More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 05:09:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Weird. My sim spazzes when his parents kiss.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird. My sim spazzes when his parents kiss.  (Read 11276 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Weird. My sim spazzes when his parents kiss.
« on: 2005 November 21, 05:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to playing the Lothario family today, after a bit of a hiatus, and Don and Dina were canoodling like they always used to do. Their son Derek goes to eat in the same room, and he springs up "Have a fit" in his queue. His relationship w/ both his parents plummet, and he goes from 100/100 to -20/96 w/ Don in a matter of seconds. This is majorly strange, b/c both Don and Dina are his biological parents, so he has absolutely NO cause to behave like this. Also, this has never happened b4. He's been behaving normally up to today. His sisters are unaffected, and the ol' lovebirds can still act affectionate in front of them. It's just Derek. Very strange.

So...does anyone know what might be going on? Bugging me majorly, b/c Don & Dina's family are very close, and I don't want them torn apart b/c of something completely stupid and utterly illogical.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Weird. My sim spazzes when his parents kiss.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 21, 05:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did either Don or Dina went to a downtown lot (or any community lot) on a date with another Sim and Derek was there?

Or did either one of them kissed or had any romantic actions done with another Sim while maybe Derek might have been on the community lot?

Did Don or Dina or both were unfaithful to each other and Derek would have heard about it through gossip?

There are the only reasons/things that come up to my mind right now.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 21, 05:37:18 by MissDoh » Logged
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 21, 05:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen with new sims for no apparent reason at all; they didn't even have any friends. It's really quite perplexing.

Instant gratification takes too long.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 21, 05:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original spaz reaction is simply a great mystery. The Romance Mod's jealousy-tweaks generally clear up the illogical behaviors sometimes seen, but it's sorta incomplete. If you just can't take it anymore, you can use the one in the test directory that's being worked on for NL. It's not quite complete yet, doesn't include checks for object-assisted behaviors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 21, 05:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had kids go crazy at seeing their parents act romantically when one of the parents was cheating with an in-law.  Since any romantic interaction of either parent or the in-law would be viewed as betraying a relative, the kids got upset no matter the marital state of any of the participants.

In my game, Paulie and Billy are brothers, and Billy is married to Ophelia, who got a bit frisky with Paulie one day when the two of them were home alone.  Because of this, none of them can have any romantic interactions in front of Ophelia's and Billy's children or Billy and Paulie's sister.  If Ophelia kisses Billy, her sister-in-law and children view her and Billy as betraying Paulie.  If she kisses Paulie, they view her as betraying Billy.  If they see Paulie kissing his wife, they view him as betraying Ophelia.  Incredibly, even Billy joins in on this one.

Paulie's wedding was quite a blast.
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 21, 05:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims, Visi Goth (sorry  Roll Eyes), gets the same odd action when his 1/2 brother Alexander interacts with Lucy Burb. There's no cheating going on and he is friends with the both of them. First he "approves", then he "has a fit". They are all living together at college and it is just weird.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 21, 06:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had kids go crazy at seeing their parents act romantically when one of the parents was cheating with an in-law.  Since any romantic interaction of either parent or the in-law would be viewed as betraying a relative, the kids got upset no matter the marital state of any of the participants.

In my game, Paulie and Billy are brothers, and Billy is married to Ophelia, who got a bit frisky with Paulie one day when the two of them were home alone.  Because of this, none of them can have any romantic interactions in front of Ophelia's and Billy's children or Billy and Paulie's sister.  If Ophelia kisses Billy, her sister-in-law and children view her and Billy as betraying Paulie.  If she kisses Paulie, they view her as betraying Billy.  If they see Paulie kissing his wife, they view him as betraying Ophelia.  Incredibly, even Billy joins in on this one.
My brain hurts now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 21, 06:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As well it should!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 21, 06:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original spaz reaction is simply a great mystery. The Romance Mod's jealousy-tweaks generally clear up the illogical behaviors sometimes seen, but it's sorta incomplete. If you just can't take it anymore, you can use the one in the test directory that's being worked on for NL. It's not quite complete yet, doesn't include checks for object-assisted behaviors.

Is it up now? OMG!!! The romance mod trumps the phone hack in my game. W/out it, I was forced to completely give up dating b/c of the utter lack of logic in Sims romance. Totally ridiculous. Will definitely test this one out.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 21, 06:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this the one in the moreawesomethanyou.zip file, because the one in Test is just a text file.  And what exactly are object-assisted behaviours?  Do you mean when they fall for someone because they bought them a coffee, that sort of thing?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 21, 08:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a new parameter in NL - never happened in TS2 or Uni.

Mortimer kissed Bella romantically, in front of Cassie and Alex, and I saw them with their faces down, and in the queue I saw - "embarrased".

Why embarrassed for god's  sake??? It's you mom and dad kissing - you should be happy to see that! Mortie is not kissing Dina or Nina to be embarrassed...Smiley.

From then on, I always waited to send them to sleep, and only then took care of the elders.

More than that - now I don't let any son/daughter, after graduation, to live with his parents. I move the elders to a smaller lot - but alone, not to be disturbed.

I think the programmers forgot to distinguish between non-parent and parent, and we get the same reaction for both.

It would be nice to have this parameter fixed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 21, 08:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Embarassed is the reaction of shy sims to strong romance behaviors. It is harmless and has no effect on relationships.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 21, 08:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's interesting to note that "Goose" doesn't cause all sims to drop what they are doing to be embarrassed.  It seems to only affect shy sims now.  I am glad because this was very annoying when all sims in a room dropped their queues just because someone goosed their spouse.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 21, 09:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Embarassed is the reaction of shy sims to strong romance behaviors. It is harmless and has no effect on relationships.

First, They didn't "make out", just kissed romantically, and that's not strong romantic behaviour...Smiley.

Second - I saw it at the Broke family too, when Skip kissed romantically Brandi, and Dustin and Beau were "embarrased" too. Dustin and Beau are extroverted kids.

When I played Uni only, I married General Grunt to a CAS sim (not Lyla). The man didn't stop to "squeeze" and "make out" with her autonomously - without any "embarrassed" reaction from Buck, who is shy too. On the contrary, Buck wanted to kiss his step mother too...Smiley, in the same situation (he was a child; after he grew up, he wanted to flirt with her, naturally, lol).

I am quite sure that in NL we shall have the same reaction, seeing romantic interaction, no matter if the kids are shy or not.

I am sure that the Don's kid is not shy, according to DNA of his father and mother. Don has 7 outgoing, and Dina - 8 outgoing. Genetically, the kid is not supposed to be shy.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 21, 14:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a new parameter in NL - never happened in TS2 or Uni.
I don't have NL yet and I got this same reaction for the first time from one of my sim kids just recently. I played a female  romance sim to the hilt and she woohoo'd with everybody and his brither, literally. !8 kids in one blended family and she woohoo'd with just about all of them. She hit her LTW, went platinum, settled down with one of the brothers and had a kid. They still share the lot with several of the brothers that my sim fornicated with. ( I like to put 2 or 3 families  on a lot) Every single time she flirts or kisses her husband the kid has a fit or cries, even though all the adults involved have made nice and restored their relationships with each other to 100.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 21, 14:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's interesting to note that "Goose" doesn't cause all sims to drop what they are doing to be embarrassed.  It seems to only affect shy sims now.  I am glad because this was very annoying when all sims in a room dropped their queues just because someone goosed their spouse.

Rainbow, I put up a whole slew of pics about goosing reactions on the ezboard forum this morning...coinkidink?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 21, 14:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole romantic greetings thing has always been odd to me anyhow. It completely ignores jealousy. A sim husband can greet his mistress with a romantic kiss in front of his wife and the wife won't give it a second thought.  Shocked

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 22, 09:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come the Awesome One answered Gali's question and not mine, when mine was before hers?  (Stomps feet, pouts and sulks in corner).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 22, 10:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, there, there Ancient - he will give you a cheese...Smiley.

Besides, my reply wasn't a question, but thesis - which JMP likes very much to refute...Smiley.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 22, 18:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come the Awesome One answered Gali's question and not mine, when mine was before hers?  (Stomps feet, pouts and sulks in corner).
I think the Awesome One has a sweet spot for little gali.  Cheesy
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 22, 19:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the kitten in a glass avatar. Gets me every time...
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 22, 19:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

His Awesomeness has a weakness? That doesn't seem like him...

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 22, 20:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

His Awesomeness has a weakness? That doesn't seem like him...

I think he's really softened since getting his own site. I remember him being much meaner back when he was on MTS2...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 22, 23:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because Gali has a cooler avatar than you.

I think he's really softened since getting his own site. I remember him being much meaner back when he was on MTS2...
It has to do with the fact that on other sites, my posts can be dramatically deleted by moderators for being excessively rude. Nobody does that here, so it just seems normal now. You're just being hardened by extended exposure. That, and people are getting more clever about not giving me an opportunity to heckle them.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 23, 10:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That, and people are getting more clever about not giving me an opportunity to heckle them.

I would love an elaboration on this!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: