More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 12:54:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture (Updated 2008/11/10) EP5 Sink & Toilet
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture (Updated 2008/11/10) EP5 Sink & Toilet  (Read 93023 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture (Updated 2008/11/10) EP5 Sink & Toilet
« on: 2008 July 26, 12:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For all clutter junkies out there...  Cheesy
This mod adds decorative slots on top of many Maxis furniture, like dressers or vanity tables, as shown in the screenshot.

Unlike "standard" surfaces like tables or counters, dressers come in all different heights. Some low dressers come close to counter heights, but not all of them. I made this mod to cut back the amount of OMSPs that I use in my game. OMSPs are great for objects with standard heights. But I don't want to carry 30+ different OMSPs that are only usable for just one dresser.

Be sure to get ONLY ONE version.

LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot.zip : If you have at least one EP or SP (except for Happy Holiday Stuff). Including Deluxe (Base+NL) and Double Deluxe (Base+NL+CEL).
If you have AL or M&G, get the one tagged with AL. (LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot-AL.zip)

LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot-SlotOverlap.zip : Same as above, except that you can put two objects over one another in 1-tiled dressers/armoires just like 2-tiled ones. (See the screenshot below.) I made it as an alternative version, because this feature can be either useful or annoying depending on your preference.
If you have AL or M&G, get the one tagged with AL. (LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot-SlotOverlap-AL.zip)

LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot-BaseGame.zip : Base game, or Base Game + Happy Holiday Stuff. (Attached in this post.)

You must sell and re-buy objects for them to pick up the change.

It will conflict with other similar slot mods like Anoeskab's Maxis More Functional set. Unlike Anoeskab's, which doesn't cover SP objects, mine covers ALL Maxis dressers/armoires (except for Seasons coat rack, for obvious reason) up to Apartment Life, all 3 vanity tables, 5 desks, several end tables/coffee tables, several TVs and stereos, all 6 fridges, NL bowling rack and OFB Decra-Chill food display.

It does NOT conflict with any other my Stuff Pack fixes. (LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Downloads_AL.package, LdDarcy_TSSObjectDataFix_FT.package or LdDarcy_SP6TSSArmoireAnimFix.package) Just ignore if Hack Conflict Detection Utility reports a possible conflict.

Files are grouped by object type.

Dresser

2-tiled pre-OFB Large dressers don't have any decorative slots on top. New 3 decorative slots were created on top.
2-tiled Medium dressers already have 3 decorative slots enabled on top by default. But their usefulness is limited., as they can't accept lots of objects that are unprepared for decorative slots. With this mod, they can accept the same kind of objects that can be placed on end tables.

1-tiled Small dressers already have 1 decorative slot on top, but they were never used before IKEA pack. The unused slot is now salvaged. IKEA small dressers will accept the same kind of objects that can be placed on end tables.
2 Step Tansu dressers have 7 decorative slots enabled for each step.

This mod also raises the support strength of all Medium and Small dressers (Maxis and custom alike). No need to turn moveobjects cheat on to put small objects on top of custom low dressers.
(But custom dressers will still refuse to accept objects that are unprepared for decorative slots. Use netmicro's awesome Decoration Transformer to circumvent this problem.)

AL Update:

AL finally created decorative slots on top of most Maxis dressers.
The only exceptions are Teen Surfer dresser and 2 Step Tansu dressers. You still need this mod to put things on these 3 neglected dressers. Get the new AL version. (File name was changed. Be sure to remove the old version first.)
Slot offsets were adjusted so that they are positioned near the center of the dresser top.
You can put small objects that are unprepared for decorative slots without turning moveobjects cheat on.

Armoire

Armoires don't have any decorative slots by default.
For pre-OFB Large armoires, 3 decorative slots were created on top.
OFB-style Medium armoires also have 3 decorative slots on top, but they are placed more closely than those for Large armoires. Use center slot only, or left and right slots without center slot for the best result.
1-tiled Small armoires have 1 decorative slot on top.

Desk

Slots were added only for 5 desks.
(FT Tech, IKEA Fredrik, Seasons Country, Base Game Value and Central Asian)
Also makes the left side of AtomicAgeKids desk more useful. It will now accept objects that are unprepared for decorative slots.
Each side of shelf desks was given half of newly created slots. Move the object to the other side to use all slots.
If you were using my fixed version of Anoeskab's FT Tech desk slot mod, remove it. It's now rolled into this mod.

End Table

8 end tables from various EPs/SPs which have some space to put things on under the table.

Coffee Table

1 decorative slot was created in the center of all 2-tiled coffee tables. (Some have multiple slots under the table.)
Sims won't put cups or other objects on the center slot, and the animation will be misaligned for small electronics. Use it solely for decoration.
3 one-tiled coffee tables from the various EPs/SPs which have some space to put things on under the table.

Vanity Table

Vanity tables already have 2 decorative slots on each side, but they were never used by the game.
The unused 2 slots are now salvaged. 1 slot (2 for Marble Vanity from Uni) was created in the center.

Decra-Chill

For OFB Decra-Chill Food Display only. 3 decorative slots were created on top. They can be used only after you fully stock the display.
To use with custom objects that were specifically designed with Decra-Chill's height in mind (like mdhttr323's Antique Bakery Set), turn moveobjects cheat on, put the custom objects first, THEN put the Decra-Chill display.

TV & Stereo

7 TVs and 4 stereos from various EPs/SPs which have some space to put things.
 TV: Base Game - Moderate & Expensive, BV - Hotel, FT - Comfy & Family, AL - Jock and IKEA - Expedit
 Stereo: Base Game Expensive, NL Jukebox, GLS Luxury and FT Comfy

Fridge

1 decorative slot was created on top of all 6 Maxis fridges.

Misc

Contains NL Bowling Rack sculpture, Seasons Country Sink and Toilet.

Wrong existing slot positions were painstakingly fixed.
For dressers and armoires, slot ID references were removed from the front blank tiles to reduce slot overlapping, like IKEA small dressers.

Placement Tip / Known issues:

For multi-tile objects (except for desks), pick only one side for putting the things to avoid slot overlapping.
As of AL, slot overlapping was entirely eliminated in 2-tiled dressers by default.

After you place the object on the slot, press M to move objects to the next slot.
(Note: This shortcut does not work in Base Game, and possibly in pre-OFB EPs.)

It is not recommended to put objects with which Sims can interact (e.g. phones, alarm clocks) on the decorative slots, as the animation will be at incorrect height. Use my Usable Counter OMSP for most of medium/small dressers.

Sims will not travel to Seasons Country desk to put homework when they get off the school bus. It has nothing to do with this mod, this desk was designed to block homework route in the first place.

For some unknown reason, TVs, stereos, fridges and sink cannot hold certain objects like OFB craftables.

The center slot of AL Jock TV must be filled from right side. Otherwise Sims will not be able to watch TV, complaining that something is blocking their way.

Installation:

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
 (Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

The only exception is SP Overrides file for FreeTime or later EP.

zLdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot_Overrides.package (Only needed for FT, AL & M&G)

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 <Your Latest EP>\TSData\Res\Overrides
  (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game isn't installed in C:\Program Files)

If your latest EP is Apartment Life, the location will be like this.
  C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Overrides

Mansion and Garden Stuff is more like a mini EP than a SP. If you have M&G, you should use M&G folder instead of FT or AL folder.

zLdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot_Vanity_Teen-FT.package is now part of Overrides file. Remove it from your Overrides folder.

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release. Alternative version added. (2008/07/28)
 v1.01: 2 desks from base game (Value, Central Asian) were added. (2008/08/02)
 v1.02: Coffee tables and 1 end table were added. (2008/08/09)
 v1.03: AL version was added. (2008/08/28)
 v1.04: 7 TVs, 4 stereos, all 6 fridges and NL bowling rack were added. (2008/09/18)
 v1.05: Seasons Country Sink and Toilet were added. (2008/11/10)

Just to clarify, I didn't steal Anoeskab's work in this mod. I started to make it even before I became aware of the existence of her mod. If you closely look into the file you'll see the subtle difference.

* LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot.zip (48.8 KB - downloaded 1364 times.)
* LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot-SlotOverlap.zip (48.58 KB - downloaded 1245 times.)
* LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot-AL.zip (47.4 KB - downloaded 2655 times.)
* LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot-SlotOverlap-AL.zip (47.54 KB - downloaded 2058 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 November 29, 08:08:32 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Yaakovashoshana
Blathering Buffoon

Renaissance Cowgirl

View Profile
Re: More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture - Dressers, Desks, End Tables, Vanity
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 26, 13:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy, you are Most Awesome! Woopie! <claps excitedly> I can fill my Sims houses with knick-knacks, gee-gaws, what-nots and set-pretties! It's always irked me to fill up useable slots with purely decorative objects. Now my Sims' houses can be as cluttered as mine!

You're a true gem, and we are lucky to have the benfit of your talents.

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture - Dressers, Desks, End Tables, Vanity
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 26, 14:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Emma presses thanks button for LD

This is really great! I can delete the TSR LOLshit out of my game now!

Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 26, 15:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is such awesome like your other stuff ! Thank you.
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 26, 19:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much. Like Emma I can get rid of the non awesome.  Smiley
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
Re: More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture - Dressers, Desks, End Tables, Van
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 26, 22:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*mashes sheep button*

This is awesome! I have dozens of deco knickknacks, but I'm usually too lazy to set up OMSPs and actually use any of it unless I'm setting up photo shoots. Now I don't feel bad about having all of it. xD
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture - Dressers, Desks, End Tables, Van
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 27, 03:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know the real use of these slots is for sticking snapdragons on.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 27, 09:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy i have seen the Cornerstone Veritable Vanity holds more than one Object in all 4 slots. I have added two to each side slot but it was possible to add more. Same worked on both center slots. And i had not moveObjects on. Thanks this is Great.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: 2008 July 27, 09:26:15 by Havelock » Logged
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 27, 10:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy i have seen the Cornerstone Veritable Vanity holds more than one Object in all 4 slots. I have added two to each side slot but it was possible to add more. Same worked on both center slots. And i had not moveObjects on.
Ah yes, that's exactly what I meant by "slot overlapping". Vanity tables have 4 tiles, and each tile has reference to the same SLOT in OBJD. (Same goes for all multi-tile objects like dressers.) You get 4 slots per tile 4 times over in Cornerstone vanity, so you can put up to 16 objects on a single table without moveobjects cheat on. For 2-tiled low dressers, you get 12 (3x4) slots in vanilla game.

I was always annoyed by excessive slot overlapping, so I disabled it for front blank tiles in dressers, just like it was disabled by default in IKEA small dressers. Now 2-tiled dressers only have 6 slots enabled (3 for each side). If you delete all OBJDs in the mod, you'll get back 12 slots for 2-tiled dressers, and 2 slots for 1-tiled dressers.
(Come to think of it, slot overlapping in 1-tiled dressers might be a GOOD thing, judging by your screenshot....)

But I didn't disable anything for vanity tables. If I do, Sims won't be able to give makeover to other Sim.

You know the real use of these slots is for sticking snapdragons on.
True, but personally I don't use snapdragons much these days. I used them almost exclusively for businesses before FT. When Sims are in the Zone, they don't seem to go comfort failure too fast when crafting.

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 27, 14:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* kiki baaaaaas

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture (Updated 2008/07/28)
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 27, 15:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-07-28: Added an alternative version. You can put two objects over one another in 1-tiled dressers/armoires as well. See the first post for more information.

* LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot-BaseGame.zip (30.9 KB - downloaded 702 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 November 10, 11:42:07 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 27, 16:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes, that's exactly what I meant by "slot overlapping". Vanity tables have 4 tiles, and each tile has

reference to the same SLOT in OBJD. (Same goes for all multi-tile objects like dressers.) You get 4 slots per

tile 4 times over in Cornerstone vanity, so you can put up to 16 objects on a single table without moveobjects

cheat on. For 2-tiled low dressers, you get 12 (3x4) slots in vanilla game.

I was always annoyed by excessive slot overlapping, so I disabled it for front blank tiles in dressers, just

like it was disabled by default in IKEA small dressers. Now 2-tiled dressers only have 6 slots enabled (3 for

each side). If you delete all OBJDs in the mod, you'll get back 12 slots for 2-tiled dressers, and 2 slots for

1-tiled dressers.
(Come to think of it, slot overlapping in 1-tiled dressers might be a GOOD thing, judging by your

screenshot....)

But I didn't disable anything for vanity tables. If I do, Sims won't be able to give makeover to other Sim.

I use only one Object in each slot i was just curious if it is normal behavior.

Would you be so kind to add decorative slots to the Life Stories Endtables. That would be great because i use
them often, because i like the Sets. And the Shakely one is so empty he cries for stuff added to him.  Smiley

Have them uploaded to my 4shared so you could look into them if its possible and worth to do.

« Last Edit: 2008 July 28, 16:20:59 by Havelock » Logged
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 28, 14:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you be so kind to add decorative slots to the Life Stories Endtables. That would be great because i use
them often, because i like the Sets. And the Shakely one is so empty he cries for stuff added to him.  Smiley

OK.  Cheesy

Download from MediaFire

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 28, 17:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Lord Darcy if i could do something for you (like make recolors of Maxis Objects Cheesy ) feel free to PM me.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 29, 03:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Clicks baaaa button

I also use the Shakely set a lot, and am so happy to have more clutter decorating options now!

And baaaa to Havelock for requesting it. Smiley

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 29, 08:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something like 25 OMSP, or even more. Really glad that I can get rid of some of them now. Thank you very much.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 29, 13:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow cool  Shocked

any chance you could add slots to top of maxis fridges?

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 July 29, 14:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

any chance you could add slots to top of maxis fridges?

I intentionally left out objects which are frequently updated by new EPs, like electronics or appliances. Outdated mods which override CRES can make the game crash HARD.

DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 July 29, 17:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can finally take out those OMSPs from my game, *hits thanks button* Tongue

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 July 31, 20:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, thanks for this obviously! (I baa'd already Cheesy)

Is this easy enough so that someone could do it to custom objects following a step-by-step guide (if that's not too much to ask of course)? I'm actually interested for the 2 EAStore end-tables and if it's something simple (like updating objects to FT functions etc.) I'd like to take a stab at it.

Also (this might be directed to Havelock mainly) are those LS end-tables edited? (except the slottage thing) The Shakely end-table that I had before (plus the rest of the Shakely set, that I still have) has some bad-quality textures (okay, not really bad but not comparable with the ones uploaded in this thread) but the ones Havelock uploaded and LordDarcy updated have great textures. Are versions of the full Shakely set available online with those textures?

Dive in!
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 August 01, 12:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this easy enough so that someone could do it to custom objects following a step-by-step guide (if that's not too much to ask of course)? I'm actually interested for the 2 EAStore end-tables and if it's something simple (like updating objects to FT functions etc.) I'd like to take a stab at it.

The 2 EA store end tables are already on my to-do list, after IKEA preorder end table (which I already updated). Smiley
It's not really hard once you get the hang of it. I don't think I've seen a tutorial which was expressly made for this process only. MTS2 Modding Infocenter article by Numenor and Atavera helped me greatly to understand the basics of slots. I just worked it out the rest myself by looking into already existing decorative slots on 2-tiled low dressers.

Also (this might be directed to Havelock mainly) are those LS end-tables edited? (except the slottage thing) The Shakely end-table that I had before (plus the rest of the Shakely set, that I still have) has some bad-quality textures (okay, not really bad but not comparable with the ones uploaded in this thread) but the ones Havelock uploaded and LordDarcy updated have great textures. Are versions of the full Shakely set available online with those textures?

You have Numenorian version, which contains re-mapped (thus degraded) textures to use repository technique. Havelock's version is from BlueSoup version with unedited textures (I believe), which is hosted here. (You have to join Yahoo group.)

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 August 01, 15:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great, thanks for answering both the questions! Smiley

Dive in!
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 August 01, 19:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great stuff here! More spots for me to stuff things on.

I'm wondering if this mod will conflict with marhis's mod to place alarm clocks on coffee tables? If you're curious where I got it from, marhis posted this one at MTS2 awhile back, and it's called marhis-alarmclocks. It worked fine with FT, but I wanted more options to place objects on surfaces of the furniture ingame, but marhis' mod is the only one besides Numenor's Slot Enabler mod I use to place alarm clocks on low coffee tables. So, I am wondering if your mod will enable me to place them on coffee tables?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 August 01, 20:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great, thanks for answering both the questions! Smiley
Actually, I didn't realize that Numenor's version has pixelated, degraded textures until you brought this issue up. I DID download BlueSoup edition from Giggy's Yahoo group some time ago, to find out whether it had more objects than Numenor's. File names suggested that they're already covered in Numenor's, so I never bothered to open it until now. D'oh.

I'm wondering if this mod will conflict with marhis's mod to place alarm clocks on coffee tables?
I also have Marhis's alarm clock mod. They don't conflict with each other. Mine alters surfaces, whereas Marhis's alters Init BHAV of clock itself.

I wanted more options to place objects on surfaces of the furniture ingame, but marhis' mod is the only one besides Numenor's Slot Enabler mod I use to place alarm clocks on low coffee tables. So, I am wondering if your mod will enable me to place them on coffee tables?
My mod does not alter anything about coffee tables or clocks, so no.

I suggest that you download Decoration Transformer by netmicro. This excellent object mod "transforms" all non-decoration objects (stuff that wouldn't sit on decorative slots in unmodded game) into decoration. The example shows exactly what Marhis's alarm clock mod does - putting an alarm clock on the coffee table. It's safer than global mods, though a bit more complicated. Great for custom objects, as you don't have to edit Init BHAV of custom objects themselves.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 10, 02:31:29 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture (Updated 2008/08/02)
« Reply #24 on: 2008 August 02, 00:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-08-02: Updated to v1.01. 2 desks from base game (Value, Central Asian) were added. (1 slot for Value, 3 slots for Central Asian)

For Central Asian desk, use center slot only, or left and right slots without center slot for the best result.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 10, 10:21:51 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: