More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 29, 05:32:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540282 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No LTW when growing to teen...anyone else seen this bug?
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No LTW when growing to teen...anyone else seen this bug?  (Read 4131 times)
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
No LTW when growing to teen...anyone else seen this bug?
« on: 2005 November 19, 06:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, a new nightlife "feature."  In a freshly installed game with NO hacks, my children, when transitioning to teens, got no LTW.  I had to use the renuyu whatsit to change aspirations, then change back to the one I wanted before they would show a LTW.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: No LTW when growing to teen...anyone else seen this bug?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 19, 06:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

apparently they don't get a LTW until they've satisfied at least one regular want.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 19, 06:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and then the ltw pops up? Will try that thanks Cheesy

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 19, 07:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  I haven't figured out whether this is a feature or a bug but it seems pretty weird to me.  They generally roll their LTW after a save, exit and re-enter the lot, so in case you happen to quit your game right after they transition, next time you go back it should be there.

I also noticed that it seems like as soon as children turn to teens they all roll the same exact set of wants BEFORE their aspiration is set, unlike with the base game where they didn't roll their wants until after you chose their aspiration.  Maybe this is just the way the programming had to be with the added turn-ons and turn-off.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 19, 07:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got to say I love the feature myself!

My teens don't all roll the same set of wants, so often I use them as a guide for which aspiration they should be placed into...  although, I've also been having a lot of fun assigning random aspirations with the college adjustor.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 19, 15:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happening while trying out the noagesimsthing. I was just experimenting with it, because it was something I hadn't tried before. The kid (Lucy Burb) turned into a teen alright, but without a teen LTW. She still had the kidthing hanging around, and I had to use Merola's painting to give her a LTW. By the way Lucy Burb turns into a great looking teen and YA. That was unexpected. I guess I'm so used to getting butt-ugly pre-mades, it actually surprised me that she turned out so gorgeous.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 19, 16:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happening while trying out the noagesimsthing. I was just experimenting with it, because it was something I hadn't tried before. The kid (Lucy Burb) turned into a teen alright, but without a teen LTW. She still had the kidthing hanging around, and I had to use Merola's painting to give her a LTW. By the way Lucy Burb turns into a great looking teen and YA. That was unexpected. I guess I'm so used to getting butt-ugly pre-mades, it actually surprised me that she turned out so gorgeous.
she does turn out gorgeous Ive had her in my game before as a teen and YA which is surprising because her Mom isnt all that  great looking shhh dont tell Brynne I said  That her Hunk Justin is married to Jennifer Burb Lips sealed
« Last Edit: 2005 November 19, 16:51:43 by Bangelnuts » Logged

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 19, 19:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had that happen a few times, actually. 

I saved and exited to the neighbourhood, and then went back in and the LTW was shown.  The first two Sims, however, re-rolled LTW's the next time I opened the game, and came up with completely different LTW's!

The third Sim has kept his original LTW, and his showed right away.  Funnily enough, this third Sim was after a fresh install, with no patch in the game...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 19, 19:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had that happen a few times, actually. 

I saved and exited to the neighbourhood, and then went back in and the LTW was shown.  The first two Sims, however, re-rolled LTW's the next time I opened the game, and came up with completely different LTW's!

The third Sim has kept his original LTW, and his showed right away.  Funnily enough, this third Sim was after a fresh install, with no patch in the game...
I ve had that happen as well and its interesting to see the new LTW

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 19, 20:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it sucks - my Romance Sim went from Woohoo with 20 different Sims to have 20 Simultaneous lovers.  As I had never gotten the Woohoo one, I wanted to keep it.  Plus, I like making the Romance Sim fight with her lovers later, and I can't do that if I want them to remain in love, lol.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 19, 21:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it sucks - my Romance Sim went from Woohoo with 20 different Sims to have 20 Simultaneous lovers.  As I had never gotten the Woohoo one, I wanted to keep it.  Plus, I like making the Romance Sim fight with her lovers later, and I can't do that if I want them to remain in love, lol.
all but one of My romance sims has career LTW's the lonedifference is woohoo with 20 different Sims that Bella Has

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: