More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 14:25:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can this Sim be saved?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can this Sim be saved?  (Read 5945 times)
misscatfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can this Sim be saved?
« on: 2008 May 14, 15:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello all! This is my first post, although I've been lurking for a while...

I am having a problem with a Sim who has recently returned from vacation. Perhaps it's because I deleted the vacation destination after he got home and replaced all the templates? I have attached the error log that was generated when I enabled testing cheats. Can this guy be fixed?

I have all expansions through BV (running no-CD cracked version), no stuff packs.

P.S. There is currently a dialog box with "cancel-reset-delete" on the screen, and I can't get "cancel" or "reset" to work. I forget what happens when I push "delete," so I'm just not pushing anything at the moment.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 22, 12:27:39 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
bekka
Blathering Buffoon

Now with 10% more visibility!

View Profile
Re: Can this Sim be saved?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 14, 17:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you press delete the sim WILL disappear.  You then save and exit and when you return he will be standing by the mailbox.  Unless of course something is completely borked, in which case he may disappear altogether and never return.

This must be what going mad feels like.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 14, 18:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would delete it and let it reset to the mailbox.  If the sim is still borked, try moving him out and moving him into another lot.  If that works, your lot is probably borked.  Bulldoze the old lot.

If it does not work, you may want to check your hacks and cc to make sure it's not a conflicting hack or bad cc mesh or something causing the problem (very tedious process, I know).

Tribulatio proxima est
misscatfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 14, 19:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your suggestions! I tried them, but it looks like the Sim is borked on other lots as well, as is the guest he took with him on the trip. One of the oddest symptoms of their problem is that neither of them can use toilets or showers...

Also, when other playable Sims invite them over, they can't interact with the borkees at all. They start to, and then the action just drops out.

Because of this whole "missing neighbor" message, I'm starting to suspect I may have done something awful in SimPE last night when I was sleepy and very hatey toward ugly vacation townies. Grr.

I guess this'll teach me to be more careful. I'll keep the poor guys in the Sim Bin for awhile just in case a solution comes up, but I imagine they're doomed.

Thanks again!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 14, 20:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If, as you suggest, you deleted things in SimPE that you should not have deleted, you may have turned your 'hood into a BFBVFS.  I suggest restoring from backup (if you want to try keeping the 'hood).

Tribulatio proxima est
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 14, 20:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, but couldn't deleting the vacation hood be the problem? If his sims went on vacation, met some of the locals and suddenly those locals were deleted with the hood, would that cause this problem? I've always thought that sub-hoods shouldn't be deleted after being played for this reason, so I'm wondering if I'm wrong.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 14, 20:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, but couldn't deleting the vacation hood be the problem? If his sims went on vacation, met some of the locals and suddenly those locals were deleted with the hood, would that cause this problem? I've always thought that sub-hoods shouldn't be deleted after being played for this reason, so I'm wondering if I'm wrong.

You can delete a university, provided there is another university for the dormies to go to, and you move your playables out to the sim bin before deleting.  You delete the university in game (the game will not allow this if there is only one uni in your hood). Dormies will reappear in the new university.

I think, as with NL and OFB sub-hoods, there are a number of special NPCs that are created in BV that would make it a very bad thing to delete.  The game may not allow you to delete your one island holiday sub-hood, for example, and if you delete it in any other way, there is a good chance that it will bork the hood.  If this was done, I suspect the hood is doomed.

Tribulatio proxima est
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 16, 17:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the delete attraction markers option on Lot debugger it looks like your Game is missing another Sim who he was attracted to. Could be the same for the Guest if your sim has told him he met the other sim and was attracted to him.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 16, 19:12:59 by Havelock » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 18, 18:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this looks like a classic bad attraction markers issue. Nuke them and your game will be fine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
misscatfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 20, 15:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It worked! Fabulous! Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: