More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 10:59:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims change clothes?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims change clothes?  (Read 6439 times)
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Sims change clothes?
« on: 2005 November 18, 13:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this should go here, or even if its possible, but a random thought that i had is that when sims change outfit (eg after shower) they should change into different clothes. Eg if they had 3 outfits in the dresser, the game should randomly choose one of those outfits. Maybe with an option to turn it off so they also dress the same.

Does anyone know if this can be done? Is anyone willing to take a shot at it, or point me in the direction of someone who would? Or as a last resort, teach me how to do things like this, so I can have a crack at it myself.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Sims change clothes?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 19:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yes, of course it should happen, but so should washing their clothes and ironing them!  I've never understood the lack of laundry facilities, nor Maxis questioning our reasons for wanting them.  I'd love to see a teenage Don Lothario with a floppy hairdo standing by the washer in just his undies, waiting for his Levis to dry ...

And yes, I have suddenly decided that I am going to somehow fit the teenage Don Lothario and his floppy hairdo into as many threads as I can.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 19:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was, actually, supposedly support for this: There were actually 3 "everyday" outfits, casual 1, 2, and 3....but for some reason, this feature was never actually used. As far as I'm concerned, it's just as well a sim wears the same thing every day. There's not really that much you can choose from within a given stylistic set, and what a sim wears effectively constitutes his uniform, his identity, the means by which you pick him out of a crowd when you're hovering the equivalent of 800 feet in the air.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 20, 23:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could keep a dresser/chest of drawers/wardrobe-thingy in your bathrooms? So that the sim can change into a different outfit after the shower? The lockers from
University don't take up much room, and maybe someone could clone & re-mesh them so they fit better with household furniture.

I know what you mean - it is weird to think of them getting out of their dirty clothes and then putting the same clothes on again Smiley.

Ancient Sim, I still boggle at people who want the sims to have to do laundry, though. Isn't it bad enough that we have to do it, without inflicting it on them? I'd love to be able to spin round and make my clothes magically clean Grin.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 22, 01:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could keep a dresser/chest of drawers/wardrobe-thingy in your bathrooms? So that the sim can change into a different outfit after the shower? The lockers from
University don't take up much room, and maybe someone could clone & re-mesh them so they fit better with household furniture.

Merola's single tile dressers rock.  I have them strewn about all of my houses.  They are functional as surfaces to place objects on as well. 
http://www.simchaotics.net/Files/MerolaSims2/EndTableDresserSet.htm

There are many more color options than show in the picture at that link.   There's also a pile of clothes option which you can place on surfaces.
http://www.simchaotics.net/Files/MerolaSims2/PileOfClothesDresser.htm

This has a negative environment score, I do believe, so I don't use the little pile.  (I also don't want to confuse it with JM's clothing tool, which looks exactly the same and is in every house).

Since Bathroom Uses You spits my Sims out of the bathroom immediately after taking a shower, I don't have the dressers in there...but my richer Sims who have lots of outfits change nearly daily, sometimes a couple times a day.  (What can I say, I played Barbies when I was a little girl.  Roll Eyes ) I have five or six end table dressers in every house...bedrooms, living rooms, even by the pool so we can change in a snap.

Ancient Sim, I still boggle at people who want the sims to have to do laundry, though. Isn't it bad enough that we have to do it, without inflicting it on them? I'd love to be able to spin round and make my clothes magically clean Grin.

There's nothing I wouldn't do for my Sims, including laundry.  My family, that's another story. Cheesy 

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 22, 01:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you mean do TO your sims. -  Well perhaps you don't, but some people enjoy making sims suffer.

I usually have wardrobes in the bathroom by the front door, so they can change out of PJs before greeting visitors. (my first romance sim had a bad experience once doing that)  The one tile dressers I got from somewhere were a pain - they still occupied the same space only invisibly - so you couldn't click on things behind them even though you could see them.  Thanks for the link to Merola's.  Cycling through clothes might by nice occasionally if you didn't have some awful things in there left over from uncle Kent and Great Uncle Billy......

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 22, 01:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a great clothes hook dresser at MTS2 by Targa

http://www5.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=93957
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 22, 01:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to see a teenage Don Lothario with a floppy hairdo standing by the washer in just his undies, waiting for his Levis to dry ...

And yes, I have suddenly decided that I am going to somehow fit the teenage Don Lothario and his floppy hairdo into as many threads as I can.

Ancient: Justin, Jericho, and I all feel seriously betrayed... Tongue
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 22, 02:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a great clothes hook dresser at MTS2 by Targa

http://www5.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=93957

Awesome!  That's perfect for some of my more casual houses where the end tables don't quite fit in.  

cwkeys wrote:

Don't you mean do TO your sims. -  Well perhaps you don't, but some people enjoy making sims suffer.

I don't run my Sims,  my Sims run me!  You want a sculpture costing more than $1500, okay, settle down, let me see how we can work this out for you.  Cheesy

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 22, 02:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to see a teenage Don Lothario with a floppy hairdo standing by the washer in just his undies, waiting for his Levis to dry ...

hmmm Id love to see all but one of my male adult sims standing in their Undies waiting for  their clothes to dry.I have to get Josh and Jacob out of their old  man undies first though. Josh did put on a show this morning at breakfast though he showed up at the table to have pancakes in the nude. Justin looked shocked and screamed.Maria also showed up in the nude I quickly hit the DMA Box and put undies on her.I didnt think to look at Josh til justin did his little shocked bit. Jamie has a thing for formal wear of late. he has been wearing his Tux for 2 sim days now I undress him thinking he will spin into every day no such luck after he admires his male anatomy he spins back into the tux Undecided

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 22, 02:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm Id love to see all but one of my male adult sims standing in their Undies waiting for  their clothes to dry.I have to get Josh and Jacob out of their old  man undies first though. Josh did put on a show this morning at breakfast though he showed up at the table to have pancakes in the nude. Justin looked shocked and screamed.Maria also showed up in the nude I quickly hit the DMA Box and put undies on her.I didnt think to look at Josh til justin did his little shocked bit. Jamie has a thing for formal wear of late. he has been wearing his Tux for 2 sim days now I undress him thinking he will spin into every day no such luck after he admires his male anatomy he spins back into the tux Undecided

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 22, 02:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about after he showers? Do you have a nudist hack installed?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 22, 02:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about after he showers? Do you have a nudist hack installed?
nope no nudist hack and Jamie spins into that dang tux no matter what I think Im going to have to redress him with the DMA Box.Josh and Maria came downstairs to eat after a woohoo session

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: