More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 16:10:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Agesimscheat questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Agesimscheat questions  (Read 34169 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Agesimscheat questions
« on: 2005 November 11, 20:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not really play with that cheat yet but the only time I use it was to make an adult go back to teen age so it could go to University.

The odd thing I notice is that the days remaining before it age did not reset and I was wondering if this could actually cause problem to the Sim if I would change my mind and not send it to college, will it grow up after 15 days or not?

Let's say I make an adult Sim becom a child and it had 17 days left before it becomes an elder, would the child age after 8 days or not?  Would I need to manually age it to teen and if I do that, it will show that it have only 9 days left as a teen but it should be 15 so will it still take 15 days before it grow-up or not.

Same questions here if I make an elder turn into an adult, how does the game handle the remaining days?  Is it a must to use SimPe to alter the files or there is no need too?

Did any of you tested that cheat to the extreme?  So many questions..... but few answers.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Agesimscheat questions
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 11, 21:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you age an adult with 17 days back to a kid, it will be a kid with 17 days left. This will not affect the next lifestage however.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 11, 21:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so let see if I got this right, it won't transit to be a child until 17 days but after when it becomes a teen it will have the normal 15 days, is that correct?

How does it work for elder we change to adult since we cannot know how many remaining days they have?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 12, 07:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Humm can anyone answer my elder question, I know some did turn elder to adult so someone out there must know the answer to this one?  Undecided

Pretty please lol (Now I sound pathetic as usual I guess.  Tongue)
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 12, 08:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Missdoh

The only time I have made any changes to the ages of my simmies is with the Inseminator.    Whenever you change one age to another it sets it at the beginning of that particular age cycle.    I'm not sure, but I think the same thing happens when you use the in game cheats.    I know some people are using SimPe to make age changes also.   Unless you use  a hacked item to set the time at the specific days you want, it starts at the beginning of that age cycle.   Maybe someone else will answer with more information for you.

Marg 
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 12, 09:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think an easier way to fix the age would be to use Merola's Multipainting to add or subtract the days to where you want it.

Agesimscheat is a weird little cheat.  If you use it to age a child up to teen you don't get the prompt to choose their asperation.  I suppose that can be fixed with the Renu-yu Senso Orb though.

Its a fun cheat to use on the pre-made elders though.  I always thought Mortimer had brown hair judging by the color of hair his kids he had with Dina had.  Imagine my surprise when he popped up with blonde hair.   Shocked
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 12, 14:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the original Mortimer didn't!  He always reminded me of whatisname Addams!

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 12, 20:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gomez?   Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 12, 21:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the one!  I think it's the suit and the tache!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 12, 22:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think an easier way to fix the age would be to use Merola's Multipainting to add or subtract the days to where you want it.

Agesimscheat is a weird little cheat.  If you use it to age a child up to teen you don't get the prompt to choose their asperation.  I suppose that can be fixed with the Renu-yu Senso Orb though.

Its a fun cheat to use on the pre-made elders though.  I always thought Mortimer had brown hair judging by the color of hair his kids he had with Dina had.  Imagine my surprise when he popped up with blonde hair.   Shocked

Can I make an elder an adult with that painting?  Or is better to use the "agesimscheat" and then ajust the days with the painting?
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 12, 22:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the painting can make a sim age transition like that, so you're gonna have to use the cheat then fix the age with the painting.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 12, 22:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good, I will now go get that wonderful painting.  Thanks for the info Trepie  Smiley
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 12, 23:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What age cheat? What in the name of all that's sanity are you all talking about?

I just installed the game, and I am still learning, but I have never heard of an 'age cheat'. I know you can't mean the elixir, that doesn't transform elders into adults etc. I also highly doubt that it has to do with SimPe. My searches turned up nothing either, and my browser and the official sim site are not playing nicely at the moment...so have mercy and tell me what you mean with age cheat.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 12, 23:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What age cheat? What in the name of all that's sanity are you all talking about?

I just installed the game, and I am still learning, but I have never heard of an 'age cheat'. I know you can't mean the elixir, that doesn't transform elders into adults etc. I also highly doubt that it has to do with SimPe. My searches turned up nothing either, and my browser and the official sim site are not playing nicely at the moment...so have mercy and tell me what you mean with age cheat.

Use AgeSimsCheat On in your cheat box and then you can click on your sims and set them to any life stage you want.  (I don't remember if they can make themselves infants)  This cheat is new with Nightlife.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 13, 00:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the new cheats coming with NL (agesimscheat on) it permits you to select what age stage a Sim will be.  It is realy simple to use, once you type the cheat a new option on the Sim will appear which is "set sim age" you select it and you can make any from toddler to elder in a clic of a mouse.  The only problem you encounter will be the ones I mention when I started my post but thanks to Trepie I now have a way around it. So if you ever wonder what pre-made Maxis Sims (alive or dead that you ressurected) look like when they were adults you can found out by using this cheat.  Smiley

Here is a list of all the new chets you have in NL (this is taken form the readme.txt file from the Sims2Nigthlife/support/en-us folder)
New Cheats for The Sims 2 Nightlife:
------------------------------------
familyfunds NAME XXXX
Assigns money value to a family from the neighborhood level.

roofslopeangle [15-75]
Adjust angle of all roofs on the lot

showHeadlines [on/off]    (for all sims on lot)
Needed for moviemakers. Makes all thought balloons, speech balloons, and ++/-- type headlines hidden/visible.

unlockCareerRewards       (for selected sim)
For the currently selected Sim, they immediately gain access to all career reward objects in the catalog.

maxMotives                (for all sims on lot)
Maxes the motive bars of all Sims currently on the lot. (Controllable and uncontrollable).

motiveDecay [on/off]      (for all sims on lot)
Stops/Starts motive decay.

aspirationPoints num      (for selected sim)
Gives a big chunk of aspiration reward points to the currently selected Sim.

lockAspiration [on/off]   (for all sims on lot)
Stops aspiration decay/gain.

aspirationLevel [0-5]     (for selected sim)
Applies the chosen aspiration level to the currently selected Sim.

agesimscheat on/off
Enables aging cheat when shift clicking on other Sims

setLotLightingFile [filename]
Allows the player to create a new lighting file with specific lot lighting values.  Used to make special light settings per lot.

For the family fund cheat here is extra info:
- To make it work in University you must type the household name not the last name of the Sim in the household.
- You can use it in 3 different ways
a) Familyfunds Jones 30000  will change the amount of money they have to 30000$
b) Familyfunds Jones +30000 will add 30000$ to the amount of money they already have
c) Familyfunds Jones -30000$ will remove 30000$ from the amount of money they already have

The only problem that can occur is with family with the same lastname, I did not found a way yet to make them all use that cheat, the game keeps doing it for the same family even if you select it.

« Last Edit: 2005 November 13, 02:54:19 by Missdoh » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 13, 01:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose for that you could go into simPE and alter the spelling of the family name of the household.  For example, if you have three families called Smith, you could alter one of them to Smyth, but I don't actually know where you do this.  It isn't good enough to change the last name of the occupants, you could change that to Jones, but the game would still call it the Smith family!

Zephyr Zodiac
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 13, 03:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

agesimscheat on/off

Just wanted to mention that for some reason my game doesn't recognize that cheat unless it's typed as "AgeSimsCheat".  In other words, it's case sensitive.

Either that or I was screwing something else up while typing in the cheat, which is always a possibility.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 13, 03:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most cheats seem to be case sensitive.  I was able to type moveobjects off/on when I had just Uni, but since NL I've had to type Move_objects off/on.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 13, 03:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The good news is that the cheat "motherlode" still works.    So if you have two or more family's with the same surname you can always just do a "motherlode"     

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 13, 03:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still use that, or I kaching to get the amount I want.  I also use Pescado's send money mod to send money to other sims, especially kids at Uni.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 13, 08:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

agesimscheat on/off

Just wanted to mention that for some reason my game doesn't recognize that cheat unless it's typed as "AgeSimsCheat".  In other words, it's case sensitive.

Either that or I was screwing something else up while typing in the cheat, which is always a possibility.

That is odd, I don't need to type it that way in my game.... but it is good to point out that for some they will need to type it that way.  I sugget if people wonder they type "help" (without quotes) in the cheatbox to get the right speeling of the cheat if it does not seem to work at 1st.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 13, 14:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the spelling thing is related to which language you use - American or UK English?  They cheats may simply have been entered differently for each version.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 13, 16:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the spelling thing is related to which language you use - American or UK English?  They cheats may simply have been entered differently for each version.

I have the US version.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 13, 16:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there you have it, mine's the UK one!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 13, 16:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis like to complicate simple things, why in the hell did they made some cheats case sensitive in some versions and not in others?  Shocked  They keep surprising me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: