More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 15:30:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Um, is this the bad thing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Um, is this the bad thing?  (Read 3137 times)
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Um, is this the bad thing?
« on: 2005 November 28, 01:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Errr...is this the chicken scratch/corrupted stuff I have heard about?  Shocked This Sim thinks there's something keeping him from making grilled cheese, but there is NOTHING in the way. No one has EVER played kicky bag on this lot, and I haven't been playing the lot forever either. I used JMP's debugger and it fixed an AWOL headmaster, odd as no headmaster has ever been here either. Also it cleared an off-world loiterer (I think that was the guy I'd just seen walking past, not some invisible NPC). I downloaded JMP's stuck object nuker, I'm going to try that next time I'm in the game (probably tomorrow night). But in the meantime...should I be worried about this? Will the stuck object nuker fix it?

BTW, my Sims like JMP, too Grin

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Um, is this the bad thing?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 28, 02:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Errr...is this the chicken scratch/corrupted stuff I have heard about?  Shocked This Sim thinks there's something keeping him from making grilled cheese, but there is NOTHING in the way. No one has EVER played kicky bag on this lot, and I haven't been playing the lot forever either.
It sounds like there's a stuck invisbile object. As an invisible object has no icon, it will produce chickenscratch when sims think about it.

I used JMP's debugger and it fixed an AWOL headmaster, odd as no headmaster has ever been here either.
The AWOL headmaster thing simply detonates the controller. Since the controller always respawns itself, and there's no way to tell whether the controller is corrupted or not, the option to detonate it will always be available regardless of whether or not your headmaster is currently on the lam. Detonating the headmaster controller is mostly harmless, unless you're doing it during a headmaster scenario. That would be bad.

Also it cleared an off-world loiterer (I think that was the guy I'd just seen walking past, not some invisible NPC). I downloaded JMP's stuck object nuker, I'm going to try that next time I'm in the game (probably tomorrow night). But in the meantime...should I be worried about this? Will the stuck object nuker fix it?
Probably. If you have correctly determined the blocked tile, the stuck object remover should detonate it. Let me know what objects blow up (other than "*Come and see", which always spawns when you drop down a new object - The notification about that one will probably be removed in the next version).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 28, 02:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhhhh, thanks JM. I feel much calmer now, thank you  Kiss I'll give this a try and report back. It's got to be in that little corner there, probably in front of the stove, so it shouldn't take long to burninate.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 30, 04:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally reporting back as promised. The stove blew up, or rather appeared to be have been vaporized Shocked I bought them a new one and the cheese was grilled and peace again came to the land. Thanks JM  Smiley

Jen

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 01, 01:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me too. I had an invisible object stuck right in front of a wall. I used the burninator and it not only vaporized the object, but also the painting right above it. Since I was just happy to have the stuck whatever gone, I just shrugged of the painting (it was a cheap one anyway Grin), but does that mean that the painting was guilty in harbouring something evil? It was just innocently hanging on the wall, and it was put there normally (without moveobjects on or any other somesuch cheat that could have caused it to be odd).

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: