More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 00:36:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  oh goody, another glitch!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: oh goody, another glitch!  (Read 3090 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
oh goody, another glitch!
« on: 2005 November 24, 05:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just went to save my game after the birth of my family's 5th grandchild, only to discover that the Save, Quit and Neighborhood icons are greyed out & unclickable! Also tried pressing the Q key to see if that triggered the save dialog, but no luck. Any thoughts? I'd hate to lose all the progress the family's made since the last time I remembered to save, boo hoo, boo hoo. Thanks in advance...
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: oh goody, another glitch!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 24, 09:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think either the lot debugger or college adjuster has an option to re-enable the save mode etc.. but that's not going to help you at the moment.  I don't know if this will work or not but if you have Uni you could try using the enable build/buy mode cheat, or try changing the lot zoning to community and then back to residential *grasping at straws here*.   Try Force Error/reset on the baby or mother perhaps? (testingcheatsenabled true + shift click sim).
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 24, 12:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just went to save my game after the birth of my family's 5th grandchild, only to discover that the Save, Quit and Neighborhood icons are greyed out & unclickable! Also tried pressing the Q key to see if that triggered the save dialog, but no luck. Any thoughts? I'd hate to lose all the progress the family's made since the last time I remembered to save, boo hoo, boo hoo. Thanks in advance...
Did you name the Baby? sometime my game will glitch like that if I errantly forgot to name the baby.other times it wont

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 24, 13:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think either the lot debugger or college adjuster has an option to re-enable the save mode etc.. but that's not going to help you at the moment.  I don't know if this will work or not but if you have Uni you could try using the enable build/buy mode cheat, or try changing the lot zoning to community and then back to residential *grasping at straws here*.   Try Force Error/reset on the baby or mother perhaps? (testingcheatsenabled true + shift click sim).

I have had good luck with the Re-enable Controls option on the Lot Debugger, if you want to save before a birth but don't quite catch it before the save option is disabled.  If you do not have the Lot Debugger on this particular lot, and you have Uni, try "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false" to get the build/buy mode back so you can put one on the lot, then Re-enable Controls with the Lot Debugger.

Karen
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 25, 18:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I had named the new baby & was on the second day of his life already when I noticed the save issue. Then my family's Elder matriarch made a pass at her son-in-law on the autonomous bed & later got caught with him by her granddaughter (his daughter too), and her daughter, neither of which were pleased with that development. I figured I should just as well quit out without saving anyway & now the family is back to before the 4th grandchild is born, ah well. After quitting I also defragged the hard drive, but since there's about 65 GB free, I don't think lack of space was causing the issue. If it happens again I'll try the suggestions listed here. Just as a side note, I didn't lose the buy/build mode controls, just the save/quit/neighborhood ones, and is the Lot Debugger a Maxis item or one I'd have to download? Not that I really want it for regular gameplay, but when in desperate times...
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 25, 18:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...is the Lot Debugger a Maxis item or one I'd have to download? Not that I really want it for regular gameplay, but when in desperate times...

The lot debugger is made by Pescado, found here.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: