More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 07:10:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Snow Angels in My Underwear
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Snow Angels in My Underwear  (Read 6894 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Snow Angels in My Underwear
« on: 2008 July 17, 13:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't it make me cold?

I'm just starting to really play around with seasons stuff and the thermometer for sims.  I never really noticed how much temperature affected them until I started doing the ghetto challenge and my sim was unprotected from the elements.  It's the first time I saw heatstroke.  Since she was ghetto, with no roof yet, she had no way of cooling off and she was hot all the time.  So, I went to a winter lot and had my selfsim run outside in the snow in her underwear.  I wanted to see the freeze animation.  Well, she spent several sim hours making snow angels and snowmen and was only to the point of shivering!  Shouldn't sims get cold almost immediately when they go outside in their unders?  There was thick snow, it was middle of winter (I did not check the outside temp -- is there a way to do that besides "read the forecast" in the newspaper?)

Most of my sims go outside in outerwear, so I'm not sure how long it's supposed to take for them to get really cold.  I didn't even see her turn blue.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Snow Angels in My Underwear
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 17, 13:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7656.0.html

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 17, 13:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Emma!  I did actually search for "temperature" (no results) "more realistic cold" and "freeze sim how long" and I wasn't getting anything good.

ETA:  I have warmth fixes, but is it supposed to fix cold too?  I did RTFM and the only cold reference is for zombies turning blue.  There is a hack at MTS2 for colder temps, maybe I need to snag that, but still, I think temp should begin to drop FAST when a sim is in undies or naked in the snow. 
« Last Edit: 2008 July 17, 14:37:52 by cwieberdink » Logged

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 18, 20:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can check the temperature with the lot debugger. Unfortunately, the clothing your sim is wearing doesn't always make a difference as far as controlling their temperature goes--it's usually very slight. Also, it doesn't have to be that cold to snow.

If I were you, I'd work on getting a closet for the winter ASAP.

I'd like to see the sims automatically change into outerwear when there is snow outside, regardless of temperature. It just looks odd when they run out in their undies/pajamas.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 18, 21:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simlogical has air conditioners that can moderate sim temperatures.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 19, 09:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doing temperature-hit activities matters far more than what your sim wears. Uniforms have basically no effect, but making snow angels in ANYTHING will turn you into an icicle in seconds.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 19, 11:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, MTS2 has a Numenor/MaryLou clothing rack that forces winterwear on lot occupants and also functions as a dresser.

My game is misbehaving, so I can't load it up to check, but I do recall that I didn't have folks running outside in undies or bathing cossies if their houses had a rack next to the door. The post-Seasons lots all got one, the pre-Seasons lots had Simtards trying to prance around in swimwear in blizzards and so on.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 19, 11:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims freeze when they have fallen asleep in the snow.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 19, 12:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is misbehaving, so I can't load it up to check, but I do recall that I didn't have folks running outside in undies or bathing cossies if their houses had a rack next to the door. The post-Seasons lots all got one, the pre-Seasons lots had Simtards trying to prance around in swimwear in blizzards and so on.
Coatracks have no effect on sim-wear. For that matter, outfit has little to no effect on a sim anyway. Usually the thing which will get you is doing a hot/cold action, as these ignore the sim's current outfit and apply a straight hit. Thus, uniform has little to no relevance anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 19, 17:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doing temperature-hit activities matters far more than what your sim wears. Uniforms have basically no effect, but making snow angels in ANYTHING will turn you into an icicle in seconds.

But the thing is, it doesn't!  I wanted to see my sim freeze but after a few hours of snow angels, she was merely shivering and I got bored and sent her in.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 19, 20:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims freeze when they have fallen asleep in the snow.
If it's cold enough, they will. Frequently my winters aren't all that cold or snowy. I did kill one old professor off via making him fall asleep in the snow with low motives.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 20, 07:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make them stay outside until they go blue and then get them to do snow stuff. They'll freeze.

I've had visitors freeze because they have got in the tent, stayed there all night without me knowing, then got out, walked to the mailbox and toppled over like giant popsicles. They always thaw out about mid-morning though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 20, 09:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the thing is, it doesn't!  I wanted to see my sim freeze but after a few hours of snow angels, she was merely shivering and I got bored and sent her in.
Sims don't normally freeze unless temperature outside is <= -70. If it's not that cold, temperature is irrelevant. Anything where |Temp| < 70 should just be ignored, it has no effect.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 20, 13:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims don't normally freeze unless temperature outside is <= -70. If it's not that cold, temperature is irrelevant. Anything where |Temp| < 70 should just be ignored, it has no effect.

I guess I'm off to grab the extreme temp hack from MTS2 then.  I want to see some freezing, frabbit! 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 20, 15:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just click the temperature control on the Lot Debugger. You can choose "Normal", "Grip of Winter", or "Heat From Hell", and your temperature will instantly change to that. Yes, there are basically only 3 temperatures in the entire game. All other intermediate settings are equivalent to "normal".

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 20, 20:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just click the temperature control on the Lot Debugger. You can choose "Normal", "Grip of Winter", or "Heat From Hell", and your temperature will instantly change to that. Yes, there are basically only 3 temperatures in the entire game. All other intermediate settings are equivalent to "normal".

Ah, cool.  That'll work then.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: