More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 09:48:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hacks for preventing people from following your sims home?
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hacks for preventing people from following your sims home?  (Read 20468 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Hacks for preventing people from following your sims home?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 07, 17:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insists on waking herself up to be held.  Then obsessively cleaning the toilet (at least they seem to in my game).

Mine swims in the pool a lot. Or put something in the oven to be cooked then wander off to do something else.

See, I've never had a nanny wet herself or cause any sort of fire.  Mostly they annoy the kid, and clean.  I've been really lucky although, after the first time of the nanny not showing up, I simply "hire for now" as opposed to tracking a schedule.  Also, I tip them §100 immediately on arrival.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 07, 17:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a bit excessive seeing they already charge double what the poor maid earns - not to mention the gardener!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 07, 18:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but I've never had a fire, have I?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 07, 18:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose it's worth it then! Grin  As long as your nanny doesn't leave puddles on the floor and annoy the maid so you get the furious maid and the slowdown bug!  I wondered why in my new hood the maid was furious with Don, until the same thing happened with Mitch Indie flooding the bathroom and the maid (Hailey McCullough) came back that night and sttod at the protal and thegame started to crawl!  Now I know why.  Funny, though, it doesn't bother the other maids, and after all, the more they have to clean, the more they earn, right!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 07, 18:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you can't end the date, very annoying. You can end the group, but only after the outing.

To my knowledge you can end a date at any time you wish just by clicking on the date and select "end date".  I did that a few times after I reach the "dream date" level and did not wanted to wait until the date finish since it kept adding hours.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 07, 18:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've done that too, but maybe only if you've reached dream date?  I dunno, I don't do dates very often.

That slow dancing is sooo boring!   And what really gets up my nose is the way you can't just queue them to do something else, you have to click it off and then wait five minutes RT before they stop and do what you've set them to do next!  Now, there's an idea for a hack!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 07, 18:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only had the slowdown bug once, with a delivery person.  I had no idea what it was, all I knew was that I was getting delivery people showing up in the backyard of my Legacy lot, and just standing there.  It was uber-creepy to me, lol.  I reinstalled, and never got that problem again.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 07, 18:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this happens to me in a new install, with a new neighbourhood (custom) all original townies deleted, so the maids are all newly created by the game.  This maid seems fine until, as I say, she turns up on the lot at night.  She either just stands there, or goes and kicks the trashcan.  The other two maids are fine, so I might just turn this one into a baby and let the game generate another one.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 07, 18:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've done that too, but maybe only if you've reached dream date?  I dunno, I don't do dates very often.

That slow dancing is sooo boring!   And what really gets up my nose is the way you can't just queue them to do something else, you have to click it off and then wait five minutes RT before they stop and do what you've set them to do next!  Now, there's an idea for a hack!

No you can end a date at any time, I also did it with a date that was really going bad lol.  Did not use the slow dance option often yet but I do remember that it takes a long time to stop it.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 07, 18:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this happens to me in a new install, with a new neighbourhood (custom) all original townies deleted, so the maids are all newly created by the game.  This maid seems fine until, as I say, she turns up on the lot at night.  She either just stands there, or goes and kicks the trashcan.  The other two maids are fine, so I might just turn this one into a baby and let the game generate another one.

Is that maid furious with that family?  Because she is acting like furious Sims.  They come on the lot in hope to steal the newspaper but if it is gone they stand there a few minutes doing nothing or they just kick your trashcan.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 07, 18:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funnily ernough, she hardly knows them, only contact has been when one of them tipped her, and her relationship is 0/0 with them - and no furious sign above her head.  It's just something really wierd, but it only seems to happen on a lot with a sloppy sim who leaves puddles in the bathroom!  Mind you, I just think she doesn't like being a maid!  And who can blame her?

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 08, 02:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a puddle rage....
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 08, 11:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that too, so I made them clean up any puddles before she arrived, but it didn't stop it happening, and besides, she wasn't at all annoyed with them - when I checked in SimPE, although she knew Mitch (and I haven't a clue how!) she was 0/0 with him  What I did, though, was simply to uncheck the known sim boxes and delete the relationship, after going to the Neighbourhood Memory and getting rid of the relationship there first.  Since then, I haven't seen her on the lot except when she should be.  However, I think thre's something screwy about this whole custom hood, as when I first started to play, a dormie came past the Pleasant clones house and kicked over their trashcan at midnight!  Downtownies is one thing, they do wander around the main hood - but apart from at a community lot I've never seen a dormie in the main hood before!  (And this one doesn't kick trashcans at college!)

Zephyr Zodiac
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 08, 13:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you can't end the date, very annoying. You can end the group, but only after the outing.

IIRC, just select "Leave Group" and it will end.  You can also "End Date" at any time, for any reason.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 09, 02:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that too, so I made them clean up any puddles before she arrived, but it didn't stop it happening, and besides, she wasn't at all annoyed with them...

I always thought domestic helps aren't supposed to 'feel' anything in the first place while they are on the job, even if they know their employers; that instead of getting cross with the sim who made a puddle of water, they'll go about doing whatever they were supposed to do, even if they couldn't walk a tile without stepping in a puddle of water, get paid at the end of the day then get in their van and leave if they weren't invited to stay as a visitor. I suppose it's the same as if they caught their lover flirting/kissing/woohoo-ing with their spouse (think the Daniel, Mary-sue and Kaylynn love triangle) and they'll drop whatever they were doing to slap the living daylights out of the cheat. Well, if I remember correctly, that's what'll happen, yes? Been a long time since I played romance sims the way they'd like to be played Tongue. So maybe it's now possible with the new state of furiouness in NL that if the maid saw the puddle of water made by a sloppy sim in the shower before, and they knew that sloppy sim, they'll kind of get mad, but yet not really mad because they were supposed to be neutral while on the job, and it is their job to clean afterall. Boy, am I rambling. 'Tis probably rubbish I'm saying anyway Grin.

....when I checked in SimPE, although she knew Mitch (and I haven't a clue how!)....

I wonder about this too, 'cos I have a lot of this one-sided relationships as well. If these were sims who attended a birthday party of a baby sim, then ok, understandable. But I've got 2 sims who knew their driver - since when??? And it's not like the drivers could be made playable without any cheat/hacks/mods.

....a dormie came past the Pleasant clones house and kicked over their trashcan at midnight!  Downtownies is one thing, they do wander around the main hood - but apart from at a community lot I've never seen a dormie in the main hood before!  (And this one doesn't kick trashcans at college!)

I've actually seen a dormie in the mainhood on a few occasions. I thought maybe they've come to 'collect' a townie child brought home from school of whom I've forgotten about, but there wasn't one on the lot. *shrugs*
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 09, 06:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Dormies don't collect children.

2. The maids and Mitch knew EACH OTHER.  It wasn't a onesided relationship.  All I can think of to explain it is that he's walked onto another lot that I've been playing and spoken to the maid there.

3.  They all knew their drivers in the base game, but I have a feeling a lot of this was corrected with the patches.

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 09, 08:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Dormies don't collect children.

I realised that after posting Tongue, and that they are actually adults until they've shown up in a dorm and claimed a room, then they are flagged as young adults Grin.

3.  They all knew their drivers in the base game, but I have a feeling a lot of this was corrected with the patches.

I never knew that, 'cos they weren't in the phone books, and when they tagged along on rare occasions when a guest asked if they could bring a friend, I thought it was just some glitch since they couldn't be interacted with Undecided.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 09, 12:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They did appear in their list of friends, and i'm pretty sure in the phone books too, but it's a long time ago!  Not only that, but if you looke at their files in simPE (and you could have an awful lot of them) they would have a tremendous number of invisible memories.  I suppose when your on your way to work there's nothing much you can do but spread a bit of gossip.

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 09, 13:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not in my sims' phone books they didn't, that I'm pretty sure of, 'cos I remember feeling sorry for them that they are stuck as drivers forever. That was way back in the base game, long before I had Inge's teleporters (which is superior to the TOL&D in this case as it comes with an option to make them into townies). Hadn't tried to move one in with it, but I'm considering making use of these NPCs, just 'cos it seems unnatural for them to live forever even though it's just a game Grin.

Yeah, the invisble memories, all that A+, overachievers and promotions, it's one item on the to-do list while editing/deleting memories in SimPE.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 09, 13:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I think I have only two drivers in the game now, so it's not such  a problem. I can't understand why the drivers wouldn't appear in the phone book, any other NPC your sim has spoken to does  (both the maids that Mitch had a known sim relationship with were in his phone book.  When I unchecked the known sim and deleted the relationship, they then disappeared from the phone book.

Zephyr Zodiac
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 09, 13:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still only have the base game, and my drivers dont show up in the phonebook or friends list. I have a very shy teen knowledge sim with a job who only has 2 friends (like i said, shy) outside of his family. Neither of them are his work driver.

By friend i mean acquaintance/sim met in relationship panel.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 December 09, 13:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well, they must have made it so the drivers don't have phones.  Curiouser and curiouser!  I mean, you can phone a townie, you can chat on-line with a townie, you can email them.  Same applies to maids and other NPCs, so why is the driver different?  (Unless they didn't want us to find out how totally screwed up they were?)

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 December 09, 14:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well, they must have made it so the drivers don't have phones.  Curiouser and curiouser!  I mean, you can phone a townie, you can chat on-line with a townie, you can email them.  Same applies to maids and other NPCs, so why is the driver different?  (Unless they didn't want us to find out how totally screwed up they were?)

The drivers aren't supposed to be social. But then again, neither is the Social Worker, but ever since NL, not only are my sims meeting the SW, but they are able to call, invite, be friends with, and move her in. I'm still waiting for the big fireball, since it's not entirely clear whether this is supposed to be happening.

Fail.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 December 09, 14:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The drivers aren't supposed to be social, but they are - I mean, why else would they be in lists of known sims etc. and before the patch, if I remember correctly, we needed a hack to stop the game constantly generating new ones!

Sure you haven't accidentally acquired one of those Grim Reaper type hacks?  Or maybe the SW works differently if your sims adopt kids rather than have them taken away?  But what I'd do is to delete your groups.cache file and let the game generate a new one and see if it still happens.

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 December 09, 14:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The drivers aren't supposed to be social, but they are - I mean, why else would they be in lists of known sims etc. and before the patch, if I remember correctly, we needed a hack to stop the game constantly generating new ones!

Sure you haven't accidentally acquired one of those Grim Reaper type hacks?  Or maybe the SW works differently if your sims adopt kids rather than have them taken away?  But what I'd do is to delete your groups.cache file and let the game generate a new one and see if it still happens.

I ran into it the first time when I installed Sims 2+ Uni + NL on a brand new computer. Since then it's happened twice on my own computer, which admittedly does have just about every hack under the sun. Smiley

They meet her only when children are being taken away, not when adopting. I'm not sure if it happens all the time or not, since most of my sims lose children because they've left the lot or dropped dead, not because they neglected them... so there usually isn't anyone around to be lectured by the SW.

Fail.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: