More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 16:20:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Friendly Sims missing from phone/dating list?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Friendly Sims missing from phone/dating list?  (Read 3370 times)
Rooby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Friendly Sims missing from phone/dating list?
« on: 2005 November 04, 05:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've poked around a bit and can't find reference to a similar situation.  I don't know if this is a bug or an intended event.

I have a Sim (Lunn) that I created who started out at the University.  When he was there, he met Lara Ruzinska or something like that.  I had her move into a house with another player-controlled Sim so that she would become a player-controlled Sim.

So Lara and Lunn graduated college and moved back to town.  They live in separate trailers, but have been dating and boinking all along.  I was playing Lara last night, and suddenly I noticed that Lunn no longer shows up on the list of people she can call!  She used to have 1+ pages of people she could call, and now only has one page.  He still shows up on the list of friends, with a stat of 97/87, and the red heart and best friends icons are still there.

If I switch over to HIM, she shows up on HIS list just fine.  He can call her and invite her over, but she cannot call him and invite him over.

The only things that have changed are that I installed the new version of SimPE last night.

Does it have anything to do with Lunn being a romance sim and having boinked 18 women so far?  (He's modeled after my own darling brother, and quite resembles him.)

I do not have any phone hacks installed right now (really irritating with that f^$#% constantly ringing phone.)

So, has anyone else had this happen?  It has not happened to me before and I refuse to tell you how many hours a day I play lest you think that I have issues dealing with reality and prefer a simulation of life to the one I'm living.

Smiley

Rooby
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Re: Friendly Sims missing from phone/dating list?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 04, 05:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stoopid question - does Lunn have a phone in his new house? If he doesn't, then she won't be able to call him!

I saw you mentioned that he can call her, but if he only has a cellphone not a house phone, that can cause oddities...

Sorry if this isn't helpful Sad.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 04, 05:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my limited understanding on the issue as it's happened to me before.

When your sim calls a friend, an invisible copy of the friend is deposited on the lot.  Sometimes the friend doesn't get removed at the end of the call and it makes it impossible to call them because they're already there!

Using Inge's teleport shrub or Pescado's lot debugger should fix the problem - an option like 'remove visitors' or 'remove stuck visitors' should appear.

This may be what's happening to you.

<insert witty comment here>
Rooby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 04, 06:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HURRAY!  Pescado's Lot Debugger fixed the 'loitering off-worllder' and I can call Lunn again!  Smiley

I KNEW someone here would have the answer - THANK YOU!

Rooby
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 04, 17:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a similar problem last night.  Two friends and all of a sudden one can't call the other because she's not on the phone list.  She was still in the relationships panel but not on the phone list.  I checked the one who couldn't be called and she was just fine.  I thought it was my phone hack mod, so I pulled it out.  Much to my dismay the phone is now driving me nuts!  They both have cell phones and land lines.  So if the problem is that the one is invisable, and my teleporting her over fixed the problem, does that mean I can put my phone hack back in?Huh  (Oh, it's TwoJeff's phone lines hack)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 06, 11:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a similar problem last night.  Two friends and all of a sudden one can't call the other because she's not on the phone list.  She was still in the relationships panel but not on the phone list.  I checked the one who couldn't be called and she was just fine.  I thought it was my phone hack mod, so I pulled it out.  Much to my dismay the phone is now driving me nuts!  They both have cell phones and land lines.  So if the problem is that the one is invisable, and my teleporting her over fixed the problem, does that mean I can put my phone hack back in?Huh  (Oh, it's TwoJeff's phone lines hack)

Thanks for your help in advance.
I wasn't aware TwoJeffs made a phone lines hack... Anyway, try the FFS Lot Debugger, and use the "Clear Offworld Loiterers" option.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: