More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 02:24:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  NL Installation Advice Needed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NL Installation Advice Needed  (Read 3557 times)
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
NL Installation Advice Needed
« on: 2005 December 16, 23:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need some advice before installing NL.  I've been playing Uni (unpatched) for quite a while, with many hacks from Pescado and Twojeffs, and have had very few problems.  I'd like to be problem-free with NL also, and I wonder what the correct patch/installation procedure is. 

Do I need to install the EA patch for Uni, then install NL, then the NL patch?  Or is the Uni patch redundant?

Looking forward to Christmas, when I finally get NL!

breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: NL Installation Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 16, 23:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Uni patch is redundant.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 17, 21:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, I'd suggest you explicitly don't install the Uni patch, because it's just the same code as the NL patch with a few bits disabled, and running both patches together might well break something  Roll Eyes.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 17, 21:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed NL last night. I already had the uni patch installed, and I had no problems. But once you install NL if you already had the uni patch, you don't need to install the NL patch. It won't let you, anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

The thing that was difficult for me wasn't figuring out the patches, it was spending four hours this morning tracking down and updating all my hacks/mods so I can actually stand to play the game!

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 20, 23:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, everyone, for the advice.  I will follow it slavishly.

I'm actually glad I waited to get NL.  Now I can benefit from the experiences of all you MATYers who have discovered the traps and pitfalls, and have tried out the indispensible hacks residing here, in the best of all possible Sim-worlds.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 21, 22:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Waiting is definitely worth it. Definitely. Because then you know about the little "surprises" in the game. Like how it explodes when Mrs. Crumplebottom gets vampirified.

Also, something I've been wondering about. I took out my hacks and downloads folder when I installed NL, on reputable advice. Hypothetically speaking, if one has only NL compliant content installed, is it okay to leave the downloads folder in, or is there some inherent value to having a clean download folder on install of an EP?
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 21, 22:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My understanding is that it might damage something in your Downloads or in you game if you don't pull it when you install/reinstall.  I could be wrong though.  I've been know to be.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 22, 21:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My understanding is that it might damage something in your Downloads or in you game if you don't pull it when you install/reinstall.  I could be wrong though.  I've been know to be.
I patche NL with all my downloads and hacks left in with NL patch only as the Uni Patch is incorporated into the NL Patch so you dont need to patch twice. form exprerience  its better to patch the game with the DL Folder including hacks left in and before you populate the new hood if its custom with maxis hoods they patch fine with maxis sims and the DL folder left in.I dont remove anything before I patch after discovering the hard way and losing sims galore and a whole neighborhood by removing the DL Folder and neighborhood file prior to patching. now I patch with the game just the way it will be when I play.......

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: