More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 15:55:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't earn enthusiasm points
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't earn enthusiasm points  (Read 3483 times)
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Can't earn enthusiasm points
« on: 2008 March 03, 16:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How long does it take for sims to gain enthusiasm? I've been playing a test family with a kid whose predestined hobby is nature, but I had him playing the violin. He's been playing since he was a child. He is now an adult. He has ZERO enthusiasm points for music and dance. I tried on several other sims and none of them are gaining enthusiasm for anything. I'm assuming this is not supposed to be a long arduous process and the first few should be easy to gain like skilling. Is anyone else having a problem like this? Is it fixable?

My hack list is:
updated FFS hacks
ACR
sit on floor to watch tv
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Can't earn enthusiasm points
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 03, 16:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gaining enthusiasm sometimes takes a long time, but should not take that long.  With awesome hacks and ACR loaded, my sims are able to gain enthusiasm on home lots, but not on comm lots.  Macrotastics hobbinate function pops errors as well.  In my game, I am viewing this as a "tight pants" issue, or a possible conflict with non-awesome CC content at this point.

You may want to try eliminating all other CC (clothes, meshes, objects, etc.) as well as all non-awesome hacks and run a test hood (to avoid affecting your regular hood), to see if the problem persists.  Make sure you have the latest FFS hacks for FT, as these are being updated daily or more often at present.

Tribulatio proxima est
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 03, 16:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the "Macro...Hobbinate" working without errors for *anybody*?  I haven't seen anyone (yet) who says it works in their game, regardless of what other hacks they have loaded.  I posted an error log yesterday in the Macrotastics thread (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,208.msg317244.html#msg317244).

Karen
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 03, 16:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the "Macro...Hobbinate" working without errors for *anybody*?  I haven't seen anyone (yet) who says it works in their game, regardless of what other hacks they have loaded.  I posted an error log yesterday in the Macrotastics thread.
Karen

Saw your error log - my game is doing the same thing, but since it's essentially the same error I didn't post a second log.  New version of macrotastics is up this morning.  In my game, I also have to eliminate other CC to make sure something else is not conflicting. 

Wait and see I guess what the diagnosis is on your error log.  There's lots going on and it's likely not possible to manage all issues at once.  But no, you're not the only one, if that helps.

Tribulatio proxima est
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 03, 16:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hobbinate works well on tinker, if one has the buildable car, and on film/literature.  The rest error out after macro->call friends.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 03, 17:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hobbinate works well on tinker, if one has the buildable car, and on film/literature.  The rest error out after macro->call friends.

Thanks for the info.  As for the rest, I guess we'll just have to wait.  Pescado replied in the other thread that the "hobbinate" code isn't finished yet.

Karen
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: