More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 22, 11:02:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?  (Read 43788 times)
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?
« Reply #75 on: 2005 August 15, 18:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the pipe should be more massive - it should have dual pipes, like all great machines.

How about a Diamond Plate texture - nice and shiny?

Here is a toilet image (Turbo Flush.doc) and three texture .png files.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 August 16, 02:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... Nearly without exception, it is a convex object.

Good heavens, yes!  Those inside corners and concave surfaces will never do!  Gotta keep the radar signature down!
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 August 16, 11:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the textures BaneChild - I'm using them. I'm not gonna make dual pipes - just a big fat one lol.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 August 16, 14:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, about this new JMP uber toilet: are we talking cowplant alternative? The flush of death? Swirly from hell?
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2005 August 16, 16:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It opens a wormhole to P3W-451 Smiley

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 August 16, 16:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

awesome...
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 August 16, 17:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the textures BaneChild - I'm using them. I'm not gonna make dual pipes - just a big fat one lol.

You're quite welcome.  I got those, BTW, at http://www.grsites.com/textures/ in case you want to see more, though oddly, they did not seem to have as many metal textures as you would think, being that metals are so popular.  They do ask that you give them credit by giving their URL in anything that is likely to be published.  I had to open those in a photo editor and resave them as .png files.  The images from that site are not all in the same file format.  I rather like the first texture, nice and substantial looking.

That's OK - One big pipe is what the man ordered - I only suggested the dual pipes, because I didn't think there was room for a Hemi. ~wink~  Although any heavy support equipment could be placed on the other side of the wall - with JM's 'Authorized Personnel Only'.

Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 August 16, 21:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It opens a wormhole to P3W-451 Smiley

ROFL!!!!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 August 16, 22:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Val, did you read about the other bathroom fixtures JM talked about? That would be something for the hardcore survivalists and those that believe in über-cleanliness. Clogged pores? Not with that shower, you are more liable to end up with no pores :D

That's funny Marvin, and frighteningly conceivable :D

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 August 17, 09:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah - I'm having enough trouble with this terlet, and I've got no idea for a shower...  Huh
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 August 17, 18:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well, the 600 Caliber Magnum Shower is considerably easier, since it's pretty, well, square.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 August 17, 22:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM,

Would it not have been easier to make the toilet from the tank turret in your private 'collection'?  I mean a turret is exactly what this is going to look like, except the barrel will be going up the wall.  That's really the look you were going for - Right?

On another note:
You mentioned that you know a few choice and very specific phrases in several languages.  It would be very clever to have a hack that would allow the Sims to yell these commands, chosen from a pie menu, at appropriate times - like during a burglary, adultery in progress, Nannies, etc.

If you think that's sounds too much like fun - well then just forget the whole darn thing!  I swear, in all the time I have known you, I have never asked you to do anything special, well...except insult me or someone else, and I never complain to you, well...except for the short ignore list.  Maybe there are a few other cases to cite, but I am still far behind so many others.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 August 18, 02:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I *really* want is a maid you call to do shift work in the evenings, to help out with big parties (like weddings) and getting caught up on sundry unnatural disasters; and then go home.

Have you tried ChristianLov's NPC? She cooks, cleans, repairs, pays bills, greets visitors, etc. She shows up at 4AM and leaves a little after midnight. Doesn't eat or sleep. When not busy, she stands in the kitchen, like the dorm cook does. It's on MTS2.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 August 18, 02:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I *really* want is a maid you call to do shift work in the evenings, to help out with big parties (like weddings) and getting caught up on sundry unnatural disasters; and then go home.

Have you tried ChristianLov's NPC? She cooks, cleans, repairs, pays bills, greets visitors, etc. She shows up at 4AM and leaves a little after midnight. Doesn't eat or sleep. When not busy, she stands in the kitchen, like the dorm cook does. It's on MTS2.

I love her. She also gardens, does homework...etc. And, like the dorm cook, you don't have to worry about groceries. So very convenient.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 August 18, 11:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have them in a folder on my desktop, but have been to chicken to put them in the game yet. I'm sort of very jumpy when it comes to NPC's, I guess I should get over it. I was sort of under the impression that this NPC moves in and stays at the house at all time. Well Reg, Kitiara, if you all say so, I shall try it out.

JM, as far as the shower goes, keep your super bathroom coming. I'm planning a home-made militay school for wayward sim-kids and teens. I'm going to stock up on Reg's bunkers and I'm going to see if I can get an Odyssey inspired JM alien/descendant for the supreme commander of said camp :D.
When you have fixed NL and converted the silly car into a great jeep, the camp should be complete.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 18, 11:43:38 by veilchen » Logged

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 August 18, 13:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you have fixed NL and converted the silly car into a great jeep, the camp should be complete.

FLAMETHROWERS!!.... don't forget the flamethrowers!!!!  Grin
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 August 20, 01:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have them in a folder on my desktop, but have been to chicken to put them in the game yet. I'm sort of very jumpy when it comes to NPC's, I guess I should get over it. I was sort of under the impression that this NPC moves in and stays at the house at all time. Well Reg, Kitiara, if you all say so, I shall try it out.

JM, as far as the shower goes, keep your super bathroom coming. I'm planning a home-made militay school for wayward sim-kids and teens. I'm going to stock up on Reg's bunkers and I'm going to see if I can get an Odyssey inspired JM alien/descendant for the supreme commander of said camp Cheesy.

There are NPCs that you can download that move in and require a bed etc. Christianlov's all-in-one NPC does not. There are two varieties. One, you buy a special stove and a NPC shows up around 4am and leaves around midnight, like the dorm cook. The other is a picture. She babysits and fights fires. She never leaves, but hangs around in front of her picture when not needed. Neither are selectable.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 August 20, 02:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.... of course this thread isn't about that anymore either.  Huh

Never fear Cyberus, something is in the works, I am sure.  Folks here are chatting and waiting for 'it' to appear or be announced, whatever that may be.

Incidentally, you know the fountains in Uni?  Well, I have seen everything from Plaza-style dancing waters to bird baths that use the fountain animations.  Currently, of course, these items are only available for those who have the EP.  Everytime I see a plumbing fixture go berzerk, I think what a waste of good animation.   

Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 August 20, 13:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.... of course this thread isn't about that anymore either.  Huh

Never fear Cyberus, something is in the works, I am sure.  Folks here are chatting and waiting for 'it' to appear or be announced, whatever that may be.

Incidentally, you know the fountains in Uni?  Well, I have seen everything from Plaza-style dancing waters to bird baths that use the fountain animations.  Currently, of course, these items are only available for those who have the EP.  Everytime I see a plumbing fixture go berzerk, I think what a waste of good animation.   

No Uni .. so I haven't a clue about the fountains.   

Morague kindly did a no clog mod but it doesn't work pre-uni  Sad
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 August 21, 03:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Uni .. so I haven't a clue about the fountains.   
Morague kindly did a no clog mod but it doesn't work pre-uni  Sad

I know, I have Uni but I have it installed on a different machine.  I have not played it in awhile.  I don't download anything anymore that can't be used by the base game, too.  Thankfully, many of the Artists still create things that can be used with or without, UniEP.

My point was that everyone uses the Uni fountain features as a mesh base and for it's animations - they are very useful, but we can't use them without Uni.  However, just the regular plumbing in TS2 base game, has great animations when it comes to spraying water everywhere.  That's why I said it seems like such a waste of good animation.  It's too bad they can't be put to much better use than the Maxis made indoor plumbing fixtures.  I can just picture where they would make great joke objects in the game.

Don't give up, we're all still waiting, too, just like you.

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 September 03, 04:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been working a new day job down in Houston so I've been pretty much out to touch these past two weeks.  Has there been any progress on the perfect potty?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 September 03, 05:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Person'd need to be perspacious to perceive the potential progress on the perfect potty.
('pologies)

Edit: Oops, tripped over own cleverness. S/B perspicacious.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 04, 07:56:59 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 September 03, 15:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Person'd need to be perspacious to perceive the potential progress on the perfect potty.
('pologies)

Darn.  I'll try rattling some cages while I'm home for the holiday weekend and see if someone will bite.

Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 September 04, 07:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe this thread is still on the first page.  Has the JMP turbo flush project been moved to a secret location in Casper, Wyoming?  Where did it go?

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 September 13, 18:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bump.

Database? Any progress?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: