More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 18:58:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Game Launcher freezes when installing/Game CTD after intro
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game Launcher freezes when installing/Game CTD after intro  (Read 7287 times)
Auddie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Game Launcher freezes when installing/Game CTD after intro
« on: 2009 December 04, 01:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I don't have WA installed and don't plan on getting it anytime soon. I have game version 1.3.24, and have not updated/attempted to update since then. I haven't experienced any major problems because of this, and frankly I couldn't be bothered to patch when Awesome mod assuages any major problems, for me.

Recently, my game launcher stopped working. I only use it when I'm forced to download a Sims3Pack, and I've never had a problem of it completely freezing and the installation terminating until now. The small screen for the installation progress pops up, but just stays black and freezes before the download even starts.

Secondly, the game simply won't load. I tried loading from both the .exe and the launcher, and I cleared my cache files. It loads until the intro, then crashed straight to the desktop. I took out my entire mods folder, but to no avail. I think took out the past few downloads I downloaded since my last gameplay, and that also did not work.

I'm kind of lost here, any help will do. Than you.

Edit: I downloaded the most recent awesomemod a few days before this happening because the game reminded my current version would was outdated/
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: Game Launcher freezes when installing/Game CTD after intro
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 04, 01:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, your first problem is that AwesomeMod is incompatible with the version of the game you are playing.  In order to use AwesomeMod, you must patch your game up to the current level (1.7.9, I believe).

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Auddie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 04, 01:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't think that's true. Seeing as how I said I've used it fine, through all of it's updates up until now, I don't think it's incompatible.

I just retried loading the game only with a slightly older version of awesomemod and it loaded. I do get the flagrant system error though, and I know that's obviously because it's expired. I'm concluding that this awesomemod update might not be compatible without WA? I figured that in the first place, since it was added to be compatible with that game, but I had to update it because my old awesomemod was going to expire.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 04, 01:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I don't have WA installed and don't plan on getting it anytime soon. I have game version 1.3.24, and have not updated/attempted to update since then. I haven't experienced any major problems because of this, and frankly I couldn't be bothered to patch when Awesome mod assuages any major problems, for me.

[snip]

Edit: I downloaded the most recent awesomemod a few days before this happening because the game reminded my current version would was outdated/

OFFICIAL 1.7.9/WA UPDATE
Now for WA and all that other crap.
Fixed EA Bug: Using Mirror/Dresser/CAS should no longer reset a sim's age.
Mac version files now recognized.
Experimental CustomBooksXX support added as in this thread.
Fixed more issues with 0100 EAstory crashes
Assorted Shiny Tweaks
Fixed EA Bug/Feature where setting the lot type would destroy the lot's name and description.
Fixed apparently EA issue with career outfits potentially going missing
Droptrait will now correctly drop reward traits and refund the Asp used to purchase them.
Placing lights in buy/build mode now causes them to inherit the settings of the most similar light, so that you don't need to constantly set them everytime you add/replace a light.
BedSleep timer now gives a more accurate prediction that takes into account traits and bed quality, and fixes an EA floating-point rounding glitch.

Quoted for the obvious, your game versions don't match. When updating AM, you must at least read the last post in the thread to see what Pescado has worked on. Still I don't see how you used the last version of AM, it was only for patched games 1.4.

As for your launcher, it will not work til you update to the latest patch.  Sorry, you will need to update to use the shiney toys!

EDIT: You don't need WA, just updated base game to 1.7.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Auddie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 04, 01:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm now realizing that. I guess it sort of slipped my mind because I've updated awesomemod, as it's been updated to work for different patches, WITHOUT having those patches installed for my game, and it's always worked fine. I suppose this will now force me to update my game, though I can only imagine the world of hell that will be released from doing so. Thanks, though!
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 04, 02:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not too terrible. Just make sure to go through your CC and any other mods to make sure they're compatible with 1.7 and read through the 90% of Sunset Valley is Gone thread to avoid blue lot syndrome.
Auddie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 04, 03:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Tever.AM now works and the my last save loaded after about ten grueling minutes. However, I now have a new problem. Much of my CC, particularly makeup(lipgloss) and Delphy's body mods do not work. I went through the motions of 'How to install the framework...'
Now, I'm not surprised that Delphy's don't work, but I'm still unsure as to what to do about my makeup not appearing, and I'm not entirely understanding why it won't.

Edit: Also, when I move to install any new download's with Delphy's Helper Monkey, I get an 'Access to the path C/program files/electronic arts, etc.' is denied.

Edit, again: Updating the resource file also produces an error,saying that access is denied and to check the path. I'm on an admin account, too.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 04, 03:21:48 by Auddie » Logged
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 04, 05:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure why your stuff isn't showing up (ask about the monkey @ MTS) but I just wanted to add that, for me, in order to use the launcher to install content, I have to take AM out of my mods folder or it freezes as you described. I haven't tried to since installing WA so not sure if that's fixed, doesn't bother me really as I don't use that thing except for EA crap.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 04, 05:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always used the Launcher for EAxis stuff. I use 3booter and fpslimiter to start the game. I haven't had any problems with either the base game or WA.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 04, 05:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use to have problems with the launcher, danced by candelight, voodoo chants, sacrifices, etc.  Then realizing I had evil Vista as my OS, I needed to start all my programs with "run as administrator". Now I have no problems with downloading, seems to run faster and don't miss any files when downloading a batch of stuff.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 04, 05:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Also, when I move to install any new download's with Delphy's Helper Monkey, I get an 'Access to the path C/program files/electronic arts, etc.' is denied.

You'll have to ask Delphy for clarification, but I think that happens whenever you move your Mods folder, even when "moving" is defined as just uninstalling and then reinstalling to the same paths. You don't need it at all, though. All it does is set up the framework and move files into the appropriate folder; you can do all of that on your own as long as you know what goes where.

As for stuff not showing up, I'm not sure what's causing it exactly, but I'm having that trouble too. I guess it has something to do with the way they changed how content works.
Auddie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 04, 19:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, I see. These responses have been pretty helpful. I guess I really don't need Delphy's installer, though it did make things easier. I have Vista too, and have had confirm most actions before it would go through with them (Delphy's, for example), but it's never inhibited the installer from working. I'm just really ticked that I had to update my game when it was working fine otherwise.  I've never had to take AM out, too. The game starts fine with the launcher, but I cannot install anything with it any longer, and all of my Sims3pack CC appears to be gone. Well, atleast the makeup, as I saw.

Oh well, I'll keep searching for an answer.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: