More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 05:31:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fixing townies' genes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fixing townies' genes  (Read 4075 times)
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Fixing townies' genes
« on: 2005 November 18, 21:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just toss me somewhere if I'm dumb, but I don't really know what I'm doing with hacks or SimPE or such. I just copy what other folks suggest, and usually there are no exploding balls of flame.
If I use the plastic surgery kit or the insiminator to fix the appearance of my townie sims in-game, it is my understanding that this does not affect their DNA -- their children will still get a healthy whoopin' from the ugly stick. Assuming I'm right here (I think I am, cuz there are some ugly little half-townies running around Pleasantville), is there an easy way to copy the new appearance I've given to the moved-in townie and just replace the DNA they'll be passing along with it? I'm afraid to touch SimPE looking for something like that, on account of the afore-mentioned fiery balls (whether visible from space or not).
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Fixing townies' genes
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 22:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Qvcatullus, there was a tutorial somewhere on MTS2 for altering the genes permanently, but I don't know whether that still goes. I tried to check SimPe, but the new design has me baffled. I'm a technophobe, so sue me.
I would like to find out how to with the new edition of SimPe also, or whether it's even still necesarry, so make room where ever you've been tossed, I'm a-coming to join you.

Baratron has something concerning gene-altering here, but that's only for Strangetown. That's why I'm not touching it, I need a walk-through for Pleasantview.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 22:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the tutorial for making the plastic surgety alterations genetic.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56241
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 18, 22:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going by memory (and testing it out as I write), it's like this: Go into the character file for the neighbourhood containing the character you wish to alter.  Click on their file (you will need to get the number from their Sim Description in SimPE first).  When you've opened the file, click on Facial Structure.  If they've been altered, there will be two lines.  Extract the date from line 2 (right click on it) and save it (mine goes to Saved Sims by default).  Right click on Line 1 and hit Replace, then replace it with what you just saved.

Another way is to make characters you want as townies in a test neighbourhood, clone them and replace the faces of the originals with the new faces in Sim Surgery.  This should automatically replace their DNA without having to mess about in SimPE.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 18, 23:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you both, I'll try them out.

Ancient, I wasn't even sure that SimSurgery in SimPe would permanently alter the genes. I'm still learning all the different things in SimPe. I just now figured out how to fiddle with the memories there. (I know, I know, I wont touch the tokens :D) Slow going, right now, but I have some time off coming.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 19, 03:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, slap me silly if all that don't seem like precisely what I was looking for! Thankee all kindly!

-- QVC
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 19, 23:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baratron has something concerning gene-altering here, but that's only for Strangetown. That's why I'm not touching it, I need a walk-through for Pleasantview.

What's wrong with Pleasantview? I don't think anyone there has missing DNA...?

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 20, 00:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Baratron, I wasn't quite as clear as I wanted to be. Your tutorial about DNA was great, and I thought that maybe it could be used as a basis for  permanently changing sim DNA. Even if they use the surgery machine, the DNA doesn't change, just the look of the sim using the machine. Hence, when they marry the ugly genes are still at work. I was looking at your stuff and although it's all clear and nicely explained for missing DNA, I don't think I have the courage to mess with it to change townie DNA permanently.

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 20, 03:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. Yeah, I'd actually recommend that you use the SimPE method for making the surgery changes permanent, for a number of reasons. I'm certain that the simDNA does not include all the details. Notice there's a line with "features to pass on" which just contains the words nose, cheek, eyes etc.

If you change the face with the surgery machine but don't make the changes genetic, then when the game passes on the nose or cheek, it'll pass on the old version. Why, I don't know, except there must be another file somewhere. Otherwise there wouldn't be a load of people hopping around because they changed their Townies to be less "fugly" (what a strange word!), but their Townies' children look the same as the parents used to

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 20, 03:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. Yeah, I'd actually recommend that you use the SimPE method for making the surgery changes permanent, for a number of reasons. I'm certain that the simDNA does not include all the details. Notice there's a line with "features to pass on" which just contains the words nose, cheek, eyes etc.

If you change the face with the surgery machine but don't make the changes genetic, then when the game passes on the nose or cheek, it'll pass on the old version. Why, I don't know, except there must be another file somewhere. Otherwise there wouldn't be a load of people hopping around because they changed their Townies to be less "fugly" (what a strange word!), but their Townies' children look the same as the parents used to
that why I have an Iron clad no townie marrying or breeding with my Sims. I dont want the Fugly Baby Syndrome to Start. so far its worked  no fugly babies born

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: