More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 01:53:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mercyville -- My New Neighborhood -- Pics!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mercyville -- My New Neighborhood -- Pics!  (Read 10297 times)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Mercyville -- My New Neighborhood -- Pics!
« on: 2005 November 10, 23:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inspired by JadeElliot, I am creating a 'real' neighborhood, Mercyville. So far, I have the industrial sector mostly done. No one lives there yet. Some of these lots are decor, some will be residential, and some community. As you can see, I still have a long way to go.
Overview of the Neighborhood:

Waterfall and stream:

Converted beach-front luxury condos:

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
Re: Mercyville -- My New Neighborhood -- Pics!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 10, 23:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's so badass. A great storyteller and a talented neighborhood creator!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 10, 23:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's really nice!
I've been inspired as well. Just about to open my game and add some new sections to my neighborhood.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 10, 23:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great Reg, as usual. I have yet to come across one of your creations that I didn't like.

Reg, I went to your page to look for new creations, but my computer seems to be allergic to the sims official website today. I need some more 'Reg' houses. Have you ever thought of creating your own website? You and Dylan would be a great team, you know. I know he has the angelfire site, but my computer is allergic to angelfire in perpetuity. I had to download his awesome vampire skin from somewhere else and send it to me. Luckily that worked, because now I couldn't live without it (sorry for the awful pun, I couldn't resist Cheesy). Did I mention that I have a very old computer?

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 11, 00:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great!

I was also inspired by Jade and started a new neighborhood. Unfortunately, I don't have your talent. I am doing something similiar to you with having an industrial section, a commerical "downtown" / office building section and a residential section. It would be great if SimCity actually interfaced with the sim neighborhoods.  Maybe Maxis will move in that direction.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 11, 00:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So gorgeous! *sighs* I have really got to sort out my neighbourhood. It is so scruffy-looking! (a bit like me really) Grin

Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 11, 00:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great!

I was also inspired by Jade and started a new neighborhood. Unfortunately, I don't have your talent. I am doing something similiar to you with having an industrial section, a commerical "downtown" / office building section and a residential section. It would be great if SimCity actually interfaced with the sim neighborhoods.  Maybe Maxis will move in that direction.

That would be awesome. Not only do I like playing with the actual inhabitants of the neighborhood, I'd love to manage things on a city level. I don't have SC4, but if Maxis put out an all new 3-d Sim City much like TS2, I'd LOVE it.

And Reg, that neighborhood is fantastic. Good to see you got inspired, too. I did and I started a new 'hood. Not as great as yours though.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 11, 00:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That waterfall you have in your screens, for some reason the waterfall isn't working for me. I put it in the neighborhood, and all I see is the rock. No animation. The river works fine. But for some reason the waterfall just doesn't. Is there something you have to do to get the waterfall to pour water?
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 11, 02:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That waterfall you have in your screens, for some reason the waterfall isn't working for me. I put it in the neighborhood, and all I see is the rock. No animation. The river works fine. But for some reason the waterfall just doesn't. Is there something you have to do to get the waterfall to pour water?

Sometimes it takes the waterfall a bit to start up. Maybe something to do witht he video card? Anyway, I've found that if you place the waterfall, switch to camera mode, then back to live mode, and/or rotate the camera away from the waterfall and then back, it will start up. After you do this the first time, it should then show up all the time after that.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 11, 02:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am glad my hood inspired folks. Reg, your hood is off to a great start. Super work!

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 11, 02:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reg,

The chimneys and the rooftops for your industrial buildings - did you get them from TSR?  I remember seeing something like that when I was searching for some stuff for a residential lot...so I didn't download it at the time. I figured that I would go back and get it later. Well, I've tried searching and can't find them. Can you tell me if you got them at TSR (if not, where) and what category are they under (fireplace, floors, walls, etc)?  

Thanks.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 11, 03:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great Reg, as usual. I have yet to come across one of your creations that I didn't like.

Reg, I went to your page to look for new creations, but my computer seems to be allergic to the sims official website today. I need some more 'Reg' houses. Have you ever thought of creating your own website? You and Dylan would be a great team, you know. I know he has the angelfire site, but my computer is allergic to angelfire in perpetuity. I had to download his awesome vampire skin from somewhere else and send it to me. Luckily that worked, because now I couldn't live without it (sorry for the awful pun, I couldn't resist Cheesy). Did I mention that I have a very old computer?

Most of the lots in this NH weren't built by me, but a few were. I will be doing some building soon for the New Orleans style sections in this NH. As for a site, GMTA. "Laverwinkle Sims" will be up before the end of the year. I'm not sure exactly when because I have some other things going on right now, but hopefully by the middle of December we will be up and running.

Dylan's stuff will be there, along with my lots. We will also have forums. Brynne, I noticed you are wanting to host your Joe Bayfield stuff somewhere other than Yahoo (which I despise, too). Would you be interested in a forum? It could be member restricted quite easily, I believe.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 11, 03:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reg,

The chimneys and the rooftops for your industrial buildings - did you get them from TSR?  I remember seeing something like that when I was searching for some stuff for a residential lot...so I didn't download it at the time. I figured that I would go back and get it later. Well, I've tried searching and can't find them. Can you tell me if you got them at TSR (if not, where) and what category are they under (fireplace, floors, walls, etc)?  

Thanks.

Those buildings and their components are on TSR, by Cyclonesue. She builds amazing stuff. Smiley I'm not sure of individual categories, because I downloaded them from her TSR page. They show up in building Misc, under columns I think.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 11, 03:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks bunches!!

****off to download a couple gig more of stuff....
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 11, 03:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regg already covered this, but I'll just back it up.

It does indeed take a while for the waterfalls to start up. Almost a minute sometimes, sometimes shorter. It can be a pain in the rear, the first time you're placing them, because they might be rotated wrong and you've gotta wait a minute to find out it's been placed wrong, rotate it, wait for it to start again, and hope that it's in the right position. If not, repeat. But after that they should load automatically.

And it might be me, but in my old neighborhood, the waterfalls had shortages and would stop running for a few seconds before beginning to spew again.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 11, 13:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reg, just a piece of information you might find useful for your set-ups. This site:
http://www.sims2day.com/
has some nice stuff. She or he only does recolors, but they are very nicely done. The site features a Bayou restaurant set which, coincidentally, is found under 'sets' Cheesy
Since, unfortunately, I never had the chance to visit down South yet, I don't know whether she or he got it right.

I can't wait until your and Dylan's site is up, although I know full well that you have other things on high priority right now. I already have a slot waiting for it in my bookmarks.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 11, 15:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The site features a Bayou restaurant set which, coincidentally, is found under 'sets' Cheesy
Since, unfortunately, I never had the chance to visit down South yet, I don't know whether she or he got it right.

Nope. But people seldom do.  Wink Neither Cajun nor Creole cuisines use chili peppers. Black pepper, cayenne pepper, and Tabasco are used, but not nearly as much as most people think. The holy trinity of cooking down here is onions, bell pepper, and celery. And yes, people call it the holy trinity.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 11, 17:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sheesh, now look what you did, you made me hungry Wink
I love cajun recipes (sp?), but I doubt very much that they can do the real thing up here to do Cajun Cooking justice. Plan the menu, Reg, I'm definitely coming; it'll be quite a while, but I'm definitely taking you up on your offer.

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 13, 15:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys[/i]!!

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.  Tongue

Back to boring old Pleasantview.....

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 13, 16:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys[/i]!!

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.  Tongue

Back to boring old Pleasantview.....

Ditto, lol!!! I play Pleasantview right now...Smiley.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 13, 16:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beautiful! Cool

Too bad there is no option to live up those mountains tho..

Greets,
virgali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 13, 18:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reggikko,

I don't know if you have seen the houses created by The TSR AaR Challenge group over at TSR but I thought you might appreciate what they are doing. A great many shotgun/row type houses indicative of the New Orleans style contributed by various creators under the moniker The TSR AaR Challenge.

Edit -Sorry for misspelling your name...

Plus the concept of the group seems kind of fun, where swapping neighborhoods etc might be a little heavy the idea of creating houses in a collaborative process seems doable, for those that are more interested in building than playing.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 13, 18:23:59 by nectere » Logged
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 14, 00:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reggikko,

I don't know if you have seen the houses created by The TSR AaR Challenge group over at TSR but I thought you might appreciate what they are doing. A great many shotgun/row type houses indicative of the New Orleans style contributed by various creators under the moniker The TSR AaR Challenge.

Thanks, Nectere! I'll definitely check that out.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 14, 12:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heya JFed! I see you decided to come out of the shadows of lurkdom. Smiley Love the avatar!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 14, 13:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

reggikko,

do you have simcity4 or did you download that map/neighborhood terrain?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: