More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 00:42:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Blue Screen of Death?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Blue Screen of Death?  (Read 4067 times)
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
Blue Screen of Death?
« on: 2005 November 18, 03:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the past few weeks I've been getting the infamous Blue Screen of Death whenever I play my Sims 2 game or any other game for that matter.  It usually occurs between the main loading screen and when I'm loading a family.  I know it's a driver error but I have attempted to reinstall whatever driver I can think of.  I even reinstalled the Sims 2 and all of its expansions and the following day I had TWO BSDs in a row.  Usually I have to manually turn the computer off in order to get out of the screen. 

I probably ought to take a pic of the BSD but...any ideas of what could be wrong? I may have to reinstall Windows XP or reformat my computer as a last resort, and I don't want to have to do that again.   Undecided

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Blue Screen of Death?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 03:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's a driver error but I have attempted to reinstall whatever driver I can think of.

Have you tried installing new drivers?
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 03:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to replace my graphics card to stop the blue.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 18, 03:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's a driver error but I have attempted to reinstall whatever driver I can think of.

Have you tried installing new drivers?

Ah I mistyped that.  I tried updating whatever driver I could think of.  Whoops.   Embarrassed

bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 18, 16:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you checked if your graphics card is compatible with the game?

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 18, 17:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started experiencing the BSD last year around this same time, I about went insane (it would shut down after many hours playing TS1, losing all my work). I spent a couple of hundred dollars having a tech "repair" it after I had spent countless hours researching the problem and trying to fix it myself. Turns out the "tech" only reinstalled windows and after about 5 wks I started getting the same exact problem (and no, they wouldn't waive the diagnostic fee to look at it again Angry). Anyway, I ended up just buying a new computer. Several months later I took the old computer to a different tech place, described the problem to them, they found it odd and took off the case.....where the discovered a wad of dust/dirt/hair trapped that was causing the computer to overheat, resulting in the BSD. Aaaargh!! It's been running fine ever since. So, I would check out the inside of your tower and see how clean/dirty it is and also the fan to make sure it is working properly.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 18, 22:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  The graphics card is compatible with the game...a Radeon 9600 I do believe.  I've had the base game for a year and the graphics card was in the computer before I installed the game.

2.  Hmm that could be a problem, dust...maybe that would also explain why my CD-RW does not open anymore... Grin

I attempted to play Nightlife today and there were no BSDs.  Maybe the computer didn't like the fact that I hadn't updated MS Office, I didn't have Outlook Express open directly to the inbox, or the fact that I didn't have the Volume Controll in the taskbar.   Roll Eyes

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 18, 23:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having that problem and it only happened when I was in the regular or college neighborhood screens.  I haven't been able to play in a while but I did have to take apart my computer to instal a PCI card and did some cleaning up in there.  I played for some time today and it seems to work ok now though it might be a hit and miss type of thing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: