.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 30, 05:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I finally figured out I could delete the stuck "emitter" even without deleting the mailbox (by moving the mailbox away before using the stuck object remover), but the problem wasn't solved, the sims still won't take the mail out of the box.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 30, 05:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Burninate the mailbox and get a new one.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 30, 06:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might have the same problem I ran into, invalid mail in the box. I kept getting the error when the mailman tried to deliver the invalid mail, but it could be the same thing. I've added a fix to the college adjuster. I'll upload it now so you can try it. If you don't get the option to cleanup invalid mail, then you have a different problem.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 30, 06:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Burninate the mailbox and get a new one.

I tried that, too, but they wouldn't get the mail out of the new mailbox, either.

You might have the same problem I ran into, invalid mail in the box. I kept getting the error when the mailman tried to deliver the invalid mail, but it could be the same thing. I've added a fix to the college adjuster. I'll upload it now so you can try it. If you don't get the option to cleanup invalid mail, then you have a different problem.

Thanks, I'll try that Smiley

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 31, 09:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, the college adjuster wouldn't fix it, either (no option to delete invalid mail).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 31, 10:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried burninating everything around the mailbox as well?

BURNINATE THE COUNTRYSIDE! BURNINATE THE PEASANTS! BURNINATE ALL THE PEOPLE, AND THEIR THATCHED-ROOF COTTAGES!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 31, 10:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I burninated the mailbox tile and every surrounding tile (so about 9 tiles total, I think). The sims can walk right up to the mailbox, and sometimes they even open it, but they take no mail, and then they just stand there and getting the mail drops out of their queue. I know there is supposed to be mail, because it's Tuesday on the lot, and I saw the mail being delivered, and the mailbox is clickable.

The only specific thing I remember is that before the mail was last delivered, there were some unpaid bills (hidden on an end table on the backyard where I finally noticed them when I got the notification about unpaid bills). One of the sims paid the bills, which were by then red.

I may have to soon burninate the whole damn lot if I can't fix this. But I think I'm just going to play a couple more sim days and see what happens when the mail gets delivered on Thursday.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 31, 10:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you had Macros installed, you'd definitely notice unpaid bills faster, seeing as the glaring line of "PAY BILLS" will appear the moment bills exist to be paid. Is that option present? Perhaps the bills in your mailbox exploded already.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: