More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 00:41:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  VPU Recover
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: VPU Recover  (Read 3049 times)
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
VPU Recover
« on: 2006 January 16, 23:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lately, for no apparent reason, my sim game keeps kind of resetting/refreshing. It puts me back to a different window while it flashes a few time. Then I get a message about VPU Recover. It says: VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphic driver commands.

Usually I just ignore it, but it's done it ELEVEN TIMES IN A ROW now and it's annoying the heck out of me. What is this message referring to, exactly? How do I go about fixing it?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: VPU Recover
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 16, 23:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What it means is something about the graphics driver went tits up and the VPU recover reset it, rather than things locking up or crashing. How to fix it, I am pretty sure you can set it through graphics properties (right click the desktop, properties, settings, advanced, VPU recover tab - at least, it's there for ATI). I'm not entirely certain if this will then mean you'll start getting crashes instead or if everything will run along smoothly... May want someone with more exact advice to come along.

It wouldn't hurt to know what graphics card and what driver version you're running, though.

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 16, 23:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running a Radeon 9250, version 6.14.0010.6476.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 17, 00:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the 9200 and have the same problem on and off. Had some difficulty getting the damn card to work (some issue with the driver installation cd) in the first place. I thought getting the message was better than looking at a blank screen that won't recover then having to alt-tab/use windows key to get back to the desktop so that I can force quit and re-start the game to continue playing Undecided.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: