More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 21:54:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Flu epidemic...
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flu epidemic...  (Read 27454 times)
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
Flu epidemic...
« on: 2005 October 27, 05:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any cure-all-sims hack for illness? My Pleasantview has been suffering for several generations now from an epidemic. I've found it completely impossible to get everyone well (I have 60 or so families in play...) without cured sims becoming infected again. If someone knows where a hack like this is available, please let me know! Smiley
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
Re: Flu epidemic...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 27, 05:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge made a "no disease" hack. It won't cure sims that are already sick I think but it will stop any more from being infected untill you can cure them all.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 27, 07:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wish that Sims had adaptive immune responses  Angry

I am sick of everyone passing the same strain of flu back and forth and back and forth. Though--I actually had been toying with the idea of deliberately letting it go epidemic to kill off a chunk of them, because my neighborhood is getting unmanageable (and I am attached to everyone and need the game to decide who dies, for me.) But no one ever dies--just gets healthy in six hours only to get re-infected by one of the eighty bazillion sims that I forgot had it.

Are there any hacks to increase mortality? (At least if they all died they'd have to stop spreading it!) And can children die from disease?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 27, 07:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the InSimenator, you can spawn (click on floor) the medical mode, which has an option "immunize illness".
You can download it at MTS2 (DEST version).
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 27, 08:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge made a "no disease" hack. It won't cure sims that are already sick I think but it will stop any more from being infected untill you can cure them all.

Cool, that sounds like it'll be useful. It's mainly the reinfection that's the most annoying part - they get well, they get sick, on and on.

If you have the InSimenator, you can spawn (click on floor) the medical mode, which has an option "immunize illness".
You can download it at MTS2 (DEST version).

Thankyou too gali, but I don't use InSim (it's incompatible with so many other hacks I have...). But it's good to know someone's made a hack that does stop illness.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 27, 11:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could do this:

a) Get all your sims to quit work and earn money from painting and writing novels.

b) Ban all uninvited guests, NPCs etc. from your lot.

c) Get Inge's homework tables and keep the kids home from school.

d) Socialize only via the phone or the PC - no visitors!

e) Never go downtown, and either use the refillable fridge, or when the delivery person calls, take the food from him/her with Move_objects on.

f) Get rid of the maid, the gardener, never hire the repair man, etc.

Won't make your sims immune, but they won't get sick!

Or you could just accept that, like in RL, disease keeps on spreading!

Zephyr Zodiac
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 27, 18:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your Sims need to wash their hands a.s.a.p. after contact with any other Sim.  I keep mine in bed when  ill (difficult, yes, but doable), allowing them only to go to the bathrooom and maybe, if their hunger bar dips too low, some juice or soup.  Seems a nice bath helps, too.

What we really need, though, is a way for sick Sims to buy the medicine made w/the bio machine.  Maybe that's the cure.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 27, 18:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the Multi Painting and kept everyones energy drained and all other needs up.  I think it's 12 Sim hours and they are cured.

Also isn't there a tool you can spawn with the boolprop debugger that makes a Sim immune as well?  I would think using that or any other immunity hack and then going lot to lot would be your only way of doing it. 

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 27, 19:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the Multi Painting and kept everyones energy drained and all other needs up.  I think it's 12 Sim hours and they are cured.

Also isn't there a tool you can spawn with the boolprop debugger that makes a Sim immune as well?  I would think using that or any other immunity hack and then going lot to lot would be your only way of doing it. 
thats what I do as well use the multi painting to keep them in bed.I had a sim get a cold and I used the painting to keep her exhausted and in bed but all other needs I kept maxed early the next morning I got the pop up that Rachael was healthy again. no one else caught the cold from her in the household. and she had 4 other people in the house she lived in  1 shared a room with her

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 27, 19:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is really helpful as I'm having a lot of trouble with the 'flu. I'd give benes but we don't here.  Grin

Meh...
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 27, 19:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had an epidemic before and now I'm a Health Nazi.  If a sim gets sick, he immediately gets quarantined:  locked in a room with entertainment, couch for sleeping, bath, toilet and no doors.  When the other sims eat, I place a plate of food in his room. If he has to go to work, he gets a phone to call in sick.  No getting out until he's healthy again.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 28, 01:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is really helpful as I'm having a lot of trouble with the 'flu. I'd give benes but we don't here.  Grin
here's another little tip the  number 1 cause of the flu in Sims is Roaches  Embarrassed make sure the garbage is completely cleaned up and the trash can picked up and the mess cleaned up in a timely manner after its kicked over. and dont let your sim stomp on them either! have the sim spray them or call an exterminator. I also hire a maid first off for all my sims no matter how poverty stricken they maybe because if a sim believes they "caught " the sim theythink have dibs on cheating  you can guarantee that the supposedly" Cheating" sim will have his/her trash can kicked over dozens of times in a day. and if The sim is at work  and cant pick up the trash can  Roaches will almost certainly make an appearance. instead of spraying the first thing a sim wants to do is stomp on them and thats a guaranteed way to start a flu epidemic. the maid no matter how bad they are will at least pick up the trashcan and clean up the mess while they are there.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 28, 01:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had an epidemic before and now I'm a Health Nazi.  If a sim gets sick, he immediately gets quarantined:  locked in a room with entertainment, couch for sleeping, bath, toilet and no doors.  When the other sims eat, I place a plate of food in his room. If he has to go to work, he gets a phone to call in sick.  No getting out until he's healthy again.

That's similar to what I do to my Sims when they have the flu. Put them in a room and take off the door/s, keep their needs up (although I cheat and use Merola's painting) and basically quarantine them until they're healthy again. Though I probably will download Inge's hack... mainly because I can't find the 'joy' in having a sick sim.  Huh

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 28, 01:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But how do you KILL them?

I have never managed to make a sim die from disease naturally, they always get better in 10 hours. I have tried, too. I want my epidemic to cull the herd a bit!
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 28, 01:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never managed to make a sim die from disease naturally, they always get better in 10 hours. I have tried, too. I want my epidemic to cull the herd a bit!

There's plenty of hacked objects out there to kill a sim , but to kill them just by disease only? I haven't tried, but one way I would try is by letting them the ride the electro orb sphere thingy....I reckon that *might* do it  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 28, 02:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I happen to have a medicine cabinet which I think I got from MTS2.  You could cure diseases, make sims immune and even find out if they are pregnant.

I keep wondering if I've picked up a hack or accidentally clicked on something to remove all sickness altogether as NONE of my sims ever get sick anymore unless they are pregnant.

<insert witty comment here>
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 28, 02:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had quite a few die from the 'flu, all from getting better on another lot.  In Allegra Gorey's case, she got 'flu while she was pregnant and died straight after giving birth.  I even had a Sim catch the 'flu at her wedding several times over (about 8 of the 14 guests had it, I had an epidemic then) and she actually died under the wedding arch straight after taking her vows.

I think maybe they've done something about Sims dying when they recover on another lot with the patch, because it doesn't seem to be happening anymore.  Pity, because I also need to drastically cull my neighbourhood and I find it very hard to deliberately kill Sims off.  I will have to get rid of some of the elders though, they're old for far too long now and I get so bored playing them.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 28, 03:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that is my problem. I need to cut the population, but I can't pick who to kill. (I know how to kill them--I just don't want it to be on purpose.) I wish I knew how to make hacks, as I don't think this will be a very popular request. (Then again, it could be right up JM's alley...)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 28, 03:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they have to remain ill for a certain number of sim days..not sure how many exactly...but its quite a few.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 28, 03:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that is my problem. I need to cut the population, but I can't pick who to kill. (I know how to kill them--I just don't want it to be on purpose.) I wish I knew how to make hacks, as I don't think this will be a very popular request. (Then again, it could be right up JM's alley...)

Aged them gracefully then.   Also wouldn't making a hack to "cut" your population be the same as killing anyhow?  I know sometimes it's hard to let go, the guilt can be overwhelming but once you start it's hard to stop.  Killing Sims desensitizes you over time and you just learn to accept it or deal with an overpopulated neighborhood that begins to implode.

Implode, now that's more of what I think is up JM's alley.  Wink

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 28, 03:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's No Disease hack gets rid of morning sickness as well.  I've been using it in my game for months now.  I had been going around immunizing all my sims with InSim, but this is much easier.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 28, 03:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I remember the guide says it's 10 days and then they'll die if still sick. I'm strict with the quarantine & Multi painting too, so all of my sick sims have quickly gotten well and didn't infect anybody else.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 28, 03:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heart the Multi Painting and the Mind Control Mirror.  The only lots I do not allow myself the luxury is the Legacy ones.  (Except for the mirror, the mirror is everywhere)

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 28, 03:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Medicine Cabinet to innoculate my sims right after the first cough. It seems like it was a German site that I d/l it from, but I can't remember the name. It's also handy for taking pregnancy tests and letting you know if your sim is having one baby, or two.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 28, 03:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Medicine Cabinet to innoculate my sims right after the first cough. It seems like it was a German site that I d/l it from, but I can't remember the name. It's also handy for taking pregnancy tests and letting you know if your sim is having one baby, or two.
shacklin made the medicine cabinet he had it on mod the sims2 for quite awhile as hacked object. Ive heard it doesnt work for Nightlife though

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: