More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 05:17:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  One Sim Over The Cuckoo's Nest
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: One Sim Over The Cuckoo's Nest  (Read 4263 times)
Rhaevyn
Asinine Airhead

For my constant dirty thoughts...

View Profile
One Sim Over The Cuckoo's Nest
« on: 2008 July 29, 03:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much as it pains me to even enter a thread here, I've finally given up my week long searching, reading, experimenting and general hair pulling.

I'll try and keep this concise.  What I'm looking for is someone who can make sense of this garble that is an error log.  Well, I have quite a few, actually, but I'll just attach the first two (why are they so long?). 

The short of it is, I upgraded my PC, made the fatal error of getting all the latest EPs and basically I'd just like to play (and understand what the HELL is going on here).  I'm not crashing to desktop.  I've experienced no BFBVFS.  And so far I've only begun playing in Uni with a couple sims and some generated NPC dormies.

My problem is that if I add another task to my sim's queue (assuming I have them doing something, or they have engaged in something), then I stomp the first one, both tasks poof. 

And everyone's gone mad.  They all walk around the dorm I built doing that "you're crazy" animation, like someone's dancing.  But... no one's dancing, well, except in the living room, in one small room downstairs.  It's actually pretty funny... in a sort of disturbing way.  And I have to admit the nouniprotect hack is definitely hilarious - I have several students passed out all over the place *snort* ... I digress...

Some of the other errors had to do with "missing effect names" or "headline errors."

The first one (attached) was upon first entering the lot.  The next one when I canceled her playing chess after achieving a logic skill point.

I don't expect to "fix" my game, per se, I'd just like to understand what the hell's going on.  At least that would give me some piece of mind at least.

Thanks in advance to the more technically inclined.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 29, 06:12:28 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: One Sim Over The Cuckoo's Nest
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 29, 06:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much as it pains me to even enter a thread here,....
Why does it pain you?

I don't expect to "fix" my game, per se, I'd just like to understand what the hell's going on.  At least that would give me some piece of mind at least.

That's peace of mind BTW.

Unless you are currently missing a few pieces?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 29, 06:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DO NOT FORCE ERRORS ON THINGS WITHOUT BEING ASKED TO!
It DOES NOT HELP.

As for your other error, I've never seen anything like it. Your game appears to be missing vital data. You should probably try reinstalling.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rhaevyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 29, 06:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It pains me because I hate asking for help when I can look for it or research it.

And you are absolutely correct on my incorrect usage of the word 'piece.'  It was perhaps a subconscious thought of wanting to give EAxis a piece of my mind.  Or maybe it was a Freudian slip or even exhaustion... take your pick.

To JM:  You are yelling at me because???

I take it you mean I am not to use the boolprop unless you yourself ask me to?  Sorry, you have confused me.  And I will take your suggestion and reinstall.  Was figuring that was probably the best solution anyway.  I just wondered if anyone was able to determine the cause.  If you've never seen the error then I'll just go ahead and start over.

Thanks for the reply... although ... my eyes! =p

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 29, 06:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to use the error log that is generated when an error actually happens. Shift>Clicking and forcing an error does not help and is useless. If no error log is automagically generated then you just have to describe your 'error' in great detail, listing EPs/SPs installed, CC/Hacks and the scenario, location and sims involved. Then we might be able to help.

Rhaevyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 29, 07:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh gotcha.  Thanks Emma.  I've never, in all the years I've played this game, ever had to get errors or logs.  This is completely new to me.  Never had to use this cheat once.  So it was the first time.  Having turned it on, I wasn't sure how to... well, turn it on!  And so I forced it on my simmie after typing it in from the neighborhood and entering the lot.  And the first one was - the first one.  The rest of them popped up on their own.

I apologize for not having included the list of expansions and mods and hacks, et al.  As I stated in my post, I was looking mostly for a general idea of what the error(s) meant more than anything.

But I'm still going to do what JM said and just reinstall the whole mess.  It's been a long week of tweaking things and updating all my hacks anyway from here.  I just got back to playing so it's probably for the best anyway.

Thanks again.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 29, 16:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And as pretty as your avatar is, some people view this site from work... can we get a black bar or  crop the image a little?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Rhaevyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 29, 19:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Jelenedra.  I'll change my avi later.

JM or whoever, go ahead and kill this thread.  I tried to but it wouldn't let me.  I forgot some of you are fortunate enough to be allowed to view these sites at work.  I'm not so lucky.  I can't even check personal email at work.

My apologies - I put up that Olivia avi so long ago I actually forgot about her.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 30, 10:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I won't delete the thread, because others have replied to it.  However, I will lock it as you seem to be satisfied to end the issue here.  Good luck with your new installation.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: