More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 07:34:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Inge's Age-Tweaker... Too Tweaked, Clanky! Too Tweaked!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Inge's Age-Tweaker... Too Tweaked, Clanky! Too Tweaked!  (Read 3775 times)
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
Inge's Age-Tweaker... Too Tweaked, Clanky! Too Tweaked!
« on: 2005 November 11, 15:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded Inge's age-tweaker, being as how my Sims' teenhood is just too long and their adulthood a bit too short.  Well, after looking at the file, I've determined that she's already been a-tweaking with the age groups.  As it is, with the exception of the teens and adults, I like the lifestages the way the are.  I know the Toddler stage is 4 days and the Adult stage is 28 days, but what are the rest of them exactly?  (Crazy as it seems, I don't remember right off hand.  Bad, ain't I?)

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Inge's Age-Tweaker... Too Tweaked, Clanky! Too Tweaked!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 11, 15:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure either, but if you have your game open, it's easy to look and see, and if not, you can use SimPE to find out.

Zephyr Zodiac
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 11, 15:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I don't have my game open.  I would've used SimPe to look, but I really don't have the first clue as to where to look.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 11, 15:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I should really have put up a version I hadn't been playing with, sorry about that.    Would it be easier if I just go and pull it out again and upload a virgin version?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 11, 15:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That'd be great!  Thanks!  Smiley

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 11, 15:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I should really have put up a version I hadn't been playing with, sorry about that.    Would it be easier if I just go and pull it out again and upload a virgin version?

Yes Inge, most definitely!  I have been unable to use this because I didn't know what had been altered and what hadn't!  I'd love to use it otherwise.  I did try to follow your instructions on how to access the original, but I just couldn't find it.

My current idea in my new neighbourhood has been to add 10 years to the adult lifespan and remove it from the elder (with some finer details added), but this would be much better.  I'd like to reduce the teens to 10 years maximum and add that 5 years to adult, plus removing 5 years minimum from elder and adding that to the adult, or possibly even 10 years.  What I don't like the idea of though is that if 10 years are added to adults, that would mean the game would let them continue to get pregnant up to being in their early 60s!  Is there any way to stop that, other than manually aborting the pregnancies if they occur?

Incidentally, what happens if the new parameters are introduced into an established neighbourhood?  Presumably those who had recently turned elder but would still be adults under the new system would stay elders?  That's easily remedied, I was just wondering whether it would cause the game to crash or anything, if something this fundamental was changed while some of the characters were at that stage in terns if their ages.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 11, 15:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, basically, all townies are at the beginning of a life-stage, so if you look up any of the townies for the age you want, you should see it under the heading Days Left.  But since my game is open, if you hang on a few minutes, I'll go back and check it for you, then post back.

It's 15 for teens and 9 for kids.

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 11, 15:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok the file is uploaded now.  Make sure you can see my red "updated" note against the upload first, so you don't end up with some old cached version.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 11, 16:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks muchly, Inge.  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: