More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 14:58:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  uncancellable action leads to frozen sim...help!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: uncancellable action leads to frozen sim...help!  (Read 2981 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
uncancellable action leads to frozen sim...help!
« on: 2005 November 22, 20:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hoping for a little assistance from you fine folks today. I'm playing my CAS-founded family, and the eldest daughter, who moved home after college & has produced the family's first grandchild is now frozen in time! She answered a phone call & passed it off to her dad, then I clicked on her Answer icon to clear it & it refuses to drop out of her queue. No autonomous or directed actions succeed in clearing the crossed out Answer icon, so she's just stuck standing in the hall while her needs drop. I tried doing a search both here & on MTS2 for a fix for this kind of thing, but couldn't seem to find anything relevant. I've quit both to the neighborhood & the desktop, but upon re-entering the house she still remains frozen with that action in her queue. Any help is appreciated, I really would hate for this new mom to bite the dust just because she tried to answer the phone!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Ok, I turned moveobjects on & deleted the phone, which seemed to clear things up, but man, that freezing thing is annoying!
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
Re: uncancellable action leads to frozen sim...help!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 22, 20:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried deleting her with the move_objects on cheat?  Do this then save and exit to the neighbourhood.  When you re-enter the lot she'll be standing by the mailbox and will hopefully be playable again.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 22, 20:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you tried to reset the sim with through the testing cheats?  that usually works when things go nuts...  otherwise, I imagine moving them out and then back in would help - grab the stay thing shrub from simlogical to save refurnishing the house.

eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 22, 20:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I would have forced error and reset her, but I don't know if that's the preferable course of action.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
JavaChild
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 23, 03:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The phone is just evil... I am so NOT a phone person; not in my game, not in real life. I do not like the phone.

But I've had the exact same freezing you describe with the phone many times in my game. I've fumbled my way out of it this way or that but I'd be awfully curious as to the best way to fix it... Or even what's causing it to begin with.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 23, 04:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have freezings in one of my families - the Pleasants. Every now and then, no matter what they are doing, some of them freezes suddenly.

My solution is, "moveobjects on" - and first, only move them to another place. After half a minute, they begin to move again. Only when I see that it doesn't help, I delete the "freezer" from the house, save, and enter again, to find him near the mail box.

Mary-Sue and Daniel "freezed in the middle of an woohoo in tub. I just took them both out of the tub, and after that they acted normally.

As I said, it's the only family.

But, after I deleted many-many pre-dead sims and all the townie teens in Pleasantview (if they befriended my sim, he blocked his want panel with wish they'll come to college) - this freeze at the Pleasant's stopped.

My number of the sims was - 367. Now, when I create a new sim, or give a birth to a baby - the new ones get the user number of the deleted sims.

Perhaps the freeze is a sign of that "fiery ball" JMP is talking about?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: