More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 07:07:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  School Bus
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: School Bus  (Read 4956 times)
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
School Bus
« on: 2005 November 21, 19:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, here's a bug I've been noticing and its slowly driving me nuts....The school bus still comes even when the only school age child, or only child for that matter, owns a car! the sim takes the car, but the stupid bus always shows up, gets in the way of other carpools, etc....has someone seen a fix for this or noticed the same thing?Huh

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: School Bus
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 21, 19:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, here's a bug I've been noticing and its slowly driving me nuts....The school bus still comes even when the only school age child, or only child for that matter, owns a car! the sim takes the car, but the stupid bus always shows up, gets in the way of other carpools, etc....has someone seen a fix for this or noticed the same thing?Huh
noticed it and that appears to be normal

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 21, 20:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

noticed it also...  would be great if it were possible to fix it, but I suspect that may be rather difficult!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 21, 20:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, and it does get in the way of the carpools. But like Ness said, it seems to be a difficult problem to tackle.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 21, 20:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've noticed this and complained, too. I have 4 Hall of famers living together, one car. I can select the owner of the car and click on the car to "carpool to work with all eligible sims", but the stupid yellow sportscar still comes and honks it's horn in front of my house for an hour, oblivious to this. Very annoying.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 21, 23:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Half of the time I can't get them to carpool together and end-up with one going in the car and one in the carpool, or them both having to go at the same time in separate cars.  Seems that unless you time it exactly right, the option to get a lift vanishes.  It's a real pain.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 21, 23:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a pain. I rarely get them all in the car either. I'll have 3 go in the car, but the 4th is already in the yellow car. It would be nice if you could have some kind of a household "group" for the carpool option, instead of, or in addition to, assigning one owner to a car. Did that make sense? I'm on lots of cold medication.  Tongue
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 21, 23:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never been able to get it right for driving the kids to school.  The action always falls out of queue, and the schoolbus honks for a freakin' hour.  I just gave up, it's not worth it to me.  Undecided
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 21, 23:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wouldn't be nearly so bad without the incessant honking...but it would still be bad.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 22, 00:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wouldn't be nearly so bad without the incessant honking...but it would still be bad.
Justin and company all have the day off  god I hate the stupid work schedules when they are up in the high levels of a career. Justins sons are all at work as is Maria.I need Justin ,Jacob and Josh  to go to work so they can all hit perma plat.Jamie Just had 3 more  1 st Dates I let him get them to good then I end the date. I will be glad when he gets the 50th first date and goes perma plat then I can let him settle down. unfortunately  Jamie is not quite as adept at making friends as Jacob is .Jacob has 30 best friends. the honking drives me batty from the school bus  and the numerous carpools.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 22, 00:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I had Jamie switch to the Athletic career. So he can join the carpool. Now I have 5 Hall-of-Famers on that lot.
OT: What is a typical day at the office like for a "Hall of Famer", I wonder?  "Welp, gotta go...continue being famous! Don't want to waste those vacation days!". No, better yet, what is a day at the "office" like for a professional party guest? Who's your boss?
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 22, 00:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normal day at the office for a Hall of Famer:  1)  Show up to crowds of adoring fans
2)  Sign autograph
3)  Call banker
4)  Call agent
5)  Call Bookie
6)  Walk through a Children's Hosptial/Habitat For Humanity Site/Soup Kitchen/Elementary School.  Post with the down and out for pictures so everyone can report on what a stand up person you are.
7)  Call ghostwriter of your autobiogrophy
Cool  Go home

Normal day for Professional Party Guest
1)  Party!!!!
2)  Pass Out
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 22, 00:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the professional party guest have to listen to the boring whiners throwing the party who are paying him to be there?  how about holding the heads of the sims throwing up in the bushes? or checking what the teens are getting up to in the pool house?  or dancing with elderly ladies whose husbands won't or aren't there..... or calling? (Bingo, square dancing..)  or preventing damage to property from drunken louts?  or playing charades?  etc - sounds like an awful job to me!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 22, 00:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yeah, when you put it that way... Tongue
I like the Party Pass Out version better. lol
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »