More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 11:33:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the patch?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the patch?  (Read 13000 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the patch?
« on: 2005 October 30, 01:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why but I am still afraid to use it and was wondering if any of you actually tried to put a few in their houses to check if it is really fix or not.

Call me chicken if you want but I won't use it until it is confirmed to be risk free.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 30, 02:17:16 by Missdoh » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the patch?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 30, 02:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto - I stopped using it too, after I read so many "buggy remote control" threads.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the pa
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 30, 02:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

damn buggy remote-controlled buggy... Grin
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
Re: Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the patch?
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 30, 03:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate that thing. It's annoying and sims won't stop playing with it. I had it in one of my houses once (legacy challenge, needed cheap entertainment) but I've never had it since. Stupid Remote control car.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 30, 03:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I mostly wonder in regards of greek houses since Sim would sometimes bring that item randomly.  I completely stop having greek houses in my game because I was afraid one would bring that devil item home and I would not spot it fast enough.

Now I know to have greek houses is ok the problems are fixed but I don't want to spend all my time checking out if any Sim would bring back that devil item home (well that is if it is still a devil item), I have other things to do lol.  Grin

It is nice to see on the other hand that I am not the only "chicken" around lol  Grin
« Last Edit: 2005 October 30, 03:13:47 by Missdoh » Logged
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the pa
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 30, 03:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

buggy rubber baby bumpers. 

Sorry.  Had to.

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 30, 03:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

buggy rubber baby bumpers. 

Sorry.  Had to.

Chris

Humm Am I mistaken or this quote is taken from a very old Simpsons episode? Doh!  Well it made me think of that somehow lol.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 30, 03:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rubber buggy baby bumpers is a lot older than the Simpsons!  Probably as old as Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 30, 03:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rubber buggy baby bumpers is a lot older than the Simpsons!  Probably as old as Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.

Oh ok then, well I am French Canadian so this explains why it is not part of my culture...  Thanks for the tip  Wink
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 30, 04:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?
toy boat toy boat toy boat
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 30, 04:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In French you would have something like this:  "Les chemises de l'archiduchesse sont-elles sechent? archi-sechent."

or this "Combien coute ces six saucisssons-ci? Ces six saucissons-ci coutent six cent six sous."

Now let's get back to the topic or do I need to remove my chicken outfit and put my frenchfried outfit instead  Tongue
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 30, 04:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I am going to be brave and test it, lol. I have so many hacks - and it is Maxis original. I really want to see if it causes any harm. I bought it when I played Uni, and don't remember having problems  in the game. I sold it, because my sims always wanted to play with it, which disturbed my plans for them...Smiley. But after I read several "warning" threads, I stopped to buy it.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 30, 04:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I might do the same too (but of course will do a back-up previous to this, my chicken side I guess).

With two on the test it should be a good start. Any other that feel like removing their chicken outfit feel free to join the fun Tongue
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 30, 04:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, I backup each 3 days my playable neighbourhood, or as I finish to play with a family (sometimes it's each 2 days) - thus I always can restore the previous backup.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 30, 05:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Primary test results.

I have put that car in 2 houses in regular neighborhoods and save while they were using it which I read was the worst possible time.  So far none of my families lost any memory or acted weirdly.  I put one in a house in which a Sim is in the science field which, if I am not mistaken, have the best chance of coming back home with the flu to see if we still get a message that the remote control car is sick with the flu.

I will keep you posted.  I don't have greek houses in my game like I mention already so if anyone want to test that part go ahead.

God I feel better in that frenchfried suit than the chicken one  Tongue  In case it does matter I wanted to mention that after installing the patch I made sure the objects.package file was a read-only type.

EDIT:  They both came back with money from work, now let see if they can get a promotion.  One of them just had a chance card, so far so good! 
EDIT 2:  Now that was fast, yes my sim did got a promotion it is looking very good.  Memories are there for the promotion.  Now let's see if I quit and reload the game if evevything is still there.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 30, 05:47:37 by Missdoh » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 30, 05:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, missdoh, you are going to be very good Beta-Tester!

You beat me at this, but this is your thread, and I am glad you make the Beta-Testing.

Isn't this fun?...Smiley.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 30, 06:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, missdoh, you are going to be very good Beta-Tester!

You beat me at this, but this is your thread, and I am glad you make the Beta-Testing.

Isn't this fun?...Smiley.

yes it is indeed lol but if you have result on your side Gali I would really appreciate you post them too to confirm ...  When I have something in my head it is not in my feet (Canadian French expression roughly translated)  Wink  I guess I decided to have faith in Maxis in this matter and I knew what I needed to check, it might be different with mods or hacks unless I am directed to check specific behavior... Undecided

EDIT 3 of the results:  Restarted the game, checked the memory of the 2 families and they are still ok.  Added a 3rd remote control car in another family and saved while they were using it.  Check my 2 families with it already and they have intact memories.  Reload the lot with the science family to see if they will get a promotion and indeed they did... so again, so far so good, no memory loss accured in this testl.  Intense testing here but it is worth it  Tongue  So far it seems to be fix.  I don't see any reason why in University hood it would make memory disappear if it did not in regular hood.  Finally I went back to the 3rd family which were using the car and they were ok too.

Sorry if I gave you all the step I did but it is to help you finding out if I did it good or not.  So far my science Sim did not came home with the flu so I can not tell you if I would still get the stupid message saying the remote control car is sick... I will post about this as soon as it happens or please post if you know the results.  Smiley

EDIT 4:  Last test  I did is check if I would delete them in all the 3 houses I put them if it would make the game go beserk.. it did not... every memory is still there....
« Last Edit: 2005 October 30, 06:51:54 by Missdoh » Logged
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 30, 07:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime I see one in a house I take it out.  I've had quite a few errors with Sims since installing the patch and in every case there was a remote control car in the house.  When I took the car out, the errors vanished.  I will never use it again.  Can't say I want to anyway, the stupid thing drives me crazy.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 30, 07:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I did not have any of those car prior to install the patch so it could have make a difference.  In case you wonder....
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 30, 12:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any of you who have been trying it should check the last modified date of your objects.package file. If it's not August but October then the damn thing is corrupting it even if the effects aren't showing yet.

I haven't tried it since the Patch, but I tried it when NL came out and it was supposedly "fixed" and it wasn't. Tongue I didn't see it on the list of stuff for the NL patch either. I know the NL patch also included stuff from the Uni patch, but a lot of that stuff on that list was stuff already fixed in the base NL add-on and they just listed it because the Uni people are only just now getting those fixes with their patch.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 30, 12:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So apparently the patch works?  Good..I liked the car. I always wanted to see if a toddler would chase it.

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 30, 13:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh ok then, well I am French Canadian so this explains why it is not part of my culture...  Thanks for the tip  Wink

What's really funny is I haven't heard that since I was a kid.  (I don't watch the Simpsons.)  And I'm a LOT older than the Simpsons! Cheesy

I only ever bought one rc car, I think, and my sims hardly ever looked at it.  So I figured if they weren't going to play with it, why buy it?  And I never had any problems with that lot.  But when I read about the problems people were having, I definitely avoided it.  Especially since I was having problems with cell phones.  When I found out about the car problems, I went back into Pleasantview, which I haven't played in months, to find the car and delete it, but I couldn't remember which house had it!  I may have already deleted it because they pretty much ignored it anyway.

I wonder - if I went back and found that house, would that same car be ok, or would I need to get rid of it and buy another?

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 30, 17:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first started playing, before I knew anything about the game, I put the RC car in a house, and the Sims wouldn't leave it alone.  Finally, I had enough of that, so I removed the car and never let them have another.  I was relieved of that when I read about the mass destruction it causes.

I never let them have myshuno either.  Or TV. 
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 30, 17:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had the remote control car in a house since playing the tutorial. Smiley

At least the TV is ok with the cheat to turn down the volume:

floatProp tvVolume 0.1

Default is 0.5 which annoys other people in the house.  My house, that is.  The Sims don't complain about the volume.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 30, 18:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any of you who have been trying it should check the last modified date of your objects.package file. If it's not August but October then the damn thing is corrupting it even if the effects aren't showing yet.

I haven't tried it since the Patch, but I tried it when NL came out and it was supposedly "fixed" and it wasn't. Tongue I didn't see it on the list of stuff for the NL patch either. I know the NL patch also included stuff from the Uni patch, but a lot of that stuff on that list was stuff already fixed in the base NL add-on and they just listed it because the Uni people are only just now getting those fixes with their patch.

From what I remember reading on this site from MaxoidTom that was not fix in NL, but it is with the patch:

"Fixed a major issue where loading a lot with the remote control car in use would make all memory and job icons blank"

This is exactly what I tested yesterday night and it worked fine, no Sims have lost their memory and new ones appeared and stayed, they did get promotions, chance card and received their pay.  My objects.package file is a read-only I don't know if it made the difference but from what I tested it seems to be fixed now.

My Sims seems to love that item, every chance they had they wanted to play with it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: