More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 10:56:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Kid wants to talk to dog
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kid wants to talk to dog  (Read 7671 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Kid wants to talk to dog
« on: 2008 December 17, 18:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just had a Want roll up that has me a tetch worried: one of my sim kids wants to "Talk to" a dog she's befriended.

I've never seen this one before, and what with it being impossible and all, I'm worried I might have somehow brokened it. I've noticed no other glitches in this 'hood and haven't deleted any characters since the original templatey setup. Is this no big, or do I need to look into fireball insurance?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Kid wants to talk to dog
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 17, 18:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen it before too.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 17, 19:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How are these icons composed?  Are they a single image, or is the "talk" bubble imposed on a separate "dog" picture?  If it's all one pic, then there is an actual icon and something must be possible.  Have you clicked on it to find out whether it hints at how it is to be fulfilled?  (Probably just says the normal: "Your sim wants to talk to Fluffy.  Meet fluffy somewhere and use the talk menu" or some such, eh?)

Tribulatio proxima est
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 17, 19:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jolrei, I checked, and it's the boring "talk menu" advice (though it also suggests having some common interests to discuss - one assumes 'licking own crotch' and 'sniffing the butts of others' would figure heavily). Emma, glad to hear it's been seen before, at least.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 17, 22:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an artifact of peculiar SWAF seeding. It's not correct behavior, but it's not a neighborhood-threatening bug. I will look into quashing this in wfsanity.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 18, 05:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know it's not a 'hood-killer. Having seen my last 'hood go TU after just 2 generations for no good reason I could find (I swear, there's some secret, government conspiracy out to keep me from getting past 3 gens in a 'hood), I'm keeping a paranoid eye out for any hints of imminent fireballing.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 21, 22:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just got this in my game today, my sim wanted to flirt with and give backrubs to her new cat.

Good to know it's not nhood explody. wfsanity to squash it would be much appreciated.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 22, 12:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eep. Cat Lady needs a girlfriend, stat. Cheesy

After leaving the lot where the girl wanted to talk to a dog, a 6 at the next house I visited wanted to chat with a cat. The sudden appearance of two inappropriate wants (though not so inappropriate as wanting to mack on the family pet, hur) still has me on paranoid Splodie Alert, but I've updated wfsanity. Will report if there are any further problems in this area.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 22, 13:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just got this in my game today, my sim wanted to flirt with and give backrubs to her new cat.

And?  I give backrubs to my IRL kitteh all the time.  I find the thing to avoid is trying to brush the wife.

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 22, 14:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tarlia, is the cat actually called John? For some reason I find that really funny Cheesy

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 22, 14:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And?  I give backrubs to my IRL kitteh all the time.  I find the thing to avoid is trying to brush the wife.

You could always whip a little "Appreciate > Groom" on her.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 22, 16:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heheh, yeah. I think the "flirt" was a bigger problem, crazy cat lady indeed.

Tarlia, is the cat actually called John? For some reason I find that really funny Cheesy

He is, yes. The owners are old hippies, they also have a female cat called Yoko. Cheesy

I'll update wfsanity too and see if it goes away when I load the house again.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 22, 19:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, cool! John and Yoko. Now it makes sense Wink

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 22, 21:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, cool! John and Yoko. Now it makes sense Wink

Yeah, "John" isn't a very typical pet name, I guess. Cheesy

Edit: Well, the "backrub" want went away but my sim still wants to flirt with her cat. Maybe she's just... special.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 24, 08:15:35 by Tarlia » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: