More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 09:46:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stop autonomous 'Do Assignment' at parties
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stop autonomous 'Do Assignment' at parties  (Read 3417 times)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Stop autonomous 'Do Assignment' at parties
« on: 2005 November 24, 19:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parties are meant for having fun, catching up with friends and just generally trying to have a good time, not whipping out assignments after assignments to do then leaving before the party is over because the fun bar has bottomed out from all that non-party activity.

I usually have 6 sims in one household, inviting 6-12 guests when I satisfy their wants to throw parties, then using a combination of autosoc and manual queuing up of social interactions, the parties are usually a blast. Still, it would be nice not having to monitor what the guests are up to before the hosts can get to them. I'd rather the guests poke/slap/insult/annoy their fellow guests when they are not interacting with sims they do like and are friends with, than try to do assignments (which is especially pointless with a full academic bar) then getting shoo-ed from their precious school work.

It's not high priority stuff, but I would love a mod that stops the annoying behaviour of YAs autonomously doing assignments at parties....
« Last Edit: 2005 December 16, 12:45:24 by CuriousSpurious » Logged
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Request: Stop autonomous 'Do Assignment' at parties
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 16, 12:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I'd share with others here who find themselves hurling abuse at the screen over the endless loop of shoo-ing YAs from their assignments during a party that something similar (and even better than my initial request) is available at MTS2 Smiley.

P.S. Thanks syberspunk!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Stop autonomous 'Do Assignment' at parties
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 16, 22:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a great idea, but I'd also like to see two additional options.  Firstly, no doing assignments in bathrooms, and secondly, no doing assignments at dining tables for non-resident sims.

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 16, 22:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a great idea, but I'd also like to see two additional options.  Firstly, no doing assignments in bathrooms, and secondly, no doing assignments at dining tables for non-resident sims.

Ok, I'll take a look at the bathroom thingie. I forgot about that. How uber annoying is that? lol. It will take a bit of searching and what not, but should be doable. I'll try and tinker with it, maybe this weekend. Smiley

And for the 2nd thing, non-resident sims (if you mean sims that don't actually live in the dorm), I've completely disabled that. This way, they won't even start it and therefore they can't leave their homework behind. But I believe it has been pointed out that the new patch makes visitor homework evaporate.

Ste

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 17, 00:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind visitors doing homework, which as you say, evaporates if they leave it behind.  It just annoys me when I have just told one of my resident sims to serve a meal, and some visitor just decides to stick their homework on the only available table.  Doesn't matter in dorms, but I tend to use houses more.  I only really use dorms for times when I have no empty houses cheap enough, or when I want a sim to go to college and I want the goodbye Dad/Mum scene to play!  But when my sims are allowed parties, it's when they have their own home.

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 17, 05:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind visitors doing homework, which as you say, evaporates if they leave it behind.  It just annoys me when I have just told one of my resident sims to serve a meal, and some visitor just decides to stick their homework on the only available table.  Doesn't matter in dorms, but I tend to use houses more.  I only really use dorms for times when I have no empty houses cheap enough, or when I want a sim to go to college and I want the goodbye Dad/Mum scene to play!  But when my sims are allowed parties, it's when they have their own home.

Ahh... I see. Well, if you use my mod, (and I forgot to mention this in the first post and the README), visitors pretty much won't be able to do assignments on any other lot except for Community Lots. I did that because Community Lots don't really save (unless you actually enable the UI tools and save it) so the homework will disappear upon reload. I just didn't want any kind of useless clutter from visitors who may never be invited over again. Like, if I greeted a stranger "off the street" just so I could interact with them. But then decide that I never want to see that sim again (especially if I find out that they don't get along very well with the sims that live on that lot). Then I wouldn't want them to start their stupid homeworks and clutter up my lot. Of course, I started modding this before finding out that visitor homeworks disappear anyways.

If I feel up to it... I could look into making it a bit more complex as far as this goes. What I could do, is for visitors on non Dorm or non Community lots, put a search for assignments that belong to sims who live on that lot and check if they are "In Use" which would indicate that a sim who lives on that lot is doing assignment. Only in this case, would visitor sims be allowed to do assignment, because it could mean that they have been invited over for a "study date" or something like that.

As for preventing the use of tables, that may be a bit more complicated for me. I'll have to take a look into that as well.

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: