More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 09:59:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  tombstones - can you take 'em with you?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: tombstones - can you take 'em with you?  (Read 3882 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
tombstones - can you take 'em with you?
« on: 2005 November 26, 04:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Between LizzLove's autonomous bed & my sim family matriarch's LTW of having 6 grandkids, I've come to the realization that the house my ever-growing Hatch family is living in won't be able to grow to meet their needs...especially if I ever want to graduate her other 2 kids from college & bring them home too! Sadly, I'll need to relocate the family to bigger digs (BTW, any advice on where to find really good HUGE - like 6BR & up - houses would be appreciated too!), but I don't want them to leave any family members behind, including ghosts. So the question is, Is there a foolproof way to take a tombstone along with the family to a new house? Thanks in advance...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: tombstones - can you take 'em with you?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 26, 06:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are rumors that putting tombstones in your inventory is bad.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 26, 06:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly, which is why I'm hunting for more definitive info from the lovely helpful people here  Grin

I'm thinking maybe I should move the tombstone to a public cemetary, then go there & use the "move home" option I've read about - after moving the family to their new house of course! Just not sure if the "move home" option will send it back to it's original location or the family's new digs. For the moment I'm keeping the family put in the old house until I find a solution...even though I'll have nowhere to let the 2 youngest kids sleep once they pass the toddler stage!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 26, 14:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried it, but I would imagine that "send home" would send the tombstones to the lot occupied by the person sending them (makes sense), which would be the new house if they'd moved.  Academic in my game anyway, I've got my old problem back in Pleasantview in that everytime I enter a lot with gravestones on it they disappear and half the ghosts lose their character data. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 26, 15:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sure that you can visit the public cemetary and put the tombstone/urn back into the sim's inventory by clicking on it. I have had tombstones in the inventory and then went to the lot, and placed the tombstone that way-no problems. I am quite sure it would work the opposite way. I have no graves in my nice new neighbourhood at the moment, otherwise I would test it for you.

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 26, 17:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma, when you moved the tombstone via inventory, was that to a community lot or to a residential lot?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 27, 13:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was to a community lot  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: