More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 01:16:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nannies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nannies  (Read 3948 times)
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Nannies
« on: 2005 November 04, 19:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, I know, everyone hates the Nannies.  I had to have one though to help take care of my quads.  (I know, dumb idea.  I had no   
idea what I was getting myself and my sims into!)  Anyway.  My nannies are still coming at night and not tracking my schedule.  I thought this had been fixed with the patch that I just downloaded.  Any suggestions on what might be causing this.  I do have some mods in.  I would have to check exactly which ones, though, I can't tell all of them off the top of my head.  I will say they have all been certified NL compatible by their creators.  Mostly, Pescado, TwoJeffs, Inge and a couple of other people that are reliable.

Any ideas would be helpful.  Thanks.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Nannies
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 04, 19:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see where that patch fixed anything. Those nannies are just as insane as ever!

And part of me has to admit I rather like it lol

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 04, 20:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have heard that using the cell phone to hire nannies causes these sorts of problems. Just cancel schedules, then re-hire using the house phone. Hopefully that will help  Smiley

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 04, 21:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one that shows up every night, says "There are no children here", charges me $10 and leaves before I can discontinue her services. I'm assuming that she was hired on a night that one of the kids grew up and bumped her head in the pool or something.

I had another that was completely incapable of taking care of two babies. She liked to play musical cribs with them all night long. She would take one out, drop it on the floor, take the other out and place it in the crib that the other baby was in then put the floor baby in the (now empty) crib. Not only was she fired, she was terminated.

Yes, I have to agree, they are insane.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 04, 21:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm one of those hated few that have never had a problem with Nannies.  Actually when I have them I fire my maid because my Nannies tend to do the cleaning out of boredom.  Mind you I do not keep swingsets or pool tables on my lot.

I did have an issue after NL where my Nanny would come as scheduled in the morning, leave when the wife got home, immediately come back over and leave again once the husband arrived.  I had a baby and two toddlers on the lot so I didn't care.  Other than that NL nannies have improved for me in that they truly do track the schedule even automatically with promotions and days off.

Long story short (yea I know... too late) out of everything that I've experienced I would agree with Emma.  Just cancel the schedule via phone and then rehire her.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 05, 04:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm one of those hated few that have never had a problem with Nannies.  Actually when I have them I fire my maid because my Nannies tend to do the cleaning out of boredom.  Mind you I do not keep swingsets or pool tables on my lot.

I did have an issue after NL where my Nanny would come as scheduled in the morning, leave when the wife got home, immediately come back over and leave again once the husband arrived.  I had a baby and two toddlers on the lot so I didn't care.  Other than that NL nannies have improved for me in that they truly do track the schedule even automatically with promotions and days off.

Long story short (yea I know... too late) out of everything that I've experienced I would agree with Emma.  Just cancel the schedule via phone and then rehire her.
I have the DMA workers and it provides a YA babysitter who lives in I must say she does take good care of the babies and kids. so in my houses where  I have space I hire one the DMA's instead of a nanny if I dont I hire a nanny

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 05, 06:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the all in one npc painting that I use instead of the nannies I do use the nannies though only on lots that have the cow plant hehehe....... Nasty arent I
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 05, 09:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are right, cher. Nunnies come suddenly, not according the schedule. But it doesn't bother me, I just ignore them, and they leave after a few minutes.

The worst happens, when I  find the parents a new job. They were Mad scientists, and as they had LTW to become "Chief of staff", I put them to work in medicine.

That night, at 8:45 PM, the nannie arrived, as if they didn't quit the sciense job. I had to tip and dismiss her. The other day thing come to be as usual.

I think it's a kind of glitch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: