More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 October 05, 11:12:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540282 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there any way to visit University lots?
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there any way to visit University lots?  (Read 4050 times)
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Is there any way to visit University lots?
« on: 2008 July 14, 02:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any hacks out there that will allow regular non-student Sims to visit (walk to/take taxi/ etc.) the University lots?  If not, is there an elegant tweak possible that could permit it?

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Is there any way to visit University lots?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 14, 07:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious....why would you want to?

Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 14, 12:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Different townies and different lots. 

The usual townies are in the neighborhood lots.  The townies and Downtownies (wealthier, usually) are in the downtown lots.  And the Young Adult Townies dominate the university lots.

And it just plain pisses me off that my Sims can't visit those lots.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 14, 13:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In answer to your question, no, I've never seen a hack that lets non-uni folks visit the uni lots.  However, a uni student can invite anyone he/she knows to any uni lot.  And uni students aren't restricted to just visiting community lots at the university -- they can go to any community lot in any sub-hood in the game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 15, 02:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...assuming you have Nightlife or a later expansion. With just TS2 and University, University Students were only allowed to visit the lots at the university they were currently attending, regardless if there was  more than one university attatched to the neighborhood.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 15, 12:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thanks -- since I didn't start playing TS2 until after NL was out, I was unaware that that pre-NL restriction existed.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 16, 02:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It'd be interesting, story-wise, to have some of my teens sneak out late to a lot on one of my Unis.  They could have some fun, pretend not to be underage.  Though in some hoods, the Uni is definitely too far away from the main hood plot-wise for that to be possible.

If you made, say, a community lot in the main hood or a downtown type subhood, you could use the visitor controller to set it to YAs only, I guess and emulate the place.  Or even copy a couple Uni lots over to another subhood so it looks exactly the same.  It could be an easier workaround, if you were story-telling, than getting a YA to invite a non-Uni student to the lot.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 16, 08:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inviting an adult Sim isn't the same thing as an adult Sim visiting a lot on his own.  That is what I was hoping for.

There is an array-building primitive that the game calls before it switches to the next lot.  I don't understand what the parameters are, but I suspect there may be one that means, "exclude or include uni lots from the list."  I've been hunting for that, but no luck so far.

A uni student CAN visit any other uni subhood.  A student at Sim State, for instance, can visit a lot in the Fiesta Tech hood.  I think you are right (above) that we couldn't do that before NL.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: