More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 14:24:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Encouragificator
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Encouragificator  (Read 3988 times)
blossyblossy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Encouragificator
« on: 2008 June 23, 23:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a lot with a bunch of lazy Sims.  The most active one (an Uncle) has 4 points.  I am trying to get the Uncle to encourage activity in a child with 2 active points, but the encourage option isn't available in the pie menu.

Am I correct in assuming that the Encouragificator works by any older relative enouraging a younger relative?

Is there a threshold below which encouraging is not an option?

I am assuming that even though he has more points than the child, he is basically still lazy and therefore unable to encourage this.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Encouragificator
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 23, 23:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can't encourage non-macroly, you can't encourage macroly either. Nyah.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blossyblossy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 23, 23:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It did allow me to non-macroly encourage activity but this is so tiresome I never noticed any actual increase in the child's activity level.

So is it that non-macroly encouragement doesn't actually work (even though it was an option) and/or macroly doesn't work at low levels?
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 24, 02:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd. I could have sworn that "Encourage...Activity" only shows up for Sims of Lazy/Active 6+

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 24, 03:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd. I could have sworn that "Encourage...Activity" only shows up for Sims of Lazy/Active 6+
It does. You can only encourage Active if you have Activeness. You can't encourage activeness on a target with 10 active, obviously.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 25, 16:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also had the option to "Encourage" in the same area (activity, etc.) with the same two Sims where I have not had the option to "Macro..Encourage".  It seems to me (haven't looked in a while) that it may have been related to relationship scores - maybe higher ones get the macro option and lower ones don't?  You're definitely right about the regular "Encourage" option though - it is a major drag.  This mod is the only way to go.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 25, 16:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be -- I recall I couldn't get a sim living in the same house to macro/encourage his  child-age brother-in-law until their relationship got up to the friend level at least (if memory serves).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 26, 00:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macro-Encourage will not appear until the relationship is good enough that the action will reliably WORK. EAxis does not care if you perform the action ineffectually and will show the option just when personality and family relationship permits, but Macros care about actual efficacy and will not pop the option until it is certain to actually do something.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: