More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 10:54:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bug report for bathroomusesyou & power idle
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bug report for bathroomusesyou & power idle  (Read 6652 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Bug report for bathroomusesyou & power idle
« on: 2005 November 20, 00:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi JM, I wanted to let you know of some problems I had with my hippies & the abovementioned hacks.

Posters have already said the toilet roll cannot be rotated. I had each roll on a toilet behind the cistern. Three outside loos, one space apart, each an enclosed two space room, each with a toilet roll. No settings had been changed on the rolls.

The three caravans also have a toilet roll in each bathroom.

I noticed a sim was stuck in one of the outside loos. His bathroomusesyou icon was flickering and would not be cancelled. He wouldn't leave the room. Eventually I had to delete the toilet roll, he still wouldn't move, I used moveobjects on.

I thought I'd try power idle on the hippies while I did chores this morning, another sim got stuck in one of the other two loos. This time the power idle and bathroomusesyou icons were flickering wildly, alternating rapidly and neither could be cancelled. Almost immediately the third loo trapped a sim too. These were all resident sims. Their needs were not critical. Once the toilet rolls were gone, I could cancel the power idle.

The toilet rolls in the caravans seem not to be calling sims. Again, they have the default settings. I can select 'use bathroom' on sim or on roll, but it doesn't appear to be appearing in sim queues autonomously.

Power idle does not appear to be persistant, I don't know how long it's supposed to last, I haven't used it for this long term purpose before. One or two of six sims lost PI almost immediately, two sim days later when I looked again, none of them were using PI.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Bug report for bathroomusesyou & power idle
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 20, 02:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the room not have any doors by which e could exit?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 20, 02:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Pescado: I remember you saying NL may have gotten not stealable mixed up with not rotatable. Would making the TP stealable fix the non-rotate issue? I really don't care if they steal it, it's not very expensive and anyhow the burglars tend to go for bigger ticket items.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 20, 02:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That bit was already removed, not sure if the fixed version is the current one on the site.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 20, 02:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, all loos had doors. The sims had previously used them without problems. Then, one after the other it is as if the toilet roll object became corrupt. I'll turn on debug mode and see if I can replicate the issue.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 20, 04:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I got a frozen sim again. No game error though. I scrolled through the recent stuff, the only thing I could see that might have been relevant was about the doors on the loo.

ERROR TSAudio: Object(Door - 1 Tile - Groovy - 0,0) Modifier(objectquality) Missing sound info table entry. Event(door_open)
.\source\TSAudioEventModifierPrimitives.cpp(921)
ERROR TSAudio: Object(Door - 1 Tile - Groovy - 0,0) Modifier(objectquality) Missing sound info table entry. Event(door_close)
.\source\TSAudioEventModifierPrimitives.cpp(921)
ERROR MaterialParser: Error whilst parsing material definition 'censormaterial':
packed:/sims.matShad(70): Missing vertex program
      in command 'end'
      in definition 'CensorCompositingMaterial', line 28
      in command 'create CensorCompositingMaterial()'
.\source\GZSceneGraphMaterialParser.cpp(5926)

But missing sound doesn't usually muck things up, I get many of these messages. I see a refernce to he censor, but that doesn't interfere with other loos. I've replaced the doors on the loos and we'll see how we go.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 20, 05:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK Replicated error with debug mode on.

replaced toilet doors with a plain wooden square arch.
sim stuck. No cancelling bathroomusesyou icon. All other commands vanish.
Turn on power idle
both icons go nuts again - hard to take pic as icons flickering
shift click on sim, force error - errorlog1
sim jumped back a little after reset
sim still stuck
deleted toilet roll
sim still stuck
shift click force error - errorlog2
sim now free to leave

[attachment deleted by admin]

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 20, 06:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another issue with bathroomusesyou that I've noticed since Nightlife:

If I have a pregnant Sim who gives birth in the bathroom, the baby will often be left on the bathroom floor afterwards.  When this happens in a bathroom with the bathroomusesyou object in it, no one can pick up the baby until I first move the toilet paper object out of the room.  The baby controller tries repeatedly to send a Sim into the bathroom to pick up the baby, and although they do go into the bathroom, they just stand there looking helplessly at the poor thing lying on the floor, then the "put in crib" action cancels out.  Same thing happens if I try to get a Sim to pick up the baby.  The moment I move the toilet paper object out of the bathroom where the baby is (even just by flipping it to the other side of the same wall), everything goes back to normal.  Is this something you can fix?

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 20, 07:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I have a pregnant Sim who gives birth in the bathroom, the baby will often be left on the bathroom floor afterwards.  When this happens in a bathroom with the bathroomusesyou object in it, no one can pick up the baby until I first move the toilet paper object out of the room.  The baby controller tries repeatedly to send a Sim into the bathroom to pick up the baby, and although they do go into the bathroom, they just stand there looking helplessly at the poor thing lying on the floor, then the "put in crib" action cancels out.  Same thing happens if I try to get a Sim to pick up the baby.  The moment I move the toilet paper object out of the bathroom where the baby is (even just by flipping it to the other side of the same wall), everything goes back to normal.  Is this something you can fix?
I suspect this is the anti-socializing-in-the-bathroom code, which attempts to kill any attempt to socialize in a bathroom and throw out all the offenders. I'll see if I can make it exempt babies.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 20, 08:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Power idle does not appear to be persistant, I don't know how long it's supposed to last, I haven't used it for this long term purpose before. One or two of six sims lost PI almost immediately, two sim days later when I looked again, none of them were using PI.
It'll die if something stomps it while it's in the sim's queue. If you use the Macro box, you can turn "Auto Power Idle" on, so when a sim is detected to be idling without PI due to stompage, it will be re-pushed.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 20, 11:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried PI from the box after posting earlier. It won't work at all. Nothing appears in the sims queue. I didn't have the sims set on PI when tried the auto PI.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 21, 22:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried PI from the box after posting earlier. It won't work at all. Nothing appears in the sims queue. I didn't have the sims set on PI when tried the auto PI.
Are you missing required equipment needed to sustain a sim's continuous operation? PI will give up if it can't find the right items, which could very well be the case with your unusual construction.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 21, 22:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem with custom toilets. The sim will enter the bathroom and just get a flickering "bathroom uses you" icon in the top right. Maybe he/she is using a custom toilet?

Instant gratification takes too long.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 21, 22:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that you can't put the toddler potty in the bathroom; the toddler gets kicked out immediately. (just to add to what I perceive as a little buggy but could be by design)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 22, 08:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The toilets are Maxis standard.
I can't find an rtfm for power idle.

I have; bathroomusesyou, sleepclock with bed for each sim, flamingos, books, chess, easels, mirrors, TVs for exercise and cooking, fridges & stoves. What else would power idle need?

PS Would having showers in the open air throw anything out?

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 22, 08:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The RTFM for PI is in the macrotastics zip if that helps.

EDIT: IRL? What's an IRL?
« Last Edit: 2005 November 22, 09:05:04 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 22, 09:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw yup, I did read the macrotastics one when I was looking, but it doesn't say anything specifically about power idle. I wasn't sure if I was missing any rtfms. Guess not. Sad

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: