More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 15:25:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Firedancer - editable ???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Firedancer - editable ???  (Read 6969 times)
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Firedancer - editable ???
« on: 2008 March 20, 06:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Iīve seached for answer for this question, but found none. The firedancer, is it possible to succesfully change his skintone or are you just stuck with what the game pick for you. My reason to ask is that my game insist that my firedancer must be light, no matter what hood I create the firedancer is light and it start to annoys me.

What I have done is changing the skintone in SimPE both in Sim DNA and AgeData. And his skin do change to the correct skintone, but his face stays light, which makes him look even more odd ... I canīt select him with boolProp tuned on, the Make Selectable option is not there, and there for I cant direct him to the mirror to change his appearence.

Any suggestions ?

Rose
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Firedancer - editable ???
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 20, 06:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the firedancer isn't a hardcoded NPC, you can try the Lot Debugger's "Fix Flashing Blue", which will bring up the mirror.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 20, 06:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well ... that sounds easy ... Iīll test it when I get home and report back Smiley

Rose
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 22, 13:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well ... it did solved the skincolor problem but now he just stands there, I canīt make him leave, grrrr ..... *LOL*

I also tried to make the game generate a new Fire Dancer, hoping that I could solve the problem that way. Again I got a light skinned one, so I tried again with the same result. After 5 light skinned firedancers I got this one :

Have anyone ever had any firedancers that werenīt lightskinned ... or is there something seriously wrong with my game ?

At this point Iīm very fustrated.

Rose
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 22, 14:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The working Outfit of the Firedancer is set to S1 as skintone. (stupid EAxis) You would have to create a Override for the Outfit to make it work with other Skins.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 22, 15:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, well it doesnīt solve the problem but it explains a lot  Roll Eyes ... and I donīt think that I should create anything, that would be a big mistake *LOL*

Thanks for sorting this out  Smiley

Rose
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 22, 15:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked into it. Its the Outfit_NPC_EP6_FireDancer Template what they have set to the s1 skin i think nothing we can fix easy. No one knows the reason they had to do so.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 22, 16:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect this fubardom is afflicting the DJ in Awesomeland as well. I suppose I will have to smite it sooner or later.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 22, 21:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a dark-skinned DJ with the lightest-skinned mullet in a couple of neighborhoods, too. That's when I decided to only create female DJs from then on since they don't suffer weird skintone issues. I am still disappointed that the DJs look nothing like the male Sim on the cover of the NL packaging.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 22, 22:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims don't have the mullet style-Jordi has a hider for it. I'll go look and find it.

It's in this thread.

He has loads of 'hiders' for all the weird EAxis crap in game-check his profile.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 23, 02:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the mullet hider but IIRC the game forced the male DJs to wear it anyway when they appeared with the booth. It's been a long time since I've had a dude DJ so I could be misremembering though.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 23, 05:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine always get the shaggy haircut.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 23, 09:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the mullet hider too, but DJs still spawn with it.  No mulletridden townies though.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
simrhino
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 19, 02:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect that the objects running these NPCs are dressing them in light skin and mullets. Fire Dancers, Food Stand attendants, and DJs on which I used the clone function in TS2 Enhancer to change their appearance continued to use the same outfit/hair regardless of the actual outfit defined in the character file. The mat is telling the dancer to dress in the light skinned version.  Anytime you summon a dancer or attendant to a lot without their object they just stand there, as mentioned above, so I suspect these NPCs are almost entirely object driven. I would say, we can fix this by editing the code in the Bon Voyage/Nightlife objects based on the Apartment Life objects. The 50s hot dog stand from AL is just like the BV ones but allows for multiple skintones, the same is true for the break dancing mat/fire dancer mat.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 19, 04:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please to not necromance. Let the dead lie.

Also, TS2Enhancer is for wussies.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: