More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 01:58:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  FFS lot debugger questions.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS lot debugger questions.  (Read 5926 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
FFS lot debugger questions.
« on: 2005 November 14, 00:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to post this here but in the post about that hack I did not found an answer to these questions:

What does these options do exactly and when do we need to use it:

- Fix AWOL headmaster
- Reenable controls
-Toggle lifetimewant bit

In total so far i've seen 6 options appearing when I clic on the debugger which are the 3 mentions above plus these 3:
- Rerandomize Sim generator
- Upgrade pre-Uni Sims (will using this make the new carreer available or it only make the Sims have 6 want slots?)
- Reroll lame LTW

Are there other options coming with it and if so do they only appear when something is wrong in our game.

I am really confuse on how to use this hack.

« Last Edit: 2005 November 14, 03:17:25 by Missdoh » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: FFS lot debugger questions.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 14, 03:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nobody can even give me a little bit of info about part of my questions....  Embarrassed
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 14, 03:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

fix AWOl headmaster is for when the headmaster dissapares on a lot and then can't be called again.
reenabled controls is for when the buy/build mode controls get stuck disabled.
toggle lifetime want bit sets whether the sim is premanatly platinum or not.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 14, 04:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Upgrade simmies to Uni sims
    Allows you to reroll LTW - to something more appropriate
   Allows you to fix stuck motives on visiters
   Can unstick unpaid bills
   Can get rid of stuck kicky bags.

The lot debugger will only roll the fixes that are appropriate.   For example if you don't have any stuck bills, it wont bring up that choice.   

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 14, 12:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nobody can even give me a little bit of info about part of my questions....  Embarrassed

I'm sorry.  I read yesterday and didn't answer because I figured someone more awesome than I would come along and answer better than I can.

'kay, here's my experience. 

- Fix AWOL headmaster
- Reenable controls
-Toggle lifetimewant bit
- Reroll lame LTW
- Rerandomize Sim generator

Appear all the time on a "healthy" lot....or at least all my lots and I only use them if I need them for something special.  AWOL headmaster if you can't get the headmaster to come or stay, reenable controls if something weirds out and your controls grey when they shouldn't, toggle lifetime want bit to make someone perma plat or reverse, reroll LTW to get a new one, rerandomize Sim generator to change up the pattern of babies born in a household.

The "upgrade pre uni" sims options appears when you have (not sure if it is just adults) Sims that didn't go through Uni that you can add want slots and locks to.

AFTER THAT, the box starts showing options when there is some weirdness on the lot.  I get " fix broken mood boosts" frequently.  No idea what that is, but I fix them and the option goes away. Smiley

"Kill stuck bills" will also kill normal bills you have in your mailbox, either incoming or outgoing, so I try to remember not to push that when it appears unless I am sure there is really something stuck.

The "clear offworld loiterers" option will show when your Sims are on the phone, so I try to remember to not use that when people are talking.

Etc.  I don't know what all the options are.  I know when I had a bad move out, an option to fix the bad move out appeared and it fixed it. 

Kinda like warning lights on my car. I don't really know what all of those symbols mean either. 

HTH (also hoping others will correct me if I've mispoken!!)

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 14, 13:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The text file coming with it did not help me much so I turned to you for the answers.

thanks, I will be careful not to use it while sims are on the phone and when there is really bills to pay.

Yesterday I added the Fiesta Tech University to one of my custom hood and went on 1 of the 2 greek house.  Never played the lot, fresh install of the game and it is a new neighborhood in which I only add 1 Sim, I put the debugger for fun on the lot, I was really surprise to see the "stuck kickybag" option on that lot.  No Sims were playing with it.  I used it and it said it fixed 2 objects.  Way to start a lot, I guess other Maxis lot could be buggy to, so now everytime I play a lot in which there is already some Sims I place that object on the lot and check to see if everything is ok.

thanks again

I found the multi-painting really useful too, only thing I notice is that if I make a Sim get a job using it, it won't fulfill the want, is this normal?
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 14, 14:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, so I just start the level below what I want them to be and make them skill for the promotion so they get the memory.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 14, 14:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The text file coming with it did not help me much so I turned to you for the answers.

LOL Pescado is not exactly known for his clarity. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 14, 14:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Pescado is not exactly known for his clarity. Wink

Oh well, I guess we all forgive him since his hacks or so well done and useful Cheesy

I am wondering if I am not better off using Boolprop testingcheats to get my Sims a job, by using it it does fulfill the want and I find it easier to use when I have to change the personality of a Sim. 

Another thing I notice with the multi-painting is that if I change the Sim personality, the Zodiac sign won't change but it does with the testingcheats.  Does the painting really change the personality of the Sim or for the game it will keep its original personality?  How is the multi-painting program, is it like when we encourage a child to be more active for example it will gain a point after awhile.  I am wondering how it really affects the personality.  Is it better to use the painting because it would change the DNA at the same time or is the boolprop testingcheats do a better job at that?  So many questions since I started to use hacks... sorry lol
« Last Edit: 2005 November 14, 15:12:03 by Missdoh » Logged
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 14, 20:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the painting really change the personality of the Sim or for the game it will keep its original personality?  How is the multi-painting program, is it like when we encourage a child to be more active for example it will gain a point after awhile.  I am wondering how it really affects the personality.  Is it better to use the painting because it would change the DNA at the same time or is the boolprop testingcheats do a better job at that?  So many questions since I started to use hacks... sorry lol

Seems like it, only you don't have to spend the time waiting for the change in personality if you use the painting instead of the non-cheat-spend-a-few-sim-days-doing-nothing-but-encourage way. I use the painting to make all my sims (and townies) at least 6 active so they can all run. I like seeing them run.

As for which is better, it's really a preference thing, IMO. The painting saves the time and frustration that comes with encouraging, (depending on which aspect of the personality you are trying to encourage) and also has the option of updating the DNA to match personality gained or lost, which testingcheats doesn't, I think. I've been using the painting (or SimPE) instead of debug mode to change a sim's personality ingame as I want them to retain their astrological sign.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 14, 21:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some options will always appear on even healthy lots because the condition which causes them is not readily detectable automatically, such as a corrupted controller: The controller is always present, but if it becomes corrupted (something only you can tell), it can be detonated and respawned.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 15, 04:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks Pescado, I appreciate you took the time to answer me (will my lips get rip off *shivering like a sheep*?)
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 15, 15:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The big  mystery for me has always been the Rerandomize Sim generator option. What does it do?
It's like a big red button that I want to push.

Instant gratification takes too long.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 15, 16:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is in regards of Sim birth, everytime you start the game it uses the same template and the 1st Sim that is born will always be the same (well that is what I understood).  By pressing this button (you must save before because you will return to neighborhood view without saving) it randomize the birthday thing by creating dummy Sims in the game that are deleted.  By doing this, you will have a baby that will match the personality genes of the parents.

EDIT:  This is taken from the myth legend posts, it could also help you understand, the rerandomize option do it for you so you don't have to go all through the mention below:

"MYTH: Parents frequently produce identical children.
STATUS: PARTIALLY TRUE. This effect is actually a bug, the "firstborn effect", caused because the personality generation algorithm of TS2 runs on a deterministic sequence that is reset to the beginning everytime you start the game. This can be most clearly witnessed in CAS, where you will get the exact same series of sims every time you restart the game: Aries, Aquarius, Cancer, etc. The effect extends to babies of a couple, so that if you have a baby, then save, quit, come back later, and have another baby, the second baby will be exactly the same in personality as the first. To break this trend, at the start of every session, you should go to CAS and roll an arbitrary number of sims, then discard them. The number should be be different and arbitrary, or you will simply be advancing the sequence a fixed number of steps every time. The genetics of a sim is determined by various rules of inheritance and can result in similar-looking offspring if you do not understand how traits are inherited."
« Last Edit: 2005 November 15, 16:51:55 by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: