More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 14:46:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pregnancy Controller Question (SimPE)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pregnancy Controller Question (SimPE)  (Read 7731 times)
Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Pregnancy Controller Question (SimPE)
« on: 2005 July 21, 18:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sim who got pregnant for another sim (who has since lost all character data) now has a clone of herself but with the gender reversed, and it shows as having no father. The pregnancy controller showed the father's GUID, but the family tree would always be fatherless, and the baby was always a clone of its mother (Brandi Broke syndrome?). To remedy this, I created a new sim with the same features as the previous one and reattached all family ties, relations etc. so that this sim replaced the old one. I the editted the 0043 (original dad's GUID) out of the old controller and added 007D (new dad's controller) and now she has his child, genetically, as it's definitely his (and it's not her own clone) but he doesn't show on the family tree.

Which bit of the pregnancy controller would I have to edit so that he showed as the father on the baby's family tree? Thank you all so much  Smiley
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Pregnancy Controller Question (SimPE)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 21, 18:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you made him the father in Family Ties and also Relations?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 21, 18:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the woman he has pregnant is his son's wife. His son and his dead wife both recognise him on the tree as their dad. Now, the baby I need to be *born* with this man as its father on the tree, as the family is due for a quite anticipated public release. What I need, is someone to disect what each part of the pregnancy controller means, or at least tell me how to assign him as the father on the family tree pre-natally. Also, he has to be dead at the time of birth, so relations is pretty pointless.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 21, 18:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the case of Brandi Broke, the controller pregnancy reads 0009 00D0 004A 0001,  The second set of 4 digits is the father reference.  Therefore 00D0 is Skip Broke.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 21, 18:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the case of Brandi Broke, the controller pregnancy reads 0009 00D0 004A 0001,  The second set of 4 digits is the father reference.  Therefore 00D0 is Skip Broke.

Yes, I was aware of that... my first post explains how I changed the father from one person to another, and whilst you see the results genetically, it doesn't show on the tree. Her CP is 0009 0007D XXXX 0001. What is the XXXX?
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 21, 18:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea.  Changing the third set of numbers doesn't seem to alter the pregnancy in any way  Sad

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 21, 19:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if possibly it referred the game to the previous woohoo before the controller was issued, to make that show as the father on the tree, since for the purpose of storytelling, her memories referred to having "cheated with Mystery Sim" etc., so you can see why I'm not sure.

Does anyone who did the Brandi Broke research have the answer?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 23, 21:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is puzzling about Brandi Broke is that although Skip does appear as the father in SimPE, when the child is born it's definitely not Skip's insofar as it has none of his DNA.  It's a similar situation to Pollination Tech#9 and Jenny Smith, who always have a baby with the darkest skin, even though neither of them carry that gene.  Somehow, things have been set-up in a way that's bypassing the genetic data visible in the normal way in SimPE. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 23, 22:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its because Skip is an unlinked sim.  Here's a quote from El Presidente:

Brandi Broke *CAN* have girls, but there are a few factors which promote boys. Brandi's third child, the one she starts pregnant with, is always a boy as an artifact of the way baby genders are determined: Because Skip Broke is "unlinked", the child is always a self-pollination of Brandi. In such a case, the game is programmed to always produce a baby that is the opposite gender of the mother, so you're going to get another boy. This gives Brandi 3 guaranteed boys to start with, completely nonrandomly. If, for some reason, you want to give her *MORE* children, you have a 50/50 shot of getting yet another boy. What's more, Brandi is pollinated at game-startup. It is possible, by sheer random chance, for this pollination to result in twins, which, by the rules above, will always yield twin boys if this happens. You can easily get 4-5 boys out of Brandi with very little "random" involved yet.

Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 30, 19:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to a sim who  I had been playing though... I had unintentionally caused the Brandi Broke effect. Now, I removed "unlinked" from the dad - nothing. I changed the dads using SimPE - partial success, the baby inherits his genes but he doesn't appear on the family tree. That's why I need to understand what they did with Skip... how do I get him to show on SimPE?
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 30, 22:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pre-programmed pregnancy code is 0009 00D0 004A 0001 as mentioned above.  Both a friend and I have changed 00D0 to other sim references yet whenever we do this, the new father always appears on the tree so I'm unsure why it doesn't work for you.  We have both tried self-pollinations with sims, then converted the second group of 4.  Again, each time we do this the new father is listed on the family tree.  From what I am lead to believe, group 1 = pregnancy, group 2 = father ID, group 3 = pregnancy time (i.e birth hour, semester) and group 4 = single/twin status.  Changing group 4 to 0002 does indeed convert single births to twins.  Have you deleted the space after the last group of 4 before committing changes?  If not SimPE adds another group of 4 numbers and whether this interferes or not I wouldn't like to comment.  However I have changed numerous fathers during experimentation and have never had the problems you mention Huh

Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 31, 16:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it randomly addedd 0000 once, but I deleted it because it wasn't there before. It seemed like something SimPE wasn't meant to do.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: