More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 17:49:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  No apartment icon (?) in neighborhood view
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No apartment icon (?) in neighborhood view  (Read 4002 times)
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
No apartment icon (?) in neighborhood view
« on: 2008 October 05, 14:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a very minor gltich/bug, not really sure which.  I don't know what that green apartment building icon thing that floats over apartments in neighborhood view is called (plumbob?) but they are not present in my game.  I noticed it playing Belladonna Cove the day I got it, in a vanilla game, but just figured it was something that didn't make it into the game for some reason.  However, I have seen pictures of people's games and there it is.  I now have my hacks back in the game, the DC from here along with some of TJ's and SW's but as it didn't show up in a vanilla game I don't think it is hack or CC related.  Is there something I have to enable to make it present in my game or am I just going to have to do without?  As I said, it's obviously not a game breaking issue, but I would like to be as special as everyone else.   Undecided  lol.

By the way, the plumbobs show up over the houses still and the dollar signs over the businesses.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: No apartment icon (?) in neighborhood view
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 05, 15:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rumors that I had anything to do with this are blatantly false, because it works fine in my game. Once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 05, 15:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have any hacks or CC in though when I installed the game and they weren't there.
zoebme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 07, 00:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe some CC was hiding somewhere where you didn't expect it, a wrong folder for example? I had the same problem and a binary search revealed that it was related to an outdtated version of "cs_corefuncs.package", which is from this site and has to do with the stuff converted from Castaway Stories. Do a search for that in your entire Sims 2 folder and if you find it, download the updated version. Once I updated it to the version of 26 May 2008, the icons showed fine for me.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 07, 00:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be it, thanks.  A search on here also found that this is the reason the waves on my beach lots don't reach the shore.  Thanks for your help, I guess I missed this one.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 09, 19:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem and a binary search revealed that it was related to an outdtated version of "cs_corefuncs.package", which is from this site and has to do with the stuff converted from Castaway Stories.

That's the one causing the problem for me too.  Pescado says he can't reproduce the problem, so I've decided to just live with it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 10, 03:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh. I have cs_corefuncs and have apartment icons. Looks like version date is 5/26/08.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 10, 03:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to all Nesses!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: